Incoming Trick Arrow buffs - This is not a drill!

Vanden

Made some changes to that TA/AR build.

Got rid of all the proc bombs and just went with full sets of Sting of the Manticore, Bombardment, Annihilation, Positron's Blast.  Ice Arrow I have a Basilisk's set in there right now but may eventually work towards Superior Entomb - not sure.  Went with Combat Jumping and Super Jump instead of Stealth and Invisibility.  Also changed the Synapse Shock to Power Transfer proc and end mod as I don't need to be able to run around and can SJ now.  Instead of the Shield Wall proc I put the LOTG in there from Invisibility, so I did lose 5% resist with that.

I took one slot out of M30 Grenade (the 4 attribute one) and put it in PGA, and put two purple pieces in PGA (Fortunata Hypnosis.)

I may want to grab some unslotters and move the Superior Defender's Bastion to an attack as getting the AOE heal to activate a bit faster would be nice - Oil Slick takes a bit to recharge and I don't use it constantly. 

Otherwise it's the same.  I was already working on this character so I had a tier 3 Cardiac to use at the moment - may just keep it as I am currently having zero end problems.  I have Spectral interface and I think I will go with Drones for lore.

• Like 1

image.png.440bd3ba66421192ca1fb954c5d313c2.pngspacer.pngFlint Eastwood

I leveled up a TA/Archery to 34 this weekend. I find it to be very busy. Maybe too busy for my taste. I might try this as a Beast or Ninja MM instead. Let the pets do their thing while I debuff. Sadly the numbers won't compare to Defender numbers. 

My old Illusion/TA on Live was also pretty similar to MM I think, as PA covers the busy work of interactive with the mobs woke you debuff and control as needed. 

Do others find TA combos this busy? Could just be me... Maybe I need to keep at it and find my rythym? 

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

1 hour ago, Force Redux said:

I leveled up a TA/Archery to 34 this weekend. I find it to be very busy. Maybe too busy for my taste. I might try this as a Beast or Ninja MM instead. Let the pets do their thing while I debuff. Sadly the numbers won't compare to Defender numbers. 

My old Illusion/TA on Live was also pretty similar to MM I think, as PA covers the busy work of interactive with the mobs woke you debuff and control as needed. 

Do others find TA combos this busy? Could just be me... Maybe I need to keep at it and find my rythym? 

TA is a bit busy, less so with binds. For me, no where as busy as kinetics.

Archery has a lot of quick recharging powers with quick cast times. Dual pistols is a bit slower with some powers having long cast times.

Ice is another slower set, with two big aoes that work well with binds.

I made a TA/Ninja on the beta server. Apparently, this is one worst MM combos, but it worked well for this newbie MM. Able to solo some 4x8 without heavy pet loss.

I would think TA MM would be even busier than Defenders, because you have to keep your pets focused and not chasing mobs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

would think TA MM would be even busier than Defenders, because you have to keep your pets focused and not chasing mobs

I guess a "kill my target" bind would help. Start laying down arrows in bg mode (maybe with one or two set to attack), then start ordering your team to execute people while you keep throwing out arrows.

I'm actually kind of curious about a Thugs/Trick Arrow. Problem is MMs just aren't very end game friendly. 

As for defenders I guess it's an animation problem. What won't eat up my time so I can also get my arrows out. Fire and Ice would seem to be the best answers. Fire will light Oil Slicks but Ice also has nice quick animations and let's you layer controls, slow and -recharge. 

Edited by Carnifax

Been leveling a TA/Fire defender. Couldn't be happier with the changes. I loved TA thematically and played it thoroughly on live, but it was always missing a bit of oomph. Now it has the oomph it needs. Everything I have at hand feels impactful, and I don't need to go ham on slotting to be effective with TA.

The sole complaint I may have would be teams that drag everything all over creation and pull them out of patches, but TA isn't the only set annoyed at that.

2 hours ago, KaizenSoze said:

I would think TA MM would be even busier than Defenders, because you have to keep your pets focused and not chasing mobs.

Not really. GoTo tethers pets to an area they won't leave from. Just don't tell them to attack specific targets. I leave mine in Aggressive. Works well for 90% of content.

That HC AI fix is awesome sauce!!  🙂🙂

Edited by Force Redux

On 10/27/2020 at 9:46 AM, KaizenSoze said:

Yes, but OMG, Flash Arrow is the bomb now. It has 32% -toHit.

I can stand in the middle of 4x8 council and take the alpha while layer on the debuffs.

This is with max defense of 23%. The only downside is that all the powers are useful. Builds will be tight.

I have been running an TA/elec on beta server.

I can easily solo 4x8 council, 2x8 anything but maybe carnies, 3x8 CoTs. Arachnos at 3-4x8 are coin flip, depends a lot on the mob variety.

That brings up the question, what can people solo with TA now?

Flash arrow does 32% to hit. On what AT. I am playing a archer/TA corruptor and it only shows 7.50%

It will show you 7.5% twice. Unlike how a lot of other info windows might provide misleading or contextless information (e.g. scourge damage) both to-hit debuffs are applied by flash arrow.

For a defender, this is 9.38% twice, or 18.76%. With 56% enhancement, easy enough to do, that comes out to 29% tohit debuff. To get 32% will require some alpha incarnates, unless there is a Hami-o trick for it that was never fixed.

