Width enhancment

Just for general reference, from Paragonwiki -

There are several Enhancement aspects that have been retired and combined into new ones. The currently known ones are:

• Cone Range, which was incorporated into the Range aspect;
  • Endurance Drain, and
  • Endurance Recovery, which were merged into the Endurance Modification aspect;
  • Team Defense, and
  • Self Defense, which were merged into the Defense Buff aspect

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I don't recall any enhancements that ever increased AoE radius or cone arc angle. I've been playing since I3, so I doubt I ever missed those unless they were in beta and never an actual part of the game.

Edited by Dragotect

I distinctly remember this too from waaaay back in like issue one, but it isn't in the patch notes anywhere. Must be the Mandela effect/misunderstanding the cone range enhancements. Probably from old forum guides saying "slotting this gives you a wider arc" and omitting "because the cone is longer and thus wider on the end".

They should definitely be added though. Turn all cones into PBAoEs with maximum width enhancement! While we're at it add range to PBAoEs. Aggro 16 different guys from random groups on the entire map! Fuck corner pulling!

• Like 1

ugh, my wife gave me the same suggestion/feedback last night.

"Sorry it's not wider, honey"

• Haha 4

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Really this was just a range thing.

Get an AOE with a wide cone but short range, then add range enhancers .. suddenly its insane how much the Area affected is due to the increase in range. 

Its less spectacular on a narrow, long range cone of course, due to the positioning required. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Greycat said:

Just for general reference, from Paragonwiki -

• Team Defense, and
  • Self Defense, which were merged into the Defense Buff aspect

Ugh, so you'd have to split the enhancements 50/50 in powers like Maneuvers if you wanted to equally enhance what you gave your team vs what you gave yourself?

Edited by Primantis