Zone Travel Updates in Issue 27

Jimmy

• City Council
3 minutes ago, spiritbrand said:

What do I have to discover in Kallisti Wharf to unlock it on my teleporter?

There’s a new exploration badge in Kallisti, “On the shoulders of Giants”, which unlocks the zone in LRT. I’m sure you can guess where it is 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

1 minute ago, Taboo said:

Does the level 53 Hami exploit count as something that needs to be rolled back? New change costing some folks a lot of $$. Billions.

If you're referring to folks who placed their excess in-game currency on the market place via higher than Level 50 HOs assuming that those orders wouldn't be filled, then I would disagree with your opinion.

Other players noted ahead of time the pending outcome of such changes. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

33 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

You and your SG members feedback could've been provided on Discord or via actually beta testing over the past four weeks. It wasn't just on the forums, a notification window in-game /gmotd tells you these changes were being implemented and sought feedback.

Feedback that went against the grain didn't seem to matter at least to me.  their ideas were set in stone and there wasn't much discussion other than "like it or leave it", so don't really see how having more people provide feedback would have mattered.  what should have been a simple copy/paste of the Oro portal functionality to make a new base portal was turned into a jumbled mess IMO of a bunch of different stuff we really didn't need to add "time/inf sinks".  there was a simple direction to go with this and it seems like they are dead set about overcomplicating it.  I really appreciate the effort and work that went into what they put together as I'm sure it's a lot of work so thanks for that, just kinda a "thanks but it's not what I wanted or needed" kind of thing.  maybe next time they'll engage the players in the design process first.

16 minutes ago, damienray said:

Now we HAVE to badge hunt, no longer an option, if we want to travel. Bleh! Badges used to be fun/optional... now they're a chore.

agreed and not to mention the inf cost across lots of alts to get the P2W power.  this made bases a lot more expensive than it needed to be IMO

1 hour ago, Apparition said:

Thank you for these wonderful changes.  Now that the base macro has been largely removed from the game, I look forward to joining PUG teams again.

PUGs are still going to want you to have LRT or whichever of the new fast travel things, so nothings changed. 

Edited by ZacKing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

That’s almost exactly how base portals now work. They are located in central, convenient locations in virtually every zone, with consistent entry / exit at the same location.

So why not just give everyone the ability to plop a base portal down wherever they are, whenever they need it, if the idea was to make traveling between zones more convenient?   I understand that having people able to instantly zone even when in combat is a problem, but you could have the zone power not work when they are flagged as being in combat or in PVP or whatever, eh?   

I  wasn't concerned with these changes and didn't really investigate the details, because I saw that you were all saying you were going to provide a "replacement" that was just as good.  You have not done that, which is why I'm giving you feedback now.  I didn't realize the replacements were going to have a 30 minute cooldown (or whatever it is, its long) and cost 10 million influence. 

Make it a 5 second cooldown and free, and you've kept it pretty much just as convenient.  On top of that, leave in all the other teleportation changes you've made, with the new base portals and their locations, the long range accolades, etc etc, and you've actually improved the experience. 

Easy fixes.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, ZacKing said:

Feedback that went against the grain didn't seem to matter at least to me.  their ideas were set in stone and there wasn't much discussion other than "like it or leave it", so don't really see how having more people provide feedback would have mattered.  what should have been a simple copy/paste of the Oro portal functionality to make a new base portal was turned into a jumbled mess IMO of a bunch of different stuff we really didn't need to add "time/inf sinks".  there was a simple direction to go with this and it seems like they are dead set about overcomplicating it.  I really appreciate the effort and work that went into what they put together as I'm sure it's a lot of work so thanks for that, just kinda a "thanks but it's not what I wanted or needed" kind of thing.  maybe next time they'll engage the players in the design process first.

agreed and not to mention the inf cost across lots of alts to get the P2W power.  this made bases a lot more expensive than it needed to be IMO

PUGs are still going to want you to have LRT or whichever of the new fast travel things, so nothings changed. 

