What mission or Arc is this from ?!?!?!

EnnVee

Clones are pretty interesting opponents.

Back in the OG game, before Trick Arrow was buffed, a dirty trick was to join a Posi 1 Task Force and not mention that your clone was for sure going to have Flash Arrow. What made this so hilarious is that Trick Arrow itself had *no* capability of protecting the team but the clone could single handedly destroy the team by blinding them.

That still kinda happens, but at least now TA is a good set. If you end up teaming with one on Posi 1 tho be sure to take out their clone first.   

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Snarky said:

There is a contact in Sharkhead, Leonard, 20-29, that has you fight your own clones some.  I do not remember if it is a parallel story line or just similar.

There is some parallelity going on between the two arcs. The villain, Protean, is the same, and he is obsessed with making clones of you for his nefarious purposes.

One interesting tidbit. If you do Leonard's arc first, there is an extra little bit of dialog when you meet and begin Jenni Adair's arc. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

One interesting tidbit. If you do Leonard's arc first, there is an extra little bit of dialog when you meet and begin Jenni Adair's arc. 

Oooo... I JUST did Leonard's arc and am level 28.  I may just have to take a short Vigilante Vacation for this. 😈

Speaking of clones... a spoiler question for Leonard's arc for those who have done it:

Spoiler

At the end this time, I managed to save the last of my clones from the burning lab.  Then I went to clear out Protean's bank accounts.  Naturally, when the question came up about ALSO robbing the bank, I said "yes!"  Then my clone came running in all disappointed at my greed and we had to fight.  So sad!   Does this end differently if you choose NOT to rob the bank and just make off with Protean's account?  The wiki says you still "Deal with your clone" but doesn't say what happens.

I must know!

Edited by ZemX
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

Oooo... I JUST did Leonard's arc and am level 28.  I may just have to take a short Vigilante Vacation for this. 😈

Speaking of clones... a spoiler question for Leonard's arc for those who have done it:

Hide contents

At the end this time, I managed to save the last of my clones from the burning lab.  Then I went to clear out Protean's bank accounts.  Naturally, when the question came up about ALSO robbing the bank, I said "yes!"  Then my clone came running in all disappointed at my greed and we had to fight.  So sad!   Does this end differently if you choose NOT to rob the bank and just make off with Protean's account?  The wiki says you still "Deal with your clone" but doesn't say what happens.

I must know!

I have always robbed the bank lol. Similarly for the Mercy Arc where the Longbow traitor helps tou I have to restrain myself from killing him.  If i kill him he is not available for me to Ouro do the Fire Wire Arc and i have to get a GM to help me complete the stupid thing. I am a creature of habit. At least the dialogue for not killing him is appropriate “you will be useful to me later”

4 minutes ago, Snarky said:

Similarly for the Mercy Arc where the Longbow traitor helps tou I have to restrain myself from killing him.  If i kill him he is not available for me to Ouro do the Fire Wire Arc

Oops!  Though this time I did FireWire.  Is this also a problem if you have to Ouro Doc Webber?

29 minutes ago, ZemX said:

Oops!  Though this time I did FireWire.  Is this also a problem if you have to Ouro Doc Webber?

No idea. The problem is after you finish fire wires arc you have one last mission. Go talk to the guy. If he is dead you gotta call a GM to bump you past and get the complete. There is a badge for all Mercy missions so it has to complete   Lt Harris is the Longbow traitor.  I could not tell for sure about Webber. You look safe. Fire Wire specifically has the mission to see Harris listed Webber does not

1 hour ago, ZemX said:

Hide contents

I must know!

Yes.  If you do not take the more conventionally villainous approach and don't 

Spoiler

Rob the bank the clone will come in  and ask you "Why did you save me?"  And you get three choices to reply to them, which are basically "I want a slave" which leads to them fighting you, "I don't know, I just did" which sends them off to live their own life, or "Because I couldn't leave you behind" which leads to them heading off to discover a place for themselves in the world as more than a combat clone.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, merrypessimist said:

Yes.  If you do not take the more conventionally villainous approach and don't 

Reveal hidden contents

Rob the bank the clone will come in  and ask you "Why did you save me?"  And you get three choices to reply to them, which are basically "I want a slave" which leads to them fighting you, "I don't know, I just did" which sends them off to live their own life, or "Because I couldn't leave you behind" which leads to them heading off to discover a place for themselves in the world as more than a combat clone.

Awww, mannnnn.   Now I feel bad!  I'm going to go cry into my piles of money from the bank job, now!

• Haha 2

Neat!  These clone arcs are really some of the best in the game:

screenshot_210802-18-33-52.thumb.jpg.a4e960dc7960d054a965f9650d314d06.jpg

And yes, there's one extra response you get when you first talk to Jenni Adair:

Spoiler

Adair: "We have a theory who is behind all this!"

Me: "It's Protean."

Adair: "Yeah, how did you know?"

Me: "Let's just say we know each other."

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/2/2021 at 11:11 AM, Snarky said:

No idea. The problem is after you finish fire wires arc you have one last mission. Go talk to the guy. If he is dead you gotta call a GM to bump you past and get the complete. There is a badge for all Mercy missions so it has to complete   Lt Harris is the Longbow traitor.  I could not tell for sure about Webber. You look safe. Fire Wire specifically has the mission to see Harris listed Webber does not

Confirmed by the way.  If you choose to kill Harris, you can still complete Webber via Ouro without any trouble.   Just did so.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did this yesterday based on the recommendation from here, and I really liked it. The clone's dialog got me misty-eyed, and I was pleasantly surprised that my Stalker clone was equally deadly to me as I was to hapless NPC enemies.

My only nitpick is the explanation for why you-know-who didn't survive, but really, that was an extremely minor point in an arc that I enjoyed a lot!

I think this will become part of my go-to route through the 20's.

6 hours ago, Miss Magical said:

The clone's dialog got me misty-eyed, and I was pleasantly surprised that my Stalker clone was equally deadly to me as I was to hapless NPC enemies.

You should go Rogue for a bit and Ouro the Dean MacArthur / Leonard arcs.   Then you can choose to face eight of your clones at once and earn the "Army of Me" badge. 😈

Course, you have inspirations and they don't which is what saved me.  Couple purples and my Ninjitsu is soft-capped.  They still tried burying me in a pile of Caltrops, though.

42 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I did the 8 clone mission with a DP/MC blaster and after about 5 deaths I got help from a friend and we died once or twice before we got them all.

Yeah, this fight changes a lot based on who you are (and thus who the clones are) and how much you've put into your build by that point.  In my case, this Staff/Nin stalker was showered with enough inf from rich alts to have all attacks fully slotted with IO sets, including both ATO sets.  I think the clones are not a copy of your build but just NPCs generated to use powers from the same powersets so they don't have these advantages.  Between that and soft-capping with a couple purple insps, they didn't really stand much of a chance even against just me alone.

I'm sure 8 blasters is no picnic in that level range.  Imagine facing eight storm defenders or something like that? 🤪

I always felt like there was still a little bit more to the Nance and Adair arcs (and the Leonard one redside); some questions that weren't quite answered. Notably, it seems like the precise relationship between Protean and Mr. G could use some elaborating. It would be (or would have been) cool to see a story arc that brought those two characters into the same spot, post-Going Rogue.

• Thumbs Up 1