Stealth nerf to doorways?

DougGraves

Some months back I had my first Stormie with Hurricane, and using that to try and herd and corral taught me that foes ALWAYS push past me easily.Β  πŸ˜›

Β 

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•

• City Council

In all seriousness, there's been no change to doorways.

Β 

We also don't "stealth nerf" things, ever. If something isn't in the patch notes, it's because of one of the following reasons:

1. We forgot it / missed it (almost always this) and it'll be added if someone points this out to us
  2. It's an unintended change (ie: a bug) and it'll be fixed if someone points it out to us
  3. It's an exploit fix, which we generally do not include in the patch notes until we're confident the fix works and does not need to be rolled back
  • Like 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

7 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The Stealth nerf to doorways was intentional.Β  Players were expressing difficulty finding them.

This had me laughing out loud!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Luminara said:

The Stealth nerf to doorways was intentional.Β  Players were expressing difficulty finding them.

The real difficulty is trying to imagine what some of these office buildings look like on the outside.Β  I was in a Manticore TF yesterday and wondered out loud, "Who the hell designs buildings like this?!?"

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.Β  I have Ironblade on every shard.Β  -Β  My only AE arc:Β  The Origin of Mark IVΒ  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

In all seriousness, there's been no change to doorways.

Β 

This is correct.Β  The problem wasn't the doorways themselves, it was inherent inΒ the Ambush code and the interaction with doorways.Β  A new mechanic had to be created specifically to handle the problem, the AmNotBush code.Β  Now doorways won't be able to appear to be bushes and deceive players any more.

• Haha 3

Get busy living... or get busy dying.Β  That's goddamn right.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, Luminara said:

I'm still waiting for someone to port me to the end of the last mission of LGTF.Β  I swear it takes me 20 minutes to stealth to the end of that nightmare map.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

Β