PSA: Pull your stash bids! (or, don't...)

EmperorSteele

So, first off, I'm sorry if I'm raining on anyone's parade here. Things are about to change, and while I had a deliciously EBIL idea, well, I'm more of a hero than a villain, and figured I should at least give folks a fair heads up.

In the Beta Patch notes, there was this little gem:

Secondly, combining enhancements is now a simpler process: Combining two enhancements will now simply increase the level of the enhancement, rather than creating a X+1 enhancement. This means you can now combine Hamidon, Titan and Hydra enhancements all the way up to level 53. (emphasis mine)

It's no secret (ok, maybe it's an Open Secret) that when people have too much inf, they "store" it by placing high bids on items that don't exist... like Level 53 Hami-Os. What this means is if someone has a 2 billion inf bid on a level 53 Hami-O, someone else can now fill that bid and get all their Inf!

This change is currently in Beta, and hasn't hit Live yet, but for the few of you who peruse these forums, I'm giving a fair warning: When this goes Live, I'm combining some Hami-Os and trying my luck! I'm sure others had the same idea, though (again, sorry for ruining it for ya!). I'm banking on the fact that only a small portion of players use the forums, and while I'm sure there aren't a huge number of multi-billionaires who aren't here, I figure there's got to be a few, and they're about to lose out. Nothing I can do about that!

So yeah, if this is how you store your inf, maybe move it to global e-mail in the coming weeks before this goes Live!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

So, first off, I'm sorry if I'm raining on anyone's parade here. Things are about to change, and while I had a deliciously EBIL idea, well, I'm more of a hero than a villain, and figured I should at least give folks a fair heads up.

Secondly, combining enhancements is now a simpler process: Combining two enhancements will now simply increase the level of the enhancement, rather than creating a X+1 enhancement. This means you can now combine Hamidon, Titan and Hydra enhancements all the way up to level 53. (emphasis mine)

It's no secret (ok, maybe it's an Open Secret) that when people have too much inf, they "store" it by placing high bids on items that don't exist... like Level 53 Hami-Os. What this means is if someone has a 2 billion inf bid on a level 53 Hami-O, someone else can now fill that bid and get all their Inf!

This change is currently in Beta, and hasn't hit Live yet, but for the few of you who peruse these forums, I'm giving a fair warning: When this goes Live, I'm combining some Hami-Os and trying my luck! I'm sure others had the same idea, though (again, sorry for ruining it for ya!). I'm banking on the fact that only a small portion of players use the forums, and while I'm sure there aren't a huge number of multi-billionaires who aren't here, I figure there's got to be a few, and they're about to lose out. Nothing I can do about that!

So yeah, if this is how you store your inf, maybe move it to global e-mail in the coming weeks before this goes Live!

Rain, rain, go away!

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

52 minutes ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Maybe: should check on test if there's been a change to the way the added levels are displayed. Currently combining hami-os will give you a 50++ rather than a 52 and the +'s are removed if you try to list it on the AH. 

Read the post/patch notes. Changing the way levels are displayed is exactly what they're doing! But, good idea, I'll go test it out right now!

EDIT: Yup, tested, it changes the level.

Edited by EmperorSteele
Updated some info

• 3 weeks later
On 10/24/2020 at 11:33 AM, EmperorSteele said:

I expect more than a few players to have good success on this strategy - but you'll have to be really, really fast. 
I think that there are a number of players who had deep pockets and did bids like this - but have stopped playing for whatever reason. And their bids will remain in place forever - until filled or the game crashes to a close. How many? No idea. Some of you will be lucky, (or just smart and quick) for sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Is there a reason people stash on ah bids instead of global mail? Just convenience?

I do both.  I use email for short-term holding until it starts getting full then I move it to bids on a (hopefully) nonexistent item.

Email in the past has generally been buggier than the AH, believe it or not, so I don't count on it still being there from day to day.  Also, I have heard that you can only have 100 emails at a time, which puts an upper limit on your storage.

Who run Bartertown?