Super Group & Achievement Badge Pop Up Menu

Hey everyone, with the rise in popularity of the pop up menu (or "pup menu" as I call it), we were bound to get some interesting options.

I am proud to introduce to you to the transportation and badge tracker. Inside, you'll find:

• Public Super Group Access - Every publicly listed Supergroup on every Shard of the Homecoming Server
  • Achievement Badges - Every badge in the game, not just accolades. 
  • Teleportation - Player and team teleport, mission teleport, and even incarnate teleport (subject to acquiring the respective powers in-game)

My friend Eclipse did most of the work. I just helped out and got in the way sometimes 🙂

Acknowledgements:
// POPMENU file for BadgeSetList
// Version 20200307.01
// Original BadgeList menu created by Janrith and updated by ROBOKiTTY
// Original Settitle menu created by Wingman
// BadgeSetList built upon above menus and modified by AboveTheChemist
// POPMENU file for Homecoming Transportation Powers & Base Codes
// Original SG ListCreated And Curated By Healix: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/1474-basecode-passes/
// Original Menus Created By Eclipse. and updated by Vayek
// Version 20200328.01

Transportation & Badge Pop Menu.7z

7k8z7he.png

FWz3XHh.png

lYcRpBz.png

Edited by Vayek
Adding images
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Worth noting I think this includes my updates to the Badge List as well, which has the "Accolades - Detailed" section that lists what you need to do for each accolade, instead of just the badges.
That was stolen from another pre-existing PopMenu. I do not have the acknowledgements for that, apologies.

Badgelist Acknowledgements are taken from what was in the existing file -- if they are incorrect, apologies for that as well.

Edited by Eclipse.
  • Like 2

So, if we only want the Badgelist, all we should need is the BadgeList.mnu in the correct place, right?

Very cool work, btw!

edit:  Self confirmed.  You can just load the Badgelist if you don't want all of the above.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

So, if we only want the Badgelist, all we should need is the BadgeList.mnu in the correct place, right?

Very cool work, btw!

edit:  Self confirmed.  You can just load the Badgelist if you don't want all of the above.

If you're using the CustomWindow you can also just start up the game and delete the Transport button to only have Badge list populated.

Otherwise, yes if you don't want the badgelist put the .mnu files in the correct spot and type 
/popmenu badgelist 
or 
/popmenu transport 

respectively.

Those additions are quite cool! Janrith's original badge list has become a many-headed hydra.

2 hours ago, energizing_ion said:

Very nice!

This does not compare the badges your toon has to the list, just shows you all of the badges available, correct?

It does indeed compare to what you have.
If they are highlighted you have them, if they are grey you do not.

It does not, however, grey out for skills you don't have, sadly.

Edited by Eclipse.

I noticed that the acknowledgements in BadgeList.mnu are the same as in the version I produced. Please add a line addressing the modifications made beyond my version. I'm happy that you built upon my work (just as I built upon the work of Janrith, ROBOKiTTY, and Wingman), but I don't want people to have the mistaken impression that I am responsible for this particular iteration of the badge list menu. While you are in there it wouldn't hurt to update the version date (or whatever version number system you want to use) to match your last revision date.

Users should also be aware that there are several 'Favorites' sections that I intended for folks to modify to suit their tastes. Users should make copies/backups of these sections before updating the menu, so that your personal preferences don't get lost by being overwritten.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds good. One thing I forgot to mention is that for the accolade powers that grant endurance (like Portal Jockey), the menu lists them (at least the ones I looked at) as granting 5% endurance, but they actually grant 5 points of endurance.

Edit: On second thought, and after checking several places in-game, it's not totally clear whether it's supposed to be +5 points or +5% across the board. Besides, 5% of 100 points is 5 points anyway. Unless the base amount of endurance changes from 100 (which I don't think it has since launch), then either way works equally well.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

2 questions after using this a bit last night and this morning...

1.)  What are the Favorite badges section?  Is there a way to remove that section or add a badge that I'd want to track progress on or something?

2.)  When I'm on my badging toon, Energizing Ion, and see a badge in the list that I don't have, I don't see how to get that badge like it shows in the first picture in this post.  Is there something wrong or some file I'm missing?

Thanks, it's a great tool! 🙂

EDIT:  Oh, I re-read some posts and noticed that the details for the badges are only for the Accolades and not the individual badges...so I think I answered my own question there.  Still have #1 that I'm curious about though...  :)

Edited by energizing_ion

21 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Edit: On second thought, and after checking several places in-game, it's not totally clear whether it's supposed to be +5 points or +5% across the board. Besides, 5% of 100 points is 5 points anyway. Unless the base amount of endurance changes from 100 (which I don't think it has since launch), then either way works equally well.

Fairly certain it is a hold over from pre-IO game, where the only way to go above 100 was getting those Accolades anyways...so +5% = +5 regardless.  It probably wasn't updated everywhere after  the fact, but was in some.

Even then, almost all things that list a +% still work off of the base and ignore any set bonuses for the calculation, AFAIK

1 hour ago, energizing_ion said:

2 questions after using this a bit last night and this morning...

1.)  What are the Favorite badges section?  Is there a way to remove that section or add a badge that I'd want to track progress on or something?

