Help figuring out an emote

Force Redux

I saw someone in Pocket D using emote while idle - holding a smartphone while texting with two hands. Not the /e smartphone emote, as that one has you speaking into it. I didn't see anything in the menu... Any ideas what this command is? I'm sure I'm overlooking the obvious...🤔🙄

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

Complete, annotated and up to date list of emotes in the Guide. 🙂

• Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

17 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Complete, annotated and up to date list of emotes in the Guide. 🙂

Thanks! I updated the emotes wiki page a while back too but I'll cross reference it against your guide to make sure I didn't miss anything.

41 minutes ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Thanks! I updated the emotes wiki page a while back too but I'll cross reference it against your guide to make sure I didn't miss anything.

And vice versa. I try to keep an eye on other lists but I generally rely on the 'dumps' available from the game itself.

Some users are okay with looking up things individually and kind of one piece at a time; my preference has always been one complete source. Both work. 🙂

1 hour ago, Sakai said:

There is a guide?

Only since about 2009. See the sig. 🙂

• Like 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

3 hours ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

What about the hybrid emotes?   Like:  ";dance11$$e liedown"

Anyone got that complete list somewhere?

Hadn't heard of this and gave it a shot, and WOW! Seems like if you change the dance number it results in different animations:

• ;dance1$$e liedown - a sort of different "at ease" position where the character looks off to the side
  • ;dance2$$e liedown - continuous 'raise dead' animation
  • ;dance3$$e liedown - ends the above gracefully and returns to an idle pose
  • ;dance4$$e liedown - holding out left arm cast animation, but continuous (like any of the kinetics power animations)
  • ;dance5$$e liedown - continuation of the above, but the character floats up and hovers in a really spooky way with the arm still outheld
  • ;dance6$$e liedown - continuation of the above, but the character floats down from that position
  • ;dance7$$e liedown - doesn't seem to do anything special, just does either dance7 or liedown
  • ;dance8$$e liedown - fall to knees while smoldering and crackling with electricity
  • ;dance9$$e liedown - seems to be related to the above, with the character yoinked into the air and then exploding with energy constantly (until you move or end it with the dance8 one)
  • ;dance10$$e liedown - continuation of the above with the character falling to their knees, then on their face (standard dead pose)
  • ;dance11$$e liedown - character reacting to a very visually flashy psionic attack

That does bring up the question of what other combos there are. I tried doing ;dance1$$e despair, and it was the exact same as the first from the above list - ditto with the rest of the numbers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Huh. Must go 'speriment, here.

I wonder if these are any kind of defined action or just a bug of the parsing operation. You know, combining to become an action code that's not normally available to player control.

That is, a lot of things in the UI and CI are controlled by hex values, which can be built by stacking defines or entering the conjured hex value. These may be "mooshing" together to form such a raw action code.

Cool.

And ETA, yeah. I think that's it. These act very erratically. You have to clear the emote before the next one will work, and doing the same paired command or any other back to back produces an unpredictable result. I'll bet one wooden Inf it's an artifact of how these emote keywords stack.

Still fun. Always great to find new actions, especially the weird ones above. 🙂

Edited by Shenanigunner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shenanigunner said:

I'll bet one wooden Inf it's an artifact of how these emote keywords stack.

It might have something to do with how numbers work in the name of the emote too. I tried using ;idle1, then ;idle2, and they matched up with #1 and #2 from the list! So, I tried ;score10, and that matched up with #10 too. If only we had a numbered emote that went over 11. I'd love to see more of these.

Additional find: 'lookup' instead of 'liedown' seems to also do the trick. Same effects though. Definitely only affects the new ones!

Edited by fiend
  • Thanks 2