I'm looking at three entirely different builds for these changes in the beta forum that addressed many players feedback. I would have to disagree with this opinion. 

• Like 4

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

4 minutes ago, Taboo said:

Yesterday travel was instant and as often as we wanted. Today one use and wait ten minutes.

On the other hand, for those of us who never used the base macro because we knew that it was an exploit, travel went from a half hour to ten minutes.  Solid upgrade.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I'm looking at three entirely different builds for these changes in the beta forum that addressed many players feedback. I would have to disagree with this opinion. 

You're welcome to disagree and I never said they didn't listen to any feedback at all so you're misreading.  people provided suggestions a single replacement, not 4 or more and none of that got implemented.  again not saying I don't appreciate the work that went into it.  just think it's overcomplicated, burdensome and expensive now for something that didn't need to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI - Couple Tips/Tricks from Beta Testing to Help with Transition to New Base Portal/Teleport Powers.

Basics for getting LRTP locations on a new toon:

Advanced Custom Keybinds and Fast Travel Menu to Help Avoid Unnecessary Cooldowns & Charge Usage on the New Base Portal/Teleport Powers:

• Like 3

As previously expressed in Beta.

As a villain player. Having Pocket D buried in the Long Range Teleporter (LTR) is not very redside friendly.

Can't got to Pocket D using the LRT to change alignment and then jump to the correct zone to join a Task Force (TF). That's not a QOL improvement.

This was a big benefit of the former exploit. It allowed quickly switching to join an advertised TF. Maybe this was not considered.

If it is intentional to keep players from doing this. please indicate as such.

• Like 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council

So, this is something that was discussed many times during the feedback thread, but I'll reiterate here: You don't need all of the travel options to get around quickly. You can run to base portals. You can use Ouro. You can use any of the many P2W powers. You can use the day job powers. You can use Long Range Teleporter. Or you can take the scenic route and use good old fashion trams and zone doors.

If you don't want to spend money? That's fine. Ouro and LRT are free. As are the day jobs, and simply running to a base portal.

Want to be super fast? Cool. There's a wide variety of powers available in P2W which are now all better than they were before i27. You'll actually be able to get around faster than you could before.

You can use one, two, or more of these options, to get around the game easily, but you seriously do not need all of them. Pick the options that work best for you, and don't worry about the rest.

Just because you don't like some of these options, we're not going to get rid of them, because other people do like them. That's like asking us to remove all but one enhancement set from each set category.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• City Council
3 minutes ago, Troo said:

As previously expressed in Beta.

As a villain player. Having Pocket D buried in the Long Range Teleporter (LTR) is not very redside friendly.

This was changed, Pocket D is now always the very first option in the list.

From Pocket D, you can then easily walk over to the base portal to get anywhere you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

This was changed, Pocket D is now always the very first option in the list.

From Pocket D, you can then easily walk over to the base portal to get anywhere you want.

My bad. By 'buried' I also meant it being in the LTR menu rather than stand alone.

I do see you are proposing folks use:

• LTR to get to Pocket D
  • Then  /enterbasefrompasscode at the Base Portal in Pocket D

We'll still be able to use any macro'd base codes as often as we like, but just need to be by the Base Portal? Just asking to be sure.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• City Council
1 minute ago, Troo said:

We'll still be able to use any macro'd base codes as often as we like, but just need to be by the Base Portal? Just asking to be sure.

Correct.

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Base Teleportation

• The internal command /enterbasefrompasscode has been fixed, and now requires that you be able to enter a base normally before using it (this was always the intended functionality of the command), which includes any of the following:
    • Being within 45 feet of a base portal (including base portals summoned by the new powers detailed below)
    • Being anywhere inside a Supergroup base
    • Using Long Range Teleporter, Base Transporter (P2W) or Monitor Duty Teleporter (Day Job)
      • The command remains available to use until you move 20 feet from the location you used the power, or until you activate another power

The command was merely an extension of the base selection window, and should never have worked without the window.

