What is costume option for a one-color character?

cohRock

Darn it!  I know I've seen an option, thought it was a Costume Set, that made your character appear in a single-color silhouette, almost a bright, saturated, standing shadow.  Now I cannot find it when wanting to create a character with that look.  How do I access it?

I love the flexibility of our costume creator.  Conversely, though, the sheer number of options makes one feel like they are drowning at times.

-- Rock

2 hours ago, Dragotect said:

Spectrum costume parts.

Thank you, Dragotect.  I found Spectrum for all the main body except Boots.  So he's going to do what any Other Dimensioanal Entity would do, and wear cowboy boots.

• Haha 3

-- Rock

3 hours ago, cohRock said:

Darn it!  I know I've seen an option, thought it was a Costume Set, that made your character appear in a single-color silhouette, almost a bright, saturated, standing shadow.

You can also make the character look like a blank - total darkness.  I have a rad/rad tank named Vic Void whose head and arms are exposed and are just black voids.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

7 minutes ago, cohRock said:

Thank you, Dragotect.  I found Spectrum for all the main body except Boots.  So he's going to do what any Other Dimensioanal Entity would do, and wear cowboy boots.

Spectrum for the boots is at the very bottom of the texture lists for the basic, stiletto, flat, folded, etc. boots rather than a separate boot type.

@Chris24601 thank you for info.  I already created him, but I'll make the change to his costume at level 10.

@Hardship Yes, the head was no problem with spectrum.  It is not a mask, but the normal head with a spectrum texture I believe.  I do remember that I could use Hooded and spectrum, so it seemed pretty flexible.

• Thanks 1

-- Rock

10 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

If you make the change to the costume before level 10, it'll be free anyway, I think.

Right.  Using the trainer in your starter zone to change your costume before level 10 is free.  Ms. Liberty is happy to help you perfect your look as you begin your heroic career!

Keep Redside - & Goldside - Alive!

18 hours ago, Hardship said:

Is there a way to get spectrum for the head as well? I (thought) that I checked the full masks thoroughly but was never able to find it there. 

It's doable.  Full Masks, under Face.

I have it on my Controller for when he wants to go Full Metal Vorlon / ArchAngel Tyreal 

image.png.3fbfe504070c8dfc14dea18456d1c188.png

• Like 1

On 8/10/2020 at 2:21 PM, Mister Mass said:

Right.  Using the trainer in your starter zone to change your costume before level 10 is free. 

Altering your costume (or your body) at any tailor or tailor-enabled trainer before level 10 is free. You can head over to the Icon across the street from the hospital on the north side of Atlas Park and avoid the crowds and lag.

1 minute ago, srmalloy said:

Altering your costume (or your body) at any tailor or tailor-enabled trainer before level 10 is free. You can head over to the Icon across the street from the hospital on the north side of Atlas Park and avoid the crowds and lag.

Or a base. A lot of the public transport bases, as well as others opened to the public, have trainers, tailors and the like in them.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.