Port Sent SR to melee please

12 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

That's..... debatable

That list included: Rad, Bio, Elec, and Energy Aura which are all seen as top-tier armor sets.

They may well be however that does not mean SR is sub-par by any stretch.  From my experience, I see more people playing SR than I do any of those. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

No only Sentinels get Enduring currently. Also tanker version of the passives is bugged, and is the same value as the other ATs, when it should be up to 26.7% resist at at 1% hp, not 20%.

Going purely off memory, I think that was intentional when SR was ported to tanks. But I don't disagree. Thing is, as it stands now, SR on a tank is already pretty damned ludicrously hard to kill.

As much as I would LOVE to see the Sent SR changes rolled over to the melee ATs, the tanks would, once again, come out WAY on top. An absorb click on top of a massive pool of HP that already feeds the passive scaling resists on top of a damres granting AT IO and another scaling resist IO, all sitting with a build that takes such little work to hit the incarnate softcap?

Sure. Gimme. I don't mind being even MORE unkillable.

• Like 1

I personally have no issue with PB but clearly MB is preferred by a significant (or vocal) portion of players.  I've also never found Evasion coming late to be an issue, but again would have no issue moving it around. Quickness I think if moved later I'd miss ... but they've tweaked, in particular, how Earth Thorn caster QS works (iirc) and Quickness meant far less pain moving around such mobs.  And like many 'problems' IOs could largely make the slow resistance (or rather lack of) a non-problem.

But I'm with Bill, by all means make my scrapper more indestructible if you must.

Edited by Doomguide2005

23 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

WP, Regen, Rad, Bio, Ice, Fire, Elec, Energy Aura, and Ninjitsu all have some form of End mitigation tools.

Dark, Invuln, Shield, SR, and Stone are the only armors that lack End tools. From that perspective, they are actually kind of outliers.

One could counter that by pointing out sets like electric melee and other offense sets with some form of sustain in their attacks get a chance to really shine in their ways by being paired with sets that lack sustain. After all its not uncommon to see people entirely ignore the end recovery advantage of electric attacks entirely because the meta tends to revolve around the sets with strong self sustain.

Im not saying we dont need to rethink many of the sets though, the fact is atm many blaster 2ndary are giving better sustain then some defense sets do. Because unless we are going to talk mass blaster nerfing to turn them back into tissue cannons, we need to look at what they have as a baseline for sustain for dps classes and lift the others who take higher risk by being in melee range up, not at the peak by any means, but make it easier for them to reach that peak.

For example with SR, would it really of all the defense sets really be broken if it was given back perma elude and its crash was made more like the crash of the PBs tier 9? IMO that and a passive scaling regen effect that would be further enhanced by taking each of their powers would better fit the concept of the super speed defense set.

As a very long time SR player, I can see why people would like to see a non clicky version of PB. I think I prefer the clicky version personally. However since you can have the clicky OR the master, I can deal with that. What I could not deal with is losing the auto AoE Defense. That's just a no go for me. It's bad enough that we get weak numbers for those autos already, a +Resist that we cannot enhance nor stack, and Defense Debuff Resistance which should be a built in already!

Personally I would love to see those autos increase in defense power (current 5.63% to a 7% which is the Sent's #) and the resistances changed out for absorb. Which makes so much more logical in a sense as many IO sets already provide resistances and much of the resist armor is lost very quickly. For example using tough and sets, I am at 55% resist BEFORE taking a single point of damage. Yet these resists don't kick in until half life. So at half life I get 20% resist with three powers giving me 20% each that I lose 40% of. Not the greatest plan.

So Yeah, losing AoE defense for Enduring which give Psi defense is a huge pass. Even with the recovery. If you want to keep it as AoE defense or, even better, combine 2 of the AoE (Like one gives Melee and Ranged def at 7% or it gives gives Ranged and AoE Def at 7%) Then feel free and cram Enduring in.

6 minutes ago, TK3477 said:

As a very long time SR player, I can see why people would like to see a non clicky version of PB. I think I prefer the clicky version personally. However since you can have the clicky OR the master, I can deal with that. What I could not deal with is losing the auto AoE Defense. That's just a no go for me. It's bad enough that we get weak numbers for those autos already, a +Resist that we cannot enhance nor stack, and Defense Debuff Resistance which should be a built in already!

