ATC's Badge List PopMenu

I'm quite glad that you continue to find this menu useful!

52 minutes ago, Ukase said:

given how Pop Menu determines (with accuracy) what badges my character has, is there a way to export that to Badger?

There is not currently a way that I am aware of to export the badges from a popmenu for importing into Badger. However, Badger does have a fairly easy to use, if somewhat occasionally quirky, import tool that lets you import all of a character's badges from chat logs. If that is of interest, I wrote a walkthrough for importing chat logs into Badger.

• 5 weeks later
54 minutes ago, Frazier said:

How do you fix the in game overlay if all it is showing is "Player" with nothing attached?

I honestly have no idea to what you might be referring. Nothing that I know of in this mod should show the word 'Player'. Can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I honestly have no idea to what you might be referring. Nothing that I know of in this mod should show the word 'Player'. Can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Top left corner.  This used to be the overlay that showed the badges. I really don't know what I did to make that option disappear and then it only showed this.

screenshot_220102-20-22-17.jpg

1 hour ago, Frazier said:

Top left corner.  This used to be the overlay that showed the badges. I really don't know what I did to make that option disappear and then it only showed this.

That is not my mod. It might be this mod, which incorporates an outdated, modified copy of my mod, but I can't tell for sure. Regardless, I can't provide support for other people's mods, so unfortunately there isn't anything I can do to help you.

Updated (in top post) to add the 18th anniversary badge (Unquenchable) and to update all the River Rat location thumbtacks. If anyone notices any issues, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later
10 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I don't suppose their is a way other than writing it down to keep track of what history plaques I have clicked?

Unfortunately, there is not, as far as I can tell. I have tried every trick I could think of (and a few that other folks have thought of) using internal names/properties to try to track individual plaques (and River Rat locations), and nothing has worked. I think it is tied to the 'visits' parameter, and if they ever add popmenu functionality that allows that parameter to be tracked, then it might be possible.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo/clarification

19 hours ago, Marshal_General said:

I don't suppose their is a way other than writing it down to keep track of what history plaques I have clicked?

Hi M_G,

I use vidiotmaps and have gotten into the habit of when first time visiting a new zone to do a quick sweep for all eight explore badges and all the plaques.

I think I usually start north and work down south but depends on where I enter from.

So I know that if I have the accolade for a zone I also have the plaques.  Not ideal or perfect but it only takes a short time to get both sets.

I wish that the newish LRTS lists that show if you have unlocked a zone by getting one badge (currently in white instead of greyed out) would also change that white to a different colour when you have all eight and been awarded the accolade.

Would make it easier to track both Explore badges and also in my case the plaques not yet gotten in a zone because sometimes you cannot help getting the odd explore badge when doing a TF or something when teamed up and have no time to do a complete collect run just then.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Jacktar said:

I use vidiotmaps and have gotten into the habit of when first time visiting a new zone to do a quick sweep for all eight explore badges and all the plaques... So I know that if I have the accolade for a zone I also have the plaques.

For what it is worth, I also collect all the badges/plaques in a zone at once as a way to keep track of which zones I have 'cleared'. That was actually the reason I developed my optimal collection path maps and popmenu, which makes that process a bit easier.

I'll also take a look at the Accolade > Exploration section of this popmenu. It currently lists all the zone exploration accolades by badge name, but it might be useful to list them by zone name as well. I sometimes struggle trying remember which badge goes with which zone, and having a list by zone name might make it easier to know which zones need exploring.

clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Updated (in top post) to add exploration accolades listed by zone name. The exploration accolades include the multi-zone accolades The Constant for Atlas Park and Echo: Atlas Park, and Viva Praetoria for most of the Praetorian zones. The new list by zone name only includes single-zone accolades, so these two multi-zone accolades were not included in the new list by zone name. This is noted within the mod itself as well. These two accolades can still be found in the list by badge name, though.

Note that the official revision date is 24-May-2022, although I didn't get around to updating the CoH modder version and updating the top post with the new version until today (03-June-2022).

If anyone notices any issues, please let me know.

badge_list_screen.png.e612f209d4a7b6bbab8ed7bf3a6a2b2b.png

add screenshot
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later

I got a new Rig to replace my Dinosaur, but when I did I always have the badge list popup bind to my F9 key, but now it is not working. Does it not work with Windows 11?

Ya, it came with windows 11. 

9 hours ago, Coffeh said:

Does it not work with Windows 11?

I don't know of any reason it wouldn't work with Win11 or any other OS. If redoing the bind doesn't work:

/bind F9 "popmenu BadgeSetList"

Then I'd double-check the install location to make sure you put the menu file in the right place:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texts\English\menus

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I don't know of any reason it wouldn't work with Win11 or any other OS. If redoing the bind doesn't work:

/bind F9 "popmenu BadgeSetList"

Then I'd double-check the install location to make sure you put the menu file in the right place:

<CoH Root Folder>\data\texts\English\menus

Thank you for your reply, I do appreciate the help. However it is still not working. It is just this bind on my F9 key. I did /unbind F9 and it work with the default setting, then tried binding it again, and still nothing. 

