The Toy Bat can harm and kill allied NPCs

ZorkNemesis

So I understand to celebrate the most joyous of holidays everyone currently has a Nerf Bat that can be used on friend and foe alike.  I understand that attacking allies with it is intended.  What appears to be unintended is that you can use it to attack friendly NPCs like Longbow in Atlas or PPD in Nova Praetoria and that they will take damage despite being allies.  With enough whacks of the nerf bat, you can kill non-hostile NPCs and gain exp/inf off of them.  Granted, the power is weak and temporary, but I theorize with enough participation a mob of unruly heroes could probably take down some particular NPCs like Ms. Liberty or Positron.  If you're persistent enough with it, you can use it to kill mission-critical allies and break missions, such as killing Captain Duval in "Inspect Gravitech Labs" from Marauder before speaking to him.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

4 hours ago, Tahliah said:

Here's a thought: don't nerf bat to death your contacts or in-mish allies.  Problem solved.  😉

That is not the sort of positive, can-do attitude we expect from CoX players!

*grabs bat and heads for Atlas Park*

• Haha 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

16 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

That is not the sort of positive, can-do attitude we expect from CoX players!

*grabs bat and heads for Atlas Park*

Have Bat, will Nerf.

Now, where's a Regen character to hit? 😛

• Haha 2

I tested out the Toy Bat with my main and suddenly Baby New Year appeared and started following me around like a pet. I can't click on him or dismiss him. Anyone else have this issue? 

Also, I logged out and logged back in, but he's still there. Worse, he now appears when I log in with my other toons. Creepy little man-baby...

25 minutes ago, Nightwatchman said:

I tested out the Toy Bat with my main and suddenly Baby New Year appeared and started following me around like a pet. I can't click on him or dismiss him. Anyone else have this issue? 

Also, I logged out and logged back in, but he's still there. Worse, he now appears when I log in with my other toons. Creepy little man-baby...

Perhaps this is a clue?: (from announcements:  "Take Your Child to Work Day! To simulate a more true-to-life superhero experience, all heroes and villains must now take their children to work. Enjoy!")

Edit: I think that's it. I didn't use any powers and that creepy kid was on me like green on grass ... 

Edited by Bumblyberg

2 hours ago, ZacKing said:

LAg in AP is over the top from the amount of people trying to beat Ms Liberty to death, not to mention the chat spam of people whining about someone healing her

For about 20 minutes last night, I watched that exact scene play out on Everlasting, minus the crippling lag.