Glad HC is going to look at Energy Melee

Bill Z Bubba

I remember screaming at Castle and BAB about how hard they completely fucked up EM back when the ET animation change happened.

Still holds true today. I've respeced my EM/SR brute to use EM/BS/TF/BS as her attack chain and there are two points that come to mind.

1: Her ST damage output is still ridiculously pathetic. Of course, her aoe output is also pathetic but that was always the case.

2: She was far more fun when I was only cruising with barrage/ep/bs/wh.

If knowing that the least efficient/productive build is the most fun... then something is ridiculously wrong.

ET and TF both need a total animation time reduction. Anything less than that will be useless.

• Like 3

I can look at social media posts all day long about a decaying world and/or society

Doesnt mean im ganna do anything about it tho.  might get a total revamp, might just get the Dominator energy assault stuff ported over

I'm workin on rebuilding my old villain main, Louis Cypher, back to his em/fa build, but this time going tank instead of his original bruteness. I'll be skipping ET, TF and Stun completely. That way he and my em/sr brute will be ready to go for testing should any changes hit beta.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba

Something to keep in mind is that even nerfed ET is an incredibly strong skill, and really isn't why EM is suffering. For just general play it's a 2.7 second animation and has a 71 DPA versus say Bone Smasher with its 1.5 second animation and 45 DPA. The biggest offenders in EMs kit is that Whirling Hands is significantly weak for an AoE in an AoE focused game, and Total Focus is absolutely terrible with a 44.8 DPA over a 3.3 second animation. It makes the set feel horribly slow to have two large hitting attacks with a near 3 second animation, in addition to how punishing it can be to be locked for 3+ seconds, and to miss with such a long animation. TF is a prime candidate to drop in your chain, instead reserving ET for harder hitting targets and building off the strength of the Barrage/Energy Punch/Bone Smasher combo when you need quicker hits.

Speeding up TF or simply buffing Whirling Hands would be enough to really help EM (personally I'd prefer the Whirling Hands buff to make the set feel better in group content)

Edited by Tactical

I have an EM Scrapp Based on Iron Fist, feels like I am watching dbz with the wind up animations so long to complete the chain. really needs a rework I agree

My apologies you are completely correct of course, my mistake I have a character so themed, obvoiusly not that AT I will respectfully withdraw

Edited by TIto Vendetta

30 minutes ago, TIto Vendetta said:

I have an EM Scrapp Based on Iron Fist, feels like I am watching dbz with the wind up animations so long to complete the chain. really needs a rework I agree

Neat trick since EM isn't available to scrappers.

31 minutes ago, drbuzzard said:

Neat trick since EM isn't available to scrappers.

But it will be after they fix it, right? RIGHT?!!?

Someone on the old forums had as their forum icon a gif of a girl using what I can only describe as energy martial arts from some animated something or other. Same pompoms of doom but also on her feet. Does anyone remember this or have any clue what show it was from?

On 8/5/2020 at 6:58 AM, TIto Vendetta said:

not digress into silly insults

nah they prefer slight disdain, underhanded, & leading provocation ...feel superior, leave room for mis-understanding, & attempt to trigger the other so they appear to be the bad guy. received my fair share. confrontation must be scary to go to those lengths to avoid it, lol.

(for clarity: not being sarcastic here.  just noting the typical M.O.)

Edited by Krazie Ivan

On 8/5/2020 at 8:58 AM, TIto Vendetta said:

I am so glad we were able to stay on topic and not digress into silly insults and things like that, definitely shows the maturity of our community

5 hours ago, Krazie Ivan said:

nah they prefer slight disdain, underhanded, & leading provocation ...feel superior, leave room for mis-understanding, & attempt to trigger the other so they appear to be the bad guy. received my fair share. confrontation must be scary to go to those lengths to avoid it, lol.

I feel like I'm missing something. Did I insult anyone?

