SUGGESTION: Add KB:KD to Tactics

roleki

This came up in General a couple weekends back, wherein some vocally complained about unchecked KB, and others lamented having to dedicate slots to deal with KB, and still others suggested those builds prone to KB should learn to deal with it.  So it was, you know, the usual conversation whenever KB is brought up out of the blue.

Anyway, as someone who slots a TON of KB:KD enhancements, I got to thinking... would it be difficult to add a -200% KB:KD component to the Tactics toggle?  Figure, that way those people who love KB when they are solo don't have to make adjustments when joining teams, and small teams that still benefit somewhat from the soft control KB gives them would (theoretically) mitigate SOME KB, and larger teams/leagues where KB is most usually frowned upon would (theoretically) eliminate KB entirely.  It also fits into the theme of Leadership/Tactics, as in "You know what would be a good tactic?  Making sure everything that's in an AoE isn't inadvertently blown out of the AoE."  

I realize, that would lead some characters to unwittingly/unwillingly self-nerf their KB, but, since the topic of KB still comes up quite often even with the SA enhancement in wide use, it seems something that could use some more spitballing.

• Like 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I oppose anything that forces KB-to-KD for merely selecting a power.

YOU may consider KB objectiionable as a team tactic.  This opinion is not universally held.

I see no need for any changes, given that the Sudden Accel IO is not unique.

However, if at some point the devs do decide to put in some global control / swtich for this, I trust that they will do so in a manner that gives player a CHOICE to flip that switch, or not, regardless of what other powers they may or may not have selected in their builds.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I oppose anything that forces KB-to-KD for merely selecting a power.

YOU may consider KB objectiionable as a team tactic.  This opinion is not universally held.

Of course not!  But, there are some people who think the world is flat, yet companies still intentionally produce globes for sale in stores, despite the obvious pain they're causing.

I've come around on Sudden Acceleration in general, but at 1/6th of a power's enhancement (or more, if you underslot) and 4M a pop, that's a fairly high tax to not be THAT guy at the MSR.  Me, I'm willing to pay it because A) I'm not really paying for it and B) it's worth it to know I'm not inadvertently the person getting yelled at in chat BUT there are a lot of people who still don't know how to deal with KB or how to leverage it for their benefit, so the topic comes up a LOT more than it should if it were a done deal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AerialAssault said:

Ah ah, Knockback to Knockdown threads are on Tuesday only.

Nice try.

Of course!  Why do you think I waited until Tuesday!?  I nearly burst.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

I wonder how difficult it would be to add a "swap ammo" type toggle to Energy Blast that lets the player decide if they want KB or KD?

And Storm Summoning?  And Kintectics?  Any Force Fields?  And....?

Better to not tie it to any set but just make it some kind of inherent "Stance" toggle to choose KB or KD if they choose to go that route.

still. I could live with this kind of solution, since it still puts final choice into the players hands.

14 minutes ago, ShardWarrior said:

I wonder how difficult it would be to add a "swap ammo" type toggle to Energy Blast that lets the player decide if they want KB or KD?

Even if it were easy, it would need to be ported to Storm, to Gravity, hell, I think I saw an Emp knock people out of the bowl once.  I had suggested an Accolade as a toggle before, and people nearly lost their minds.  There's like a KB NRA or something, where any talk that isn't centered around getting MORE KB into the hands of players is shouted down with all the fervor of an addict.

11 minutes ago, roleki said:

Of course!  Why do you think I waited until Tuesday!?  I nearly burst.

I thought Tuesdays were "nerf farming" days.. where is the schedule? Who has the schedule?!

Edited by Troo
  • Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

No thanks. It would move Tactics from something that might be usable to something I'd flat out avoid.

Plus, from the sound of it, the -KB is affecting the team like everything else in the power? If that's the case, *absolutely* not.  (If it's not, disregard.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.