What mission or Arc is this from ?!?!?!

EnnVee

There is a red side arc in which you fight clones of yourself as well. It also very cool.

In Sharkhead, starting at level 20, do Dean MacArthur's arc and then Leonard after that. (If you like badges, you can get Army of Me by fighting eight clones in Leonard's first mission. It can be tough so bring help. Helpers will also get the badge.)

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

There is a red side arc in which you fight clones of yourself as well. It also very cool.

In Sharkhead, starting at level 20, do Dean MacArthur's arc and then Leonard after that. (If you like badges, you can get Army of Me by fighting eight clones in Leonard's first mission. It can be tough so bring help. Helpers will also get the badge.)

Someone casually suggested the 8 clones for the badge so I thoughtlessly tried it.

Me, a Mastermind.

The army of eight masterminds and all their pets charging at me blasting felt like I was doing a Rikti Mothership Raid, and I was the only one who came..

• Haha 10

Fighting eight of yourself at once is a special challenge for sure.

I also really enjoy the "RUN!" part at the end of Leonard's penultimate mission. It gives you three minutes to find your way back to the mission entrance while the base is on fire and exploding. Along the way you have an opportunity to stop and help a dying clone.

Whether you make it or not, you (everybody on the team) gets the Explosive Finale badge. Back on live, if you didn't make it, you would be ejected from the mission dead. Now it just kicks you out not dead.

I can usually make it out with a minute or more still on the clock, even stopping to save my clone's life. If you can keep up with me, you make it out too. But if you get stuck in the twists and turns of the base...

And as a fun extra, Recall Friend and the various team teleports are disabled in the mission. I have left a person at the entrance ready to TP everyone to safety only to discover the teleports fail!

If you're on Indom and you want company on these arcs, I love them. Holler.

11 hours ago, Lamia said:

The army of eight masterminds and all their pets charging at me blasting felt like I was doing a Rikti Mothership Raid, and I was the only one who came..

Every once in a while Masterminds need to see how the other guys feel the rest of the time!

• Haha 2

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 7/28/2020 at 10:07 PM, Apparition said:

Special Agent Jenni Adair, level 20 to 29 in Talos Island.  Although I do highly recommend running Field Agent Keith Nance's mission arc first.

While I see Keith Nance, I don't see Jenni Adair on Ouro. Is it not possible to do this arc in flashback?

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender

Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper | Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel

18 hours ago, Lamia said:

Someone casually suggested the 8 clones for the badge so I thoughtlessly tried it.

Me, a Mastermind.

My toughest challenge for that badge was with my SoA because the clones get access to powers you couldn't even have yet. They were dropping Disruptorbot Spiders and spamming Surveillance debuffs the moment I came around the corner. He eventually won, but it took a long while.

• Like 1

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

Kai's clones were just ANNOYING... both for Kai-prime on the red side and the White Thorn version blue-side. 

The clone system doesn't know what to do with Stalkers, see, so if you're running it on a Stalker character your clones (either in Dean's missions or in Keith and Jenni's-) will spawn as Scrappers instead. 

Bio Armor Scraps are a total pain in the rump.

Knocking them down took for-freakin'-EVER. 🤣

Edited by Coyotedancer
  • Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

5 hours ago, ForeverLaxx said:

My toughest challenge for that badge was with my SoA because the clones get access to powers you couldn't even have yet. They were dropping Disruptorbot Spiders and spamming Surveillance debuffs the moment I came around the corner. He eventually won, but it took a long while.

I think I saw my VEAT clone from Posi 1 summon spiders... very surprising.

The Clones/Dopples cheat, heh.  The nature of the way they're built means that they can (and likely do) have Powers which you simply don't have access to in the pre-30 level ranges.  Part of what makes them so annoyingly challenging.  The derpy AI is what keeps things reasonable, though.

The fight vs Protean was not the most fun to solo on a Mind/Kin.

Exemplar'd too low for Fulcrum Shift. Relatively lower damage. 

Used a GIANT pile of purples and reds, and still goofed up once, spending just a touch too long in the animaton for Siphon Speed and got caught in his Power Siphon.

At which point he prompted healed up from like 33% health to 100% and all my prior inspirations were just WASTED.

It happened again, on the next go-round.

I invented some new words that day. Or at least new combinations of existing words.

Got him on the 3rd mission restart though, being a LOT more judicious about what to cast when.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, MTeague said:

At which point he prompted healed up from like 33% health to 100% and all my prior inspirations were just WASTED.

It happened again, on the next go-round.

For future reference, the trick is to pull him to the elevators.  Click the door to activate the elevator the moment the warning comes up, and it will override any animations or timing or anything else and just immediately put you in the new spot, as far as the game is concerned, causing his siphon to miss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

For future reference, the trick is to pull him to the elevators.  Click the door to activate the elevator the moment the warning comes up, and it will override any animations or timing or anything else and just immediately put you in the new spot, as far as the game is concerned, causing his siphon to miss.

That sort of feels a little too cheesy to use... but on the other hand.... when mobs plainly don't fight fair, I can rationize a certain amount of "Fine!  Neither will I!"

Though usually that's when I whip out a Pocket Shivan.  

The problem with Protean is the Shivan will stay in melee vs him. Soooo.... maybe elevators, if I ever do that arc again.  

We'll see.  I'd probably do at least 2-3 tries without though.  Still. It's good tactical advice, if I can bring myself to accept it.  Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

That sort of feels a little too cheesy to use... but on the other hand.... when mobs plainly don't fight fair, I can rationize a certain amount of "Fine!  Neither will I!"

Yeah, I hear ya.  Normally I try to be a little more sporting too.  Protean I feel not-so-guilty about cheating on because by the time you're warned he's basically already hitting you, and I play a lot of melee characters. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later
On 7/30/2020 at 4:37 AM, TraumaTrain said:

Fighting eight of yourself at once is a special challenge for sure.

I also really enjoy the "RUN!" part at the end of Leonard's penultimate mission. It gives you three minutes to find your way back to the mission entrance while the base is on fire and exploding. Along the way you have an opportunity to stop and help a dying clone.

Whether you make it or not, you (everybody on the team) gets the Explosive Finale badge. Back on live, if you didn't make it, you would be ejected from the mission dead. Now it just kicks you out not dead.

I can usually make it out with a minute or more still on the clock, even stopping to save my clone's life. If you can keep up with me, you make it out too. But if you get stuck in the twists and turns of the base...

And as a fun extra, Recall Friend and the various team teleports are disabled in the mission. I have left a person at the entrance ready to TP everyone to safety only to discover the teleports fail!

If you're on Indom and you want company on these arcs, I love them. Holler.

Is this arc not red side? on the Badger list it designates it Villian Accomplishment for compeleting Leonard's arc.  trying to find it in Ouro.