Stoners: Would you replace Teleport with Combat Teleport?

cohRock

My level 50+3 stone/rad tank, Meranium, had Teleport and Recall Friend prior to I27.  He often uses Teleport for intra-zonal travel , and it is slotted with a range and end reduction.  He also has the prestige powers Ninja Run and Jump Pac for alternative intra-zonal movement.  Would you respec such a character to trade out Teleport with Combat Teleport?  During missions Teleport has been handy to help move while Rooted and/or in Granite form, so I'm mainly curious if the loss of extremely fast intra-zonal travel will be compensated with in-mission goodness.

• Thanks 1

-- Rock

That depends. I don't have a travel power, and rely on CT for vertical movement, beast run for horizontal/limited vertical movement.

However, I use fold space every time it is up. Ct is also used extensively for mob insertion, initial +tohit to fire soul drain or whatever, and tp target for corpses. I do occasionally use tp target to pull a mob that FS didnt get to grow the agro pool.

It won't be as efficient for cross zone travel.  The range is much less and then there's that brief cooldown, after you port 3 times.  I do love the power, though.  Great for zipping around at short distances and excellent for making a quick escape if you need to run away.  If you mainly port for travel, I would keep the standard teleport (slotted for +range and - end cost, as you have).

Still... if you keep Granite going all the time, I would take both, honestly.  I think you'll find it useful to have the ability to swiftly reposition in combat, get a +10% accuracy on your next attack, and also the slots to mule enhancements like slow resistance, stealth, etc.

Granted, this is coming from a guy who is a shameless teleport power fanboy and is besotted with the new iterations of it.  My main problem right now, is figuring out how I'm going to assign keybinds them all, to make them efficient to use.  Ah, first world problems.  😛

I built without standard teleport, and love combat teleport. If it were a choice between the two, I'd definitely choose CT.

I'm happy enough with fast travel powers and athletic run+sprint for normal travel.

Combat Teleport actually lets me be a slow stupid brick and reposition in battle effectively for cones.  Even if I were super fast as a stone/, I would be stuck in the middle of a mob without CT since I can't jump.

There would be less reason to do this if all your damage is pbaoe or single target, but I think the quality of life for the quick engage would be worth it. I do not enjoy regular teleport for combat movement.

It depends. I like how TP now gives you about 4 seconds of untouchable, so you can leave granite form and travel without fear of getting hit. You can even TP into a mob, then turn on granite. So it will depend, I like both, but I'll probably stick with TP

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Thank you, everyone, for your feedback.  I'm not sure what I'll do yet.  One possibility is to swap out something else, and end up with three port powers, Teleport, Teleport Other, and Combat Teleport.  The most likely candidate would be Radiation Smash, which would have a secondary advantage of freeing up a second slot for Teleport Other (Range and now Acc), and I could also have 2 or 3 slots in Combat Teleport, which I don't even know what will benefit it yet.  How do you guys slot it?

-- Rock

@cohRock, I can't thank you enough for making this thread. Took only 5 minutes of testing to convince myself Combat Teleport might just be the power that makes playing Stone Armor bearable.

Combat Teleport is so much better than Teleport IMHO. The lack of a lag time, like there is with standard Teleport, is invaluable.

Plus, being able to use it 3 times in a row also makes up for misclicks and/or allows for even greater mobility. 3 combat TP take me as much time as one Teleport (or so it feels, subjectively) and let me cover as much distance.

• Like 1

I am actually taking and using CT on a scrapper; using it, from stealth I can pop in and mininuke with whirling hands (slot a chance for knockdown in it), follow up with powercrash, and then just whittle away at the bosses. It is fun, and faster than walking or running between mobs!

3 minutes ago, Cutter said:

PIggybacking onto this... is there a way to use powexec_location in a keybind? I use the lshift+lclick bind for regular TP & thinking of repurposing it for CT, but that keybind doesn't really allow for any sort of precision.

Here is how I tested it, you can substitute any key for it and any distance too.

And you can also add up or down.

/bind w "powexec_location target combat teleport"

/bind s "powexec_location back:100 combat teleport"

/bind a "powexec_location left:100 combat teleport"

/bind d "powexec_location right:100 combat teleport"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Infinitum said:

Here is how I tested it, you can substitute any key for it and any distance too.

And you can also add up or down.

/bind w "powexec_location target combat teleport"

Awesome, thanks! I'll give those I try once I log in & respec into CT.

Update: Shift and left click for teleport, shift and right click for targeted combat teleport is awesomesauce.

Edited by Cutter
  • Like 3

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...

Do either Combat Teleport or Fold Space take any sets other than the travel ones, out of curiosity?  And does Fold Space take recharge?  Seems like that would be another handy one for a Stone tank, move the mobs to you, but only using it every 2 minutes is kind of slow.  

Foldspace takes recharge (accuracy as well i think). You can get it sub 1 minute trivially. Depending on what you are folding, you can use it every other spawn or sooner. CT will take place of foldspace in general use based on cooldown.

Problem with fold space is that teams may not really get whats  happening so you either n eed to be a good far distance ahead, or let them know before you fold.

Chasing things all over the place (runners) with CT is fun.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:32 PM, Cutter said:

Awesome, thanks! I'll give those I try once I log in & respec into CT.

Update: Shift and left click for teleport, shift and right click for targeted combat teleport is awesomesauce.

Updated it further. Basically travel based on target acquisition and distance.

/bind q "powexec_location target combat teleport"

/bind x "powexec_location forward:100 combat teleport"

/bind z "powexec_location up:100 combat teleport"

/bind w "powexec_location forward:400 teleport"

/bind e "powexec_location target teleport"

I third or fourth the binds. I have been using teleport for a while now on a scrapper and set up a bunch of binds similar to those. The "target" location one is particularly insane. No more running around combat hitting follow and getting stuck on intervening crap. Just tab to select the next target and key to teleport. You'll be kill-stealing in no time.

Now that I think about it, it seems like you should be able to set up a bind that targets next enemy and teleports you to them. Should be

/bind Q "powexec_location target Combat Teleport$$targetcustomnear enemy"

If this works the way I think it does, you tap the Q (or whatever key you choose) twice quickly. The first tap targets the next nearest enemy, the second one teleports. I tested this a bit, and it seems to work okay. Saves you from fighting the tab-targeting system, and you don't have to press two different keys to get to the next target.

Edited by VV
  • Like 1