On 7/27/2020 at 2:47 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

New fa/em tank is running bar/ep/bs/ep with burn and wh thrown in. ET and TF were skipped entirely as useless. He's a whole lotta fun this way.

Just noticed the thread. Have to say I loved my EM/EA brute on live - even after the ET change - but absolutely *hated* it on that exact combo on a tank. Maybe because I played the brute more like a heavy Stalker and was more interested in punching single harder targets...

• Like 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Did I insult anyone?

not that i have ever seen at all. even way back on Live, always seemed like a decent high-road person to me.

26 minutes ago, TIto Vendetta said:

just a little snark over my misstep

oh, man, i hope you didn't take that as sarcasm aimed at you. didn't even think your misstep was worth mentioning. i'm being completely sincere. was just noting the typical M.O. we see around here.

i know the internet can be full of innuendo, so i try to be direct, but esp if i'm confronting something. most of the snotty/snarky stuff around here isn't worth even calling out - i just play dumb & move on. if they really want to insult me looking for reaction, they'll have to be unmistakable with it.

On 7/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, Tactical said:

Something to keep in mind is that even nerfed ET is an incredibly strong skill, and really isn't why EM is suffering. For just general play it's a 2.7 second animation and has a 71 DPA versus say Bone Smasher with its 1.5 second animation and 45 DPA. The biggest offenders in EMs kit is that Whirling Hands is significantly weak for an AoE in an AoE focused game, and Total Focus is absolutely terrible with a 44.8 DPA over a 3.3 second animation. It makes the set feel horribly slow to have two large hitting attacks with a near 3 second animation, in addition to how punishing it can be to be locked for 3+ seconds, and to miss with such a long animation. TF is a prime candidate to drop in your chain, instead reserving ET for harder hitting targets and building off the strength of the Barrage/Energy Punch/Bone Smasher combo when you need quicker hits.

Speeding up TF or simply buffing Whirling Hands would be enough to really help EM (personally I'd prefer the Whirling Hands buff to make the set feel better in group content)

You are looking at EM completely wrong, and i get it - aoe is the name of the game right?

Well EM should be the most powerful ST set, at the expense of aoe - look at it this way...

AOE character drops 5 minions in 8 seconds with aoe attacks

EM ST character drops 5 minions in 8 seconds with ST attacks.

Those are only for instance numbers but similar performances.

Thats how EM should feel - Lethal unforgiving ST attacks.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Infinitum said:

You are looking at EM completely wrong, and i get it - aoe is the name of the game right?

Well EM should be the most powerful ST set, at the expense of aoe - look at it this way...

AOE character drops 5 minions in 8 seconds with aoe attacks

EM ST character drops 5 minions in 8 seconds with ST attacks.

Those are only for instance numbers but similar performances.

Thats how EM should feel - Lethal unforgiving ST attacks.

And I'd be ok with that if it were remotely true now. Which it ain't.

If my EM/SR brute can't dish out better DPS than my freakin Claws/SR brute... when claws has some GLORIOUS AoE output, then EM is painfully broken.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:29 PM, Bill Z Bubba said:

I remember screaming at Castle and BAB about how hard they completely fucked up EM back when the ET animation change happened.

Still holds true today. I've respeced my EM/SR brute to use EM/BS/TF/BS as her attack chain and there are two points that come to mind.

1: Her ST damage output is still ridiculously pathetic. Of course, her aoe output is also pathetic but that was always the case.

2: She was far more fun when I was only cruising with barrage/ep/bs/wh.

If knowing that the least efficient/productive build is the most fun... then something is ridiculously wrong.

ET and TF both need a total animation time reduction. Anything less than that will be useless.

Leave a three-dollar bill under your pillow each night for the EM Fairy and maybe you’ll get your wish.

• Haha 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

43 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And I'd be ok with that if it were remotely true now. Which it ain't.

If my EM/SR brute can't dish out better DPS than my freakin Claws/SR brute... when claws has some GLORIOUS AoE output, then EM is painfully broken.

Homecoming did so well with tankers I think we are in good hands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1