Personally I would love to see those autos increase in defense power (current 5.63% to a 7% which is the Sent's #) and the resistances changed out for absorb. Which makes so much more logical in a sense as many IO sets already provide resistances and much of the resist armor is lost very quickly. For example using tough and sets, I am at 55% resist BEFORE taking a single point of damage. Yet these resists don't kick in until half life. So at half life I get 20% resist with three powers giving me 20% each that I lose 40% of. Not the greatest plan.

So Yeah, losing AoE defense for Enduring which give Psi defense is a huge pass. Even with the recovery. If you want to keep it as AoE defense or, even better, combine 2 of the AoE (Like one gives Melee and Ranged def at 7% or it gives gives Ranged and AoE Def at 7%) Then feel free and cram Enduring in.

You don't lose the aoe defense, the pitiful amount you get from lucky is ADDED to evasion. Having the absorb from MB more than makes up for the tiny aoe defense loss and extra recovery of enduring till you get evasion. Keep in mind that you don't seem to get, that enduring HAS the DDR and scaling resist in it, meaning you get the 3 autos by 20, instead of 28 too. And those scaling resistances are good, and fun, i just wish they started at 100% hp and scaled from there, and be enhanceable too would be nice.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bentley Berkeley said:

<snip>

For example with SR, would it really of all the defense sets really be broken if it was given back perma elude and its crash was made more like the crash of the PBs tier 9? IMO that and a passive scaling regen effect that would be further enhanced by taking each of their powers would better fit the concept of the super speed defense set.

You want to stack scaling regen and the ability to make Elude perma plus adding +recovery (elsewhere or more in Elude?) and you're wondering if that would make /SR overpowered?  I have to be missing (or misunderstanding) something.

Edit: That seems either highly redundant (I can already attack non-stop without using CP, have 2100+ health without several new IOs incorporated and a Regen pre Incarnate over 30/sec.  Or utterly build revamping/OP on my scrapper.

Edited by Doomguide2005

On 9/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, Doomguide2005 said:

You want to stack scaling regen and the ability to make Elude perma plus adding +recovery (elsewhere or more in Elude?) and you're wondering if that would make /SR overpowered?  I have to be missing (or misunderstanding) something.

Edit: That seems either highly redundant (I can already attack non-stop without using CP, have 2100+ health without several new IOs incorporated and a Regen pre Incarnate over 30/sec.  Or utterly build revamping/OP on my scrapper.

I'm not sure what they were saying either. I don't care about the scaling regen, just want the sent version ported over with MB and enduring.

On 8/29/2020 at 11:13 AM, MTeague said:

I actually like Clicky mez protection.  Among other things, it can STACK with itself, offering far superior magnitude of protection.

But I do get that for others, fire-and-forget while leaving your autofire free for something else is very appealing.

This, I prefer the click mez. It's tough at first, but once it's slotted it stacks which gives you an extra layer of protection. I think it's fine as is and wouldn't be very happy if it was yet another toggle to deal with. I put it on auto and forget about it.

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

This, I prefer the click mez. It's tough at first, but once it's slotted it stacks which gives you an extra layer of protection. I think it's fine as is and wouldn't be very happy if it was yet another toggle to deal with. I put it on auto and forget about it.

I do understand the appeal of a toggle, especially paired in a set with Enduring to pay for it.  The advantage of a toggle early (constant mez protection) was largely mitigated by enabling PB to be clicked while mezzed to my mind, however.  Stacking PB is marginally useful.  About the only place I'd regularly find I need it is vs Rommy's rez which is mag 20 iirc.  I rarely look to stack it otherwise and even there I usually break LOS.  But if it were to change I'd be fine.  Similarly Enduring is far more about early levels and pre-endgame/IO builds I don't feel any need at that point.

4 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I do understand the appeal of a toggle, especially paired in a set with Enduring to pay for it.  The advantage of a toggle early (constant mez protection) was largely mitigated by enabling PB to be clicked while mezzed to my mind, however.  Stacking PB is marginally useful.  About the only place I'd regularly find I need it is vs Rommy's rez which is mag 20 iirc.  I rarely look to stack it otherwise and even there I usually break LOS.  But if it were to change I'd be fine.  Similarly Enduring is far more about early levels and pre-endgame/IO builds I don't feel any need at that point.

Back in my days of PvP, it came in handy vs those pesky Mind Doms. They had to try much harder to land a hold on me due to the extra layer of Mez Protection.