Give Sprint a Minimal FX Option

Starforge

4 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I'm sorry, but when I read the title of this thread I truly laughed out loud, thinking somebody's got jokes. But then I read it and I'm like, "This guy isn't joking!" Hahaha!

No, that'd be "give Brawl a minFX option."  Or "MinFX for Stamina, please."

(And I'm fine with the idea.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

A minimal effects Brawl would be nice too.  The flash of light is a bit much sometimes.

And, on the flip-side, a flashier Brawl for the people who want that too.

But, yeah.  The length of time is has taken for the Prestige Sprints to get wrapped up in to regular Sprint and/or a Minimal FX Sprint is kind of baffling.  Is there maybe a technical reason limiting it, or did the Legacy Devs just not prioritize it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greycat said:

No, that'd be "give Brawl a minFX option."  Or "MinFX for Stamina, please."

(And I'm fine with the idea.)

Oh I am not against the idea, I just couldn't help but laugh at myself by my own surprise that the request was actually real. I literally had to stop and ask myself, "Does sprint even have an effects?" Before this thread was made, I was completely oblivious to the effects on sprint, heh. If the OP is actually being serious and not trolling us, then it's fine by me, won't get any arguments here.

2 minutes ago, Starforge said:

Not really sure why you’d think I was trolling but again, thanks for the helpful feedback.

Don't take it personal. I see people troll with all sorts of things on these boards. Sprint being requested as a minimal effects option is something that a troll would actually request. It wouldn't be unheard of.

3 minutes ago, Starforge said:

Or someone that is tired of seeing a giant dust cloud behind their character. To each their own I guess.

I'm not saying that in a "to each their own" way, I'm all for your request, man. I hope they add the option.

1 minute ago, FoulVileTerror said:

I suspect there might be fewer trolls than you might think you've seen.  While there are definitely people who lean on sarcasm way too much and muddy the waters, I find it more productive to assume that people are being genuine and honest.

Right you are...right you are.  🙂

• Thanks 1

The immediate problem I'm aware of with folding in all the Prestige Sprints is that, apparently, there are players out there who use them to mule different Enhancements.

I don't know if anyone uses -all six- Enhanceable Sprints for that purpose, but taking away options is generally a non-starter.

But having each of them with a variety of customization options is a wonderful ideal, I think.

3 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

I suspect there might be fewer trolls than you might think you've seen.  While there are definitely people who lean on sarcasm way too much and muddy the waters, I find it more productive to assume that people are being genuine and honest.

Well, I say trolling, but more like people being jokingly funny. I mean, I have seen plenty of threads where people are purposely trying to be funny. Nerf Regen anyone? We see plenty of similar threads like that. I simply thought this was going to be another "Nerf Regen" type of thread. That's why I am trying to get Starforge to understand that I am not coming at him in a mean way...although he seems to have taken me that way. I mean, after all, he gets bonus points from me just for his name. Anything cosmic related wins a spot in my heart.  😉

They’d fall under the Inherent tab right if you were able to customize them in the editor?

I imagine a Min FX wouldn’t be the most difficult thing to add to any of them but then again, I don’t know much about what changing that kind of coding would entail.

4 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

The immediate problem I'm aware of with folding in all the Prestige Sprints is that, apparently, there are players out there who use them to mule different Enhancements.

I don't know if anyone uses -all six- Enhanceable Sprints for that purpose, but taking away options is generally a non-starter.

But having each of them with a variety of customization options is a wonderful ideal, I think.

The only mule it can really take is the Stealth IO...almost certain of that. There is no reason why it couldn't be wrapped in to one power and given different options to SFX styles. It would work just fine as long as the regular sprint remained a stand-alone...and of course with all due respect to @Starforge, make the dust cloud optional with that as well.

Edit: The reason I feel the original Sprint would need to remain a Standalone power, is because I am one of those people who mule Sprint for my Stealth IO, while using one of the other Sprints for my regular Run Speed IO.

Edited by Solarverse

33 minutes ago, Starforge said:

Anyway, to get thing back on track, I do like the idea of folding in the prestige sprints and have one Sprint where you have all the different effect options.

That... I'd say would be a harder sell. Some people use the different sprints for different effects, for instance, or have the Stealth IO in one and not the other (for things like leading hostages out.) Not sure if anyone actually mules them all or anything, but yeah.. .the prestige sprints are slottable powers, not just effects, so there's a little more to consider there.

Edit: As solar mentioned already, apparently 😄

Edited by Greycat
  • Haha 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

7 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Oh I am not against the idea, I just couldn't help but laugh at myself by my own surprise that the request was actually real. I literally had to stop and ask myself, "Does sprint even have an effects?" Before this thread was made, I was completely oblivious to the effects on sprint, heh. If the OP is actually being serious and not trolling us, then it's fine by me, won't get any arguments here.

Maybe how obvious it is depends on your specific graphics settings?  I've definitely noticed it.

Mind you, like a lot of the power FX in the game, looked at in isolation it's fine, but as you layer on more and more effects the combination of even quite subtle effects starts to get overwhelming.  It's great that things like the glowing hands for Hasten can now be turned off, and I'm always in favour of allowing that option for more powers.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!