So to give you a quick idea of what I mean, here is my favorite bind that I always use for all my toons.

Old Rig Win10

/bind f7 "e thumbsup$$say F7 Lets Fire it Up!"

/bind f9 popmenu badgelist

/bind f12 "say Kill $target on my target!"

New Rig Win11

/bind f7 "e thumbsup$$say F7 Lets Fire it Up!" (Still works)

/bind f9 popmenu badgelist (Not working)

/bind f12 "say Kill $target on my target!"(Still works)

I did see you slash "/" command was a little different then the one I usually used, so I tried banding it again with /bind F9 "popmenu BadgeSetList" but still nothing 😞

Edited by Coffeh

4 hours ago, Coffeh said:

/bind f9 popmenu badgelist (Not working)

If this is the bind you have been using, then I don't think you have been using my popmenu (which is named BadgeSetList). You've likely been using this popmenu (which is named BadgeList), which was the inspiration/foundation of my popmenu when I spun off my own version a couple of years ago.

If you'd prefer to use mine, the installation and usage instructions are in the top post of this thread. Either way is fine, as long as you are using the menu that suits you best (there are quite a few badge popmenus out there) and that the bind works again for you.

rewrite based upon further reflection

Updated (in top post) to add/modify the following features:

• New badges for Issue 27, page 4 added
  • Added badge listing by zone name to Safeguard/Mayhem exploration badges and Passport accolade requirements
  • Added a sequential listing for each badge category (except Veteran and Wentworths, which were already listed sequentially, added a note in the menu for these) to match the in-game sequential list
  • Removed many superfluous dividers and replaced them with titles, adjusted some category names to match in-game names, and re-categorized a few badges that were listed under the wrong category

I also commented out the Favorites sections so that they would be hidden by default. They are still in the menu code, just commented out. So if you want to use the Favorites sections, just un-comment those sections (by removing the two forward slashes i.e. // at the beginning of each line of code) and add in your favorite badges. If you have been using the Favorites section, don't forget to copy your favorites from the old version to a safe spot before updating the mod!

I didn't want to bloat the menu by making the sequential list its own main category, so I added the lists at the bottom of each categoric menu. That way it's available for those who want it, but unobtrusive for those that don't. Here's a screenshot of what the new sequential lists look like:

badge_menu_updates.png.911c5e5e8f5dede5533ba6e599ccf18b.png

If anyone notices any issues, please let me know.

forgot the screenshot, added clarification

• 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, lemming said:

Just noticed that at line 15848 you have an extra quote mark.

Thank you for letting me know! I have corrected the error, updated the mod in CoH modder, and uploaded the corrected version in the top post.

My game client did not appear to give me any errors, nor did I notice any issue with the menu performance. If you don't mind, could you let me know the message you saw in your log file, so I can keep an eye out in the future? Thanks again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Thank you for letting me know! I have corrected the error, updated the mod in CoH modder, and uploaded the corrected version in the top post.

My game client did not appear to give me any errors, nor did I notice any issue with the menu performance. If you don't mind, could you let me know the message you saw in your log file, so I can keep an eye out in the future? Thanks again!

ERRORLOG FILEERROR: texts/English/menus/BadgeSetList.mnu
File: texts/English/menus/BadgeSetList.mnu
Tokenizer: no end of string found in texts/English/menus/BadgeSetList.mnu, line 15956

Line number difference due to my addding some to favorites and the log comes from my running via Linux

wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Games/Homecoming/bin/win64/launcher.exe > ~/down/hclaunch.log 2> ~/down/hclaunch.err &

Normally I don't look at it, but was working on some sound issues and seeing if a clue was there.

• Thanks 1

Updated (in top post) to add the new 2022 Halloween badges. If anyone notices any issues, please let me know. Happy Halloween badge hunting!

• Like 1

• Booper pinned this topic
  • Booper unpinned this topic

I have updated the top post to account for the new mod installation tool that Michiyo developed. Part of that update changes the manual installation process from a .mnu file to a .pigg archive. Users will need to refer to the installation instructions in the top post to account for this new installation process. Note that there are two install options, one for a variant that enables a Favorites section in the menu, and one in which the Favorites section is disabled. I also added a section for removal/deletion of the old menu installation.

clarification, fix link

Updated (in top post) to rename 'Womp Womp' to 'Ankle Biter'. I also noticed that the settitle commands were broken in the sequential lists, and I fixed those. If you tried to set your badge title from the sequential lists and were unable to do so previously, that should function properly now.

If anyone notices any other issues, please let me know. Happy Halloween badge hunting!

Updated (in top post) to add the four badges for i27p6, and to remove the Thrill Seeker badges from the now-defunct AP and Mercy Island AE locations. Please let me know if you notice any issues.