P2W Option: Reject White Salvage Drops

You do for me. White/common salvage is typically what Base Empowerments require for their temporary buffs. Burn them on those. Or throw them on AH for 100 inf and let everyone enjoy buying them cheap for their Base Empowerment buffs haha. 

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I'd rather just not have to clear my inventory every task force because of the absurd amount of abundant white salvage in my inventory, and actually receive the oranges and things I genuinely want, rather than be blocked from it.

While common salvage has a lot of use, generally, if I need common salvage I'll just buy it off the AH.

Otherwise, I either build the common recipes or make the empowerment buffs to lighten the load.

But yeah I give this a +1

• Like 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

3 hours ago, Zeraphia said:

I'd rather just not have to clear my inventory every task force because of the absurd amount of abundant white salvage in my inventory, and actually receive the oranges and things I genuinely want, rather than be blocked from it.

Dump it in the AH for 1 inf and be done with it.  It is not like this takes an inordinate amount of time.

2 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

There's what like 2 billion of these seeded on the market? May as well let us turn it off.

Having an abundant supply is a good thing.  This is what keeps the prices low.

9 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Dump it in the AH for 1 inf and be done with it.  It is not like this takes an inordinate amount of time.

Having an abundant supply is a good thing.  This is what keeps the prices low.

let's say 1 second to recognize it's there

another 2 to open the ah

another 3 to wait for the prompt and put in 1

that adds up to hours of time after how frequent they drop dedicated toward selling them or ignoring them and not getting any good drops.

this is all for chicken feed in terms of inf gain.

there is an abundant supply, that doesn't mean it's a good thing. this is a seeded economy with billions of them already, we dont need players to put in more or contribute to the supply because it's endless. the prices are hardly dependent on what players sell due to the seeding and the massive volume of them.

they clog up my inventory, they're awful, they're a waste of time, there are often hundreds of them after selling is done.

no thank you. reject!

Edited by Zeraphia

5 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

Sure it does.  That is what keeps the prices low.  I am sorry you are inconvenienced for 30 seconds to either delete or dump salvage into the AH. 

this doesn't end up being 30 seconds. at all. this ends up being hours, and no exaggeration, if you played frequently and tried to "milk" them through the AH (like you're suggesting), days. for very low gain.

Edited by Zeraphia
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zeraphia said:

this doesn't end up being 30 seconds. at all. this ends up being hours, and no exaggeration, if you played frequently and tried to "milk" them through the AH (like you're suggesting), days. for very low gain.

Uhm what?  If it's taking you  more than 30 seconds to dump white salvage after a TF, you're not doing something right. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

I play daily and it does not take me hours at all to dump unwanted salvage in the AH.  No idea why it is taking you so long.

Just now, ZacKing said:

Uhm what?  If it's taking you  more than 30 seconds to dump white salvage after a TF, you're not doing something right. 

30 seconds, let's say you do 3-4 tf's a day and it fills up (farmers have it even worse) let's say you do this 5 days a week, a fourth of the year. 30 seconds x 3 tfs x 5 days x 4 weeks (rounding down here) x 3 months = 5400 seconds / 60 = 90 minutes worth of selling salvage at a very modest amount of time spent on this game. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Zeraphia said:

30 seconds, let's say you do 3-4 tf's a day and it fills up (farmers have it even worse) let's say you do this 5 days a week, a fourth of the year. 30 seconds x 3 tfs x 5 days x 4 weeks (rounding down here) x 3 months = 5400 seconds / 60 = 90 minutes worth of selling salvage at a very modest amount of time spent on this game. 

So?  It's still taking you a few seconds at a clip.  I mean, holy laziness Batman!

2 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

So?  It's still taking you a few seconds at a clip.  I mean, holy laziness Batman!

Lazy? Or I just don't want to deal with it? There are lots of things that are rejectable that are not as horrific as salvage overall in time/spent to get rid of them. We have an abundance via seeding, so there isn't a need for more salvage, so why shouldn't we be able to drop them? As I demonstrated, the time spent selling salvage is significant over time.

• Thumbs Down 1

*shrug* It's your INF you're throwing away by wanting this. I'd prefer you get an option to auto-sell them, listed at 1 inf, and all the proceeds go to me.

• Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Is it like a forum game that I've never caught on to where people come up with arguments to resist the simplest and least affecting suggested changes just for the fun of it, or is the gatekeeping so strong in this community that people actually feel compelled to argue stupid shit? 

If you take a pretty decent peak player count from a busy weekend day, let's say 4,000 toons, and you take the 2 billion seeded white salvage and divided equally among each of those 4,000 players, each player would have a stack of 500,000 of each type of white salvage. 

In other words, letting the handful of people who want to disable white salvage drops do so would have practically zero impact on the supply, or anyone else's gameplay experience! What a ridiculous argument! 

Edited by Neogumbercules
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Greycat said:

*shrug* It's your INF you're throwing away by wanting this. I'd prefer you get an option to auto-sell them, listed at 1 inf, and all the proceeds go to me.

Can argue the same for recipes and inspirations. Not a valid reason for it not to exist, if people want that system, great I'd be down for it! But at the same point, I'd be great with them just going with rejections that we already have.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

Can argue the same for recipes and inspirations. Not a valid reason for it not to exist, if people want that system, great I'd be down for it! But at the same point, I'd be great with them just going with rejections that we already have.

You'll note it's not arguing against. Just stating that it's your INF you're throwing away.

(Though, honestly, if I wanted to dump salvage easily, I'd prefer the "Autolist *rarity* salvage at *price*" as an option.Or a slash command I could throw into a macro.)

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

44 minutes ago, Neogumbercules said:

Is it like a forum game that I've never caught on to where people come up with arguments to resist the simplest and least affecting suggested changes just for the fun of it, or is the gatekeeping so strong in this community that people actually feel compelled to argue stupid shit? 

It is no more gatekeeping than the people who feel compelled to make poor suggestions and then complain when people disagree with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShardWarrior said:

It is no more gatekeeping than the people who feel compelled to make poor suggestions and then complain when people disagree with them.

You made a terrible argument about how it will affect the market (it won't), you tried to say it doesn't affect people (for their time in the game), when it does. Again, inspirations and recipes already have this option, honestly less problematic than how much salvage stacks up in comparison. 

You possibly make significantly more money in the process by rejecting white salvage, which will lead you to possibly gaining more orange salvage (via the inventory not being full). If you just leave the inventory full, or are in a mission when it is, you are very possibly missing out on actually good salvage because your inventory is choking from the tedious amounts of salvage it has. *(Hence why it SHOULD be reject-able)

It is not just laziness that drives this, and honestly even if so... who wants to go /ah after just about every mission to avoid salvage filling up? I certainly don't. I mentioned before just how easily the time accumulates to sell this stuff through the AH, I wouldn't call people "lazy" for not wanting to sell it to be quite honest. What takes you, someone who is practiced at keyboard clicking/typing 30 seconds to do, may take another individual much longer, be very aware of that and do not assume and apply your situation to everyone. Even taking your estimates, I have demonstrated the amount of time and tedium that selling the salvage presents itself.