My search-fu fails: SR scaling resist equation?

Bill Z Bubba

I can't find it and it's driving me more insane. Help pls?

Also, seeing some odd info. Are the scaling resists identical for brutes, scrappers and tanks? All three begin scaling at 60% health and provide up to 60% damres to all but toxic and psi at 0% health?

Thanks.

Edit: Maybe it's because it's 3am but am I overthinking this? Isn't it just 60 - hp% = DR as long as you have all three passives?

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

Correct BZB. For the ATs you mentioned (and maybe Sentinel?) The formula for each passive is (60% - HP%)/3 (so scales from 0% to 20% for ranges of 60 HP and below.

When you have all 3 passives, then the total becomes 60% - HP%.

For Stalkers, they only have 2 passives, so their formula was tweaked such that it caps at 25% for each passive. So their formula would be

(60% - HP%) x 25%/60% = (60% - HP%) x 5/12.

When you have both, you can cap at 50% and the formula becomes

(60% -HP%) x 5/6

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Huh, I looked up Sentinel and was surprised to see this. It has 3 scaling resists like Tanks/Brutes/Scrappers, but it scales the same as a stalker (up to 25% instead of 20%).

So a Stalker (with 2 passives) can scale up to 50% resistance using formula (60-HP%)/60 x (0.25+0.25)

Tanks/Brutes/Scrappers (with 3 passives) can scale up to 60% resistance using formula (60 - HP%)/60 x (0.20+0.20+0.20)

Sentinel (with 3 passives) can scale up to 75% resistance using formula (60-HP%)/60 x (0.25+0.25+0.25).

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

59 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Sentinel (with 3 passives) can scale up to 75% resistance using formula (60-HP%)/60 x (0.25+0.25+0.25).

WTH.... that's insane. But as I've constantly said about sents... freaking OP tankmages.

Thanks for the info.

So a tank with the AT IO proc with 3 stacks for +DR and the scaling DR Reactive Defense IO proc AND the scaling passives at, say, 20% health is looking at...

20.1%

3+ (7*.8) = 8.6%

(60-20)/60*.6 = .4 So it should be *100 to get % yes? I'm not failing my 4th grade math teacher badly here, right?

68.7 DR to all but toxic and psi and 28.7 to toxic and psi.

Not counting tough or any SetIO DR bonuses.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

The key takeaway here is that so long as your base resistances with Super Reflexes are in the 50%-ish range, you don't need to get TOO deep into HP loss in order to cap out your resistances when combining Super Reflexes Scaling Resistances (0-60%) and Reactive Defenses proc (3-13%) and Tanker ATO (5% or 6.7% per stack, max 3 stacks).  All of those combined will push your Tanker towards the Resistance hardcap of 90% before you reach "too much" HP loss.  The name of the game though is MARGIN ... so you'll want your base resistances to be as high (and as evenly balanced?) as you can comfortably manage so as to scale up your resistances HARD AND FAST once you start dropping below 60% and reach the 90% hardcap for resistances "quickly" in order to minimize incoming damage and maximize your potential for survival (especially if you've got a high rate of base regeneration to mitigate what damage does leak through).

This was the approach I took to the problem with my most recent SR/MA ... NO GET HITSU!! builds (of which I consider the v3.1.0 to be the hands down superior option).

Of course, I don't need to tell you that Bill ... but others reading this thread (later) might not be as well versed in the subject.  The basic idea though is that you don't need to have maximum defenses AND resistances while standing around idly at full HP as per the build planner.  Instead, you simply need to have "enough" default resistances to be able to reach the resistance hardcap "quickly" once Scaling Resistances from both Super Reflexes and Reactive Defenses slotting kick in, combined with the Tanker ATO proc for adding more resistance on top of that.  You don't need to be at max all the time, you just want to be able to get to max "quickly" when it's needed without losing too much HP in the process ... such that the amount of incoming damage cannot exceed your Regeneration rate and you wind up healing back damage faster than it can come in (or at least, that's the theory).

So yeah ... "Squoosh Factor" rules definitely apply.

You don't need to hit the mark from the start, just get close enough to it for a game of horseshoes and hand grenades.

• Like 5

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

5 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

68.7 DR to all but toxic and psi

Almost. I'd heard 3% + 7% scaling for Reactive Defenses here and there too, but confirmed last month with in game monitoring that it is indeed 3% + 10% scaling. And it scales like you show, linearly between 100% and 0% HP. So Reactive Defenses are giving you 3% + 10% * (100% - 20%) = 11% damage resistance when you're at 20% hit points. Add in the 40% from Super Reflexes scaling resists and 20.1% from the ATO, and you're at 71.1% damage resistance. Add in Shield Wall and you're at 76.1% damage resistance. And let me second and thumbs up everything @Redlynne said. And I want to extend the lesson to other primaries as well. With 10% scaling from Reactive Defenses and the ATO and maybe you pick Barrier, you really don't need to be sitting at 90% in Mids to be there in practice in almost every situation where you'd have any concern that your life was on the line, and it's probably better to work on other aspects of your build.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

O.o

Went into Brigg's farm. Still have hasten on auto so not even using rebirth. Max diff. Not dying. Holy crap. Just standing there... 5 mins so far.

But two max diff spawns of Rularuu with a buncha nasty eyeballs chompin on me did the job. Yay!

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Went into Brigg's farm. Still have hasten on auto so not even using rebirth. Max diff. Not dying.

You made me curious. Tried this on my DM/SR Brute without using Siphon Life or Rebirth. Very blinky scary hit points almost the whole time, but I went over 10 minutes without them finishing me off, then left the mission. A million small DoTs seem like ideal circumstances for scaling resists, but it's still fun to see them in action like this.

Edited by Werner
  • Like 3