It is a carry over from AboveTheChemist 's  version of the badgelist - which I basically just slapped into a custom window. Seriously, I can not take credit for anything in badgelist (other than maybe joining 2 existing popmenus I scavenged from somewhere)

If you open the bagelist.mnu file in a text editor you should find something like the code block below...but more lines, because it won't be compressed by your editor --probably. 
You can delete the whole section, or update the "LockedOption" with the appropriate badges as you see fit.

Technically clicking any of the badges (that you have) in the badgelist sets that to be the badge displayed under your character name
The favorites menu is a way to quickly find those badges to set as your badgetitle across characters.

4         Menu "Favorites"
    3         {
    2                 LockedOption
    1                 {
14    +----  3 lines: DisplayName "Cold Hand of Death"---------------------------------------------
    1                 }
    2                 LockedOption
    3                 {
    4 +----  3 lines: DisplayName "Dead Head"------------------------------------------------------
    5                 }
    6                 LockedOption
    7                 {
    8 +----  3 lines: DisplayName "Foggy"----------------------------------------------------------
    9                 }
   10                 LockedOption
   11                 {
   12 +----  3 lines: DisplayName "Midnighter"-----------------------------------------------------
   13                 }
   14                 LockedOption
   15                 {
   16 +----  3 lines: DisplayName "Mirage"---------------------------------------------------------
   17                 }
   18                 LockedOption
   19                 {
   20 +----  3 lines: DisplayName "Nimble Mynx"----------------------------------------------------
   21                 }
1 hour ago, energizing_ion said:

2.)  When I'm on my badging toon, Energizing Ion, and see a badge in the list that I don't have, I don't see how to get that badge like it shows in the first picture in this post.  Is there something wrong or some file I'm missing?

You answered your own question in the Edit.
But, yes, It only shows requirements for badges in the "accolades - Detailed" section.
I've noticed that as well for many badges I don't know what is required, which is frustrating to have to go to Wiki to find it.

If I have time/energy/motivation while I'm in "quarantine" I may update the file to list what is required for every badge.
If I a spreadsheet  of badge name/reqs exists instead of having to use the Wiki I'd be much more willing to do it. Otherwise, no promises.

Edit:
this is the first time I've opened a .mnu file in *nix instead of windows. God I wish I had vim to edit those normally....it'd make life so much easier.

Edited by Eclipse.

34 minutes ago, Eclipse. said:

If I a spreadsheet  of badge name/reqs exists instead of having to use the Wiki I'd be much more willing to do it. Otherwise, no promises.

The Badger site is probably your best bet. Semi-shameless plug, since I help maintain the data for that site. It was spawned from the badge tracker spreadsheet, which I am pretty sure KeyboardKitsune stopped maintaining. It's probably not quite as up-to-date as the Badger site, but it should still be quite reliable. I've learned to treat the Wiki as a rough guide.

There are actually three favorites sections in the menu. The main one there at the top, one under 'Accolades > Day Jobs', and a third under 'Day Jobs'.

1 minute ago, AboveTheChemist said:

The Badger site is probably your best bet. Semi-shameless plug, since I help maintain the data for that site. It was spawned from the badge tracker spreadsheet,

Neat. The spreadsheet's will be helpful even if slightly outdated as a starting point.
Just do a vlookup and concactenate to join everything, or some sed magic....

I can play with that sometime tonight to see if I can get a whole bunch knocked out easily.

On 3/29/2020 at 8:42 PM, Eclipse. said:

If you're using the CustomWindow you can also just start up the game and delete the Transport button to only have Badge list populated.

Otherwise, yes if you don't want the badgelist put the .mnu files in the correct spot and type 
/popmenu badgelist 
or 
/popmenu transport 

respectively.

Anyone happen to know, when using the CustomWindow option, is there a way to have it stay put? My experience is that when switching toons or switching zones, the window just jumps to random places on my screen. I'm using the popmenu command without CustomWindows for now. Great tool btw!

On 4/4/2020 at 5:49 AM, damienray said:

Anyone happen to know, when using the CustomWindow option, is there a way to have it stay put? My experience is that when switching toons or switching zones, the window just jumps to random places on my screen. I'm using the popmenu command without CustomWindows for now. Great tool btw!

Sadly not sure.

It stays put for me, across all my characters and when zoning...I actually have multiple custom windows that all stay put.
Vayek on the other hand has to move it every time he zones, not sure what causes the discrepancy. 

Only thought I have that _might_ fix it is to move it to where you want it, then change the CustomWindow file to be read only to prevent the game from moving it again.

Looks like it contains a lot of the same information in the Mission Helper I built way back in August.

Edited by Profit
link

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

• Retired Game Master
8 hours ago, Elemento said:

Okay I downloaded this but where do I place it and how does it open?

Apparently the Transportation & Badge Pop Menu.7z file isn't being recognized to be opened.

To open zipped files, you would need to download and install a program like 7zip

So it's a zip file but I always was used to zip files just being .zip.

You did not mention where I should have this.  Should this file be under CoH or is there some particular folder of CoH to place this in?

I got it unzipped but it says to drop the data into the Tequila Score Game directory.  There's no such thing under my CoH.

Do I just drop this data file under CoH then?

Edited by Elemento
Had more to add