Would Psychic or Toxic Judgements be OP?

Was just thinking about how, of the 8 kinds of damage in the game, only 6 have Judgements.  Would it be unbalanced to add the more "exotic" types?  I imagine that most mobs don't have as much of holes against Psychic and/or Toxic as compared to players.....though it might get nasty in PVP.....

The reason IMO there is no Psionic judgement was the perception from previous years that it is OP, when in reality, it's far from the best damage type to have and is definitely not "OP" by any means. In fact, it is the third most resisted damage type, with a notable amount of late-game enemies having Psionic resistance. A toxic judgement may be thematically hard to produce given the unique nature of how toxic damage usually acts by DoTs. However, I see no reason for there not to be some sort of Psionic-based judgement. Below is a damage resistance analysis, where it indicates that throwing Psionic damage is not especially "OP" due to the massive amount of enemies that will resist it (these include several robots, carnies, fortunatas, etc.)

• Like 2

I was going to assert that Psi and Toxic were resisted by a lot of enemies, especially at higher levels. @Zeraphia, thanks for linking the data that demonstrates my intended assertion.

Psi could definitely have a good judgement - probably with a strong control component (confuse?). Toxic would have to be a different type of judgement, but I wouldn't mind a patch or pseudopet (dot + summon pseudopet on nearby enemies) type of power.

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

1 hour ago, Zepp said:

I was going to assert that Psi and Toxic were resisted by a lot of enemies, especially at higher levels. @Zeraphia, thanks for linking the data that demonstrates my intended assertion.

Psi could definitely have a good judgement - probably with a strong control component (confuse?). Toxic would have to be a different type of judgement, but I wouldn't mind a patch or pseudopet (dot + summon pseudopet on nearby enemies) type of power.

Most of the judgements are either PBAoE or target AoE in front of you, with only Ionic being a chain.  I was thinking it might be interesting if a Toxic one chained, like a plague/contagion.

Hm I dont see either being OP unless the Devs just over tune them. Psi was made into a dps set when it was given to blasters, as has been pointed out especially in late game, psi res is if not super high pretty common and high on certain mobs.

Toxic, I dont see anything wrong with somekind of toxic cloud dot that could be unique as the first non insta nuke judge but instead a very strong dot cloud effect. By being a pure dot it should counter act any perception of an OP advantage it might have being so rarely resisted.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 1:27 PM, Menelruin said:

though it might get nasty in PVP.

Only if a Toxic one had NO other damage type. There is no typed def to Toxic damage, so it would just check on aoe def most likely. As far as resist goes...in pvp they would not do anything major, as all epic/patron toggles now (at least they did when I last pvpd) give resistance to All.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Only if a Toxic one had NO other damage type. There is no typed def to Toxic damage, so it would just check on aoe def most likely. As far as resist goes...in pvp they would not do anything major, as all epic/patron toggles now (at least they did when I last pvpd) give resistance to All.

99% toxic and 1% energy?

2 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

What about a Corrosive Cloud?  Drop it, and is starts out with low damage, but ramps up the longer a target stands in it.  That way the lack of a Toxic Defense tag is less of an issue in PvP, and it becomes an area-denial Power.

That is actually how I was imagining it, kinda a mustard gas cloud that smart people would stay the frell out of.

6 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Many say judgement is already toxic

Moreso than the forums?