back after a long time! lf help and people to play with(?)

ashzilla666

Welcome!

There's a lot of stuff that's new, including new powersets! (For MMs, the Electrical Affinity secondary, as well as new Pool sets for everyone.  There has also been some more powerset proliferation, so MMs can get Kinetics, Cold Domination, and Radiation Emission secondaries now.) 

There are some new enhancement sets, too, and even a new Archetype (Sentinels).  Also, many things have been tweaked and re-organized.
There was an update about a week ago, so a lot of people are still figuring things out.
I recently found the Homecoming Wiki which, from what I can tell, has not yet been fully updated for the recent release.  It should still help some, though:  https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page

See you in the City!

Edited by Shocktacular
  • Like 1

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

Welcome home!  I love playing MMs, but you should know that group fly still completely sucks.  I'm hoping that one day they will fix it, and I can fly around with my Demons doing massive damage and looking amazingly awesome in the process.  :P

Otherwise, a LOT has changed since live, so dive in and see what's new.  Also look at the links provided by others and read through the boards, patch notes, especially.

As to people to run with, I'm on Excelsior and would be happy to run with you.  :) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

Welcome home!  I love playing MMs, but you should know that group fly still completely sucks.  I'm hoping that one day they will fix it, and I can fly around with my Demons doing massive damage and looking amazingly awesome in the process.  😛

Otherwise, a LOT has changed since live, so dive in and see what's new.  Also look at the links provided by others and read through the boards, patch notes, especially.

As to people to run with, I'm on Excelsior and would be happy to run with you.  🙂

awesome! ok i'll check those out ! 

and yess! is there a way to add you ??

Welcome home!  I always recommend the wiki.  The jump from issue 23 to 26 was pretty big.

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Welcome home!

The thing you may want to do first is check out the "P2W" vendor. There's one in each starting zone, as well as the Galacy City tutorial. They give out a few freebies that on Live that were purchasable with Paragon Points, like Sands of Mu, Nemesis Staff, Prestige Sprints, Ninja Run, etc. They'll make the starting levels a bit more bearable!

I would advise AGAINST using XP boosters for your first toon. A good amount of content exists in the early levels, and re-learning how to play cantl't be overstated! And more pragmatically, using XP Boosters reduces your influence gain, and you dont wanna be level.20 but broke!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

Welcome home!

The thing you may want to do first is check out the "P2W" vendor. There's one in each starting zone, as well as the Galacy City tutorial. They give out a few freebies that on Live that were purchasable with Paragon Points, like Sands of Mu, Nemesis Staff, Prestige Sprints, Ninja Run, etc. They'll make the starting levels a bit more bearable!

I would advise AGAINST using XP boosters for your first toon. A good amount of content exists in the early levels, and re-learning how to play cantl't be overstated! And more pragmatically, using XP Boosters reduces your influence gain, and you dont wanna be level.20 but broke!

I second the recommendation regarding XP boosters. Actually, given the recent patch, I second it even more emphatically than I would have before. The patch that just came out made it so that you now get DO and SO enhancements starting from level 1. TOs have been almost completely removed from the game. Moreover, there is now an "upgrade" button in the enhancement management screen that allows you to upgrade all of your slotted enhancements at once. Doing so costs a ton of inf, though, and if you wish to pursue that avenue you don't want to be restricting your flow of inf with XP boosters.

• Like 1

Liberty and Virtue server refugee. Everlasting resident.

Main/Planned Characters:

• Astellus - Kinetic/Energy/Mu Scrapper (Magic)
  • Plasmitar - Radiation/Energy/Flame Blaster (Science)
  • Scionic - Psychic/Atomic/Soul Blaster (Mutation)
  • Safehouse - Street Justice/Energy Aura Scrapper (Magic)
  • Starshear - Energy/Atomic/Force Blaster (Science)
  • Neonstar - Luminous/Luminous Peacebringer (Natural)
  • Faerwald - Gravity/Energy/Psionic Dominator (Science)
  • Fomalhaut - Rad/Rad Sentinel (Science)

Welcome back

@Marine X and @Marine X2

( Mostly on Reunion and Everlasting, Virtue in the Old Days )

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Welcome Home!

And the Winter Event just started too!  So you'll come back to snow!

And yes...a lot has changed.  They even updated the code for ranged MM pets to -NOT- rush in and use brawl against enemies.  Such as the Mercs, Bots, and select ranged pets no longer rush in and stay within your supremacy radius to blast away.  Also, Tanker damage has been boosted, more new power sets (such as Sonic Manipulation for Blasters, revamp to teleportation powers, and Long Range Teleport becoming an accolade, as well as new power pool origin power sets such as Sorcery, Force of Will and Experimentation), as well as new enhancement sets....and even new missions!

Have fun discovering them!  See you there!

Welcome back, @ashzilla666!

I suggest getting involved with a good Supergroup with a good group of people behind them.  I got into City in 2005, but more important I joined Repeat Offenders in 2006.  That kept me in City until 2012 November and even after City was shutdown, I stayed active with RO.  And now that City is back, RO is back in Homecoming!

And this is very important.

On 12/2/2020 at 4:40 PM, Safehouse said:

I second the recommendation regarding XP boosters. Actually, given the recent patch, I second it even more emphatically than I would have before. The patch that just came out made it so that you now get DO and SO enhancements starting from level 1. TOs have been almost completely removed from the game. Moreover, there is now an "upgrade" button in the enhancement management screen that allows you to upgrade all of your slotted enhancements at once. Doing so costs a ton of inf, though, and if you wish to pursue that avenue you don't want to be restricting your flow of inf with XP boosters.

As well, the other source of Inf is from Reward Merits.  When you get all the badges in a zone, finish a mission arc, or finish a Task Force, you'll get Reward Merits.  There are many ways to use the Reward Merits.  However, the best use of Merits is almost always go to a Merit Vendor or Machine and exchange at least some of them for the Special Salvage selling for the best price on the Auction House.

The Special Salvage giving you the best return are usually a toss-up between Enhancement Converters, Enhancement Unslotters, and Enhancement Boosters.  This can be a bit complex to compare, but if you look at the selling prices for the last five:

• For Boosters divide by 5 (they cost 5 Merits each).
  • For Unslotters multiply by 2 (they cost 1 Merit for 2).
  • For Converters multiply by 3 (they cost 1 Merit for 3).

There's always a lot of demand for Enhancement Converters, so they will always sell.

Edited by Jacke