The reason it's split in two is so that half of the effects are irresistible. Certain enemies, like GMs and AVs, are notorious for resisting debuffs, and the original flash arrow had such a tohit debuff, albeit smaller than it is now.

Edited by iocane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did some playing on another character and ended up running a bunch of missions where our sole defender (or for that matter, our only support at ALL) was TA/. I could definitely feel his impact every time he was (or wasn't) present for a fight. Was nice to see it from the other side, confirmed to me that my TA/ defender's contribution wasn't just placebo or self-bias.

• Like 1

Back to the topic of being a busy set. In strong groups you won't be able to use all debuffs every fight. It's a pretty common complaint with most ATs at high levels.

If the group is rolling long and you're not feeling aggressive, then flash arrow and disruption arrow are just fine for most groups, then use your secondary.

At high level, I usually break off from the current fight after entangling and icing on the last boss or two. Then I move to the next spawn, pick a good central mob and flash and wait for a teammate to charge in.

At lower levels or some high level TFs, 4x8 ITFs for instance, fights usually go on a bit. So, you have plenty of time to fire all your debuffs.

Side note, Imperious Task Forces, are the reason I insist on having soft capped defense in either s/l or ranged.  There are enough patrols and pop up ambushes that you will not have time to flash everything. Or they are spread out too much to get all of them in one flash arrow. I had one crystal ambush pop right on top of me. I only survived because of soft capped s/l. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TrashBasher said:

I have a question about resistance Debuffs.  Do they stack?

If I went TA-Sonic, does the Sonic Debuff stack with the TA Debuffs?  (I assume so)

Does the Entangling Debuff stack with the Disruption Arrow?  (I assume no)

debuffs from separate sources should stack,  debuff from the same sources may or may not stack depending on the power.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Force Redux said:

debuffs from separate sources should stack,  debuff from the same sources may or may not stack depending on the power.

What qualifies as a source?  From what I know, Sonic T1 and T2 are both 20%, but they do not stack.  If the player is a source then Sonic Attack and a TA Resistance debuff do not stack, removing the use of Sonic, which is only made ok with the Resistance debuff.

4 hours ago, TrashBasher said:

What qualifies as a source?  From what I know, Sonic T1 and T2 are both 20%, but they do not stack.  If the player is a source then Sonic Attack and a TA Resistance debuff do not stack, removing the use of Sonic, which is only made ok with the Resistance debuff.

Sonic T1 and T2 stack with each other and even themselves.  But the debuff duration on them is brief so you can only stack them however many times fit into that time window.

Edited by josh1622

4 hours ago, TrashBasher said:

What qualifies as a source?

Character and power, collectively.  Generally speaking, you can't stack -Res from the same power on your own.  You can stack your -Res from that power with someone else's -Res from the same power (Bob's Shriek and Kate's Shriek).  You can stack -Res from different powers on your character (Bob's Shriek, Bob's Shout, Bob's Disruption Arrow).  If you try to stack your own -Res from the same power (Bob's Disruption Arrow x2), it overwrites, rather than stacking.

Edited by Luminara
  • Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

I've been running around all weekend with the proc'd out TA/A defender (Rainbowman) I posted in the other thread.   At a high level, yes it is busy -- most fights on teams are spent putting out debuffs and finally switching to damage ... the good news about having proc'd stuff out is that Acid Arrow becomes a decent AOE damage power too, and Explosive Arrow gives some AOE control.   Still, I find most stuff dying before I get to start using Rain of Arrows unless I selectively trade off between debuffs (glue arrow, I'm looking at you).  Most fights are flash arrow, disruption arrow, acid arrow, explosive arrow, and then maybe I start blasting survivors.  Other times I open with Oil Slick Arrow and the rest.  It's a defender so damage isn't the greatest, but procs help.  I don't think teams realize the massive debuffage I'm doing.  I held the reactor door during Penny Yin TF basically by myself.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Spectre7878 said:

The only thing I don’t like about trick arrow is all the ranged location powers. Why can’t they just be targeted aoe’s 

Whispers into Spectre's ear... Use the binds... the binds...

Look at the TA build thread I post all the binds I use.

58 minutes ago, Spectre7878 said:

The only thing I don’t like about trick arrow is all the ranged location powers. Why can’t they just be targeted aoe’s 

Foe-targeted powers which spawn a pseudo-pet have a mechanical issue.  Specifically, they stack effects unintentionally, and there are currently no ways to prevent or limit the stacking.  So a couple of TA's powers had to be changed to either location-targeted AoEs created by pseudo-pets (invisible, normally untargetable entities which exist for the sole purpose of creating an effect in an area), or exclusively foe-targeted with no pseudo-pet.  The latter was tried and proved to be less preferable for players, as it failed to create a persistent AoE into which enemies could run or be pulled.  So they were changed to location-targeted to make them work, both the way they should and the way players expected them to.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

On 11/27/2020 at 10:38 AM, Golden Azrael said:

+3 x 8.  Most things.  Mobs take a beating.  Real quick.

TA/Arrows before and after the patch.

Very good before.

Excellent now.

Under rated before.  I should imagine it will be very popular now.

Plays beautifully.

Azrael.

Perfectly stated. I had just gotten mine to 50 right before the issue went live and the difference is not night and day but feels like it's been injected with a nitro booster. So strong now. Enjoying it just that much more. 

-Chet

• Like 1