Just finished Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (probable spoilers ahead)

Just finished Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and I'm already having withdrawals.  I've begun re-watch all 7 seasons and it's proving very re-watchable. There's so many nuanced foreshadowings and subtle references that are now better understood.    I also love how they chose to create a solid ending for another Marvel TV series as well.  Those who've seen season 7 know to what I'm referring.  I'm really grateful they were given the green light for the last two seasons and didn't end with season 5, as had been anticipated.

My wife and I finished it last week and are also having withdrawals. I have already suggested a re-watch, and I imagine I would get a lot out of that since I am familiar with the characters now and don't have to wait so long between seasons. The ending was great. It will always hold a place among my favorite shows.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 9/24/2020 at 11:51 AM, BafflingBeerman said:

Can we get Agents of Deke? Can we revisit that timeline where Director Shaw begins the Avengers Initiative?

Considering the timeline Director Shaw is in, that would be crazy fun.  Wait, does this mean he gets to recruit and train that timeline's Nick Fury?  The result would be bizarre.

• 4 months later

I tried getting into AoS.  I read Nick Fury Agents of Shield when I was younger.  Sadly, the show is nothing like that.

I was expecting competent agents facing Hydra and having fun spy and action adventures.  The first season was fun but they were incompetent.

The reveal was great.  And the show worked for a couple of episodes with that, but then it just felt like endless repetition of the same grind.  The traitor storyline would not end.  The show was not about Shield vs Hydra but just internal politics within government agencies.

The worst thing about the MCU is the need to have the superheroes fight each other in almost every movie.  I hated Civil War.  I want superheroes fighting supervillains.  I want Shield vs Hydra, not Shield vs Shield and other government agencies.

I tried picking it up with Ghost Rider, but the main plot was the same - them hunting each other.  Quake is hunted by Shield.  No one in Shield trusts each other.

I get that some people liked it, but it just felt like the X-Files with a different name.  The same endless government infighting, plots that go nowhere, and people in black uniforms walking around in shadows.