How do you attune enhancements?

ranster44

slot the enhancement

open manage screen and select enhancement

have catalyst in salvage

on enh combine screen use catalyst on enhancement

or sell unattuned on AH and buy attuned from AH because they are bucketed so pricing should be same

I think you can attune enhancements at 50 but if you buy them attuned from AH you can use them earlier.

32 minutes ago, EmmySky said:

I think you can attune enhancements at 50 but if you buy them attuned from AH you can use them earlier.

You can attune them as soon as you can slot them, since you have to use the enhancement combination screen to do it, and that only works with slotted enhancements.

27 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

You can attune them as soon as you can slot them, since you have to use the enhancement combination screen to do it, and that only works with slotted enhancements.

Technically yes, you can attune them at any level, but Enhancement Catalysts will only drop from level 50 content. You can get them from winter packs and merit vendors at any level, but those are both pricey options.

Edited by GastlyGibus
  • Like 1

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.

Or you can buy them off the AH, although if you want an attuned version of an enhancement you already have, you're better off selling the regular enhancement and buying an attuned version, since they sell from the same pool -- the price you get for the enhancement will usually be very close to the price you pay, and much cheaper than buying a catalyst.

• Like 1

Every level 50 character has a fairly good chance of getting one catalyst per day.  This is a good reason to get on a couple of your level 50s daily ande do something with them, even if that's only running a Sha mission or a radio. 

I use the catalysts together with unslotters to supply newly made characters with IOs like the Panacea chance for health/endurance as soon as they can be slotted;  with that it's level 7.  Thst little commitment may get them played, and if you decide you don't like 'em you can yank it with another unslotter and hand to a replacement. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

When I play a toon "hobo" style, which is when he pays for his own way without any help from alts, I almost never slot unattuned IOs. When I get a recipe, I craft it, convert it to something pricey (a health or def IO is sure to get a good price) then sell it into the AH and buy what I want with the profit. the only time I slot unattuned IOs is when they're the procs, because most procs give you the same benefit whether they're level 10 or level 50. Additionally, on Level 50 toons, I never bother attuning PvP IOs, since they inherently function much like attuned ones and scaled down when you exemplar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Six Six said:

When I play a toon "hobo" style, which is when he pays for his own way without any help from alts, I almost never slot unattuned IOs. When I get a recipe, I craft it, convert it to something pricey (a health or def IO is sure to get a good price) then sell it into the AH and buy what I want with the profit. the only time I slot unattuned IOs is when they're the procs, because most procs give you the same benefit whether they're level 10 or level 50. Additionally, on Level 50 toons, I never bother attuning PvP IOs, since they inherently function much like attuned ones and scaled down when you exemplar. 

So, do PvP IO's scale UP as you level as well?  If I slot one at 30, will it grow with me?  Or do they only scale down?

On 7/24/2020 at 8:16 PM, Six Six said:

My OCD requires me to attune even procs because they don't look right...

• Like 6

I'll confess to this, and also the stupid waste of unslotters to rearrange the order of IOs in a power to make it look "right."

Sigh.

• Like 5

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

5 hours ago, Lockpick said:

My OCD requires me to attune even procs because they don't look right...

22 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

I'll confess to this, and also the stupid waste of unslotters to rearrange the order of IOs in a power to make it look "right."

Sigh.

Life is short, comfort is important, and chicks dig scars.  Wait, maybe I got that wrong.

• Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Sigh.

I feel your pain, I have to make these adjustments too...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Sigh.

That's why I will only slot them when I have the slots and enhancement readied. I fear my OCD will bankrupted me.

• Like 2

that's the main reason I respec. to arrange IOs, not so much repick powers, but to make sure IOs are nice and neat and in order (Heal and Absorb goes first, the proc last). and with crafted IOs, I try to have them in multiples of 5 (level 10, 15, 20, etc.), otherwise, even if they're a proc, I'll sell them in the AH. OCD runs in the family.

• Like 1