It now only works everywhere the window does, plus whilst you're already inside a supergroup base (going from base to base was a common thing for RPers).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Troo said:

My bad. By 'buried' I also meant it being in the LTR menu rather than stand alone.

I do see you are proposing folks use:

• LTR to get to Pocket D
  • Then  /enterbasefrompasscode at the Base Portal in Pocket D

Or click on the base portal and there should be an option in that menu I'd wager.

As far as putting the Ouro and Pocket D portals in a menu, thank god! I can finally get those things off my powers bars.  I'm assuming the Teleport to Base temp power from logging off in the base would end up here as well?

Edited by Flintlock Burnfur

48 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

Feedback that went against the grain didn't seem to matter at least to me.  their ideas were set in stone and there wasn't much discussion other than "like it or leave it", so don't really see how having more people provide feedback would have mattered.

They could have simply removed the command and left it at that, but instead they:

• Added a new day job power to summon an SG base portal wherever you wanted
  • Added a new P2W power to summon an SG base portal wherever you wanted
  • Overhauled the Long Range Teleport power and made it available to everyone
  • Reduced the recharge time on existing "base TP" powers
  • Removed the interrupt period on existing "base TP" powers in PvE zones
  • Added base portals to zones which previously lacked them
  • Added the fast travel popmenu
  • Changed base beacons to place you at the base portal instead of a random location in the zone
  • Combined TUNNEL portals across alignments
  • Combined free-fire zone helicopters

It's worth pointing out that feedback absolutely was listened to - it's why the "base TP" powers have a 10m recharge instead of 30m, it's why those powers lost their interrupt time, it's why LRT only requires one explore badge vice the accolade to unlock subsequent zones, it's why portal powers no longer disappear after zoning, and it's why some of the more inconveniently-located base portals were moved. I mean, sure, if your "feedback" was "revert these changes and let us use the command like we used to" you might feel as if your feedback was being ignored, because it should have been obvious from the beginning that was going to be a non-starter.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

5 minutes ago, Flintlock Burnfur said:

Or click on the base portal and there should be an option in that menu I'd wager.

As far as putting the Ouro and Pocket D portals in a menu, thank god! I can finally get those things off my powers bars.  I'm assuming the Teleport to Base temp power from logging off in the base would end up here as well?

You can also use the base passcode macros when the LRT destination list is up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, macskull said:

I mean, sure, if your "feedback" was "revert these changes and let us use the command like we used to" you might feel as if your feedback was being ignored, because it should have been obvious from the beginning that was going to be a non-starter.

please stop injecting stuff into my posts that isn't there.  I never said to keep the macro as is.  I get that some people really like these changes and that's great.  some people don't and the whole "fast travel menu" is a good indicator that there's too many options now.  sometimes less is more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZacKing said:

please stop injecting stuff into my posts that isn't there.  I never said to keep the macro as is.  I get that some people really like these changes and that's great.  some people don't and the whole "fast travel menu" is a good indicator that there's too many options now.  sometimes less is more.

Ironically, the fast travel menu was added as a way to address the "there are too many things now" feedback. Yet another example of feedback being listened to.

(For the record, I would prefer having the old system over the current one as well, but I've been playing around with the current one for a while now and once you get used to it it really isn't much different.)

Edited by macskull
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, macskull said:

Ironically, the fast travel menu was added as a way to address the "there are too many things now" feedback.

yes exactly.  there's too many things now. instead of a menu next time, maybe think of a simpler solution.  agree to disagree

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

yes exactly.  there's too many things now. instead of a menu next time, maybe think of a simpler solution.  agree to disagree

Sure, there could have been a "take you anywhere" power with a 1-minute recharge but that sort of defeats the purpose. I think the intention here was to require some amount of investment if you really wanted to essentially bypass most travel.

• Like 2