Cavern Trial not dropping a recipe upon completion

Rejolt

Has anyone gotten this too? I've run 3 characters so far and no recipe drop. Yes, the notice and double merits still work for it being a WST.

Update: Runs so far... The 50s had run CoT before.

1. 50 solo

2. 2 50s

3. 50 with an 18 that hadn't done Cavern before.

No recipe drops upon completion or after calling in to the contact.

I'll try a toon in level range that hasn't done it before later today and report back. I'm down for no recipe drops as a farmable thing but first-timers should get one.

Edited by Rejolt
  • Like 2

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

3 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

<searches for rj in game to drop stacks of level 15 induced coma recipes on>

No  kidding. Once you've done your entire roster (seriously, it's like a Holiday Week in CoH when Cavern is WST) you have 45 recipes you vendor and 15 that are worth crafting or take uncommons to make but are listed as Rare for coverting.

But to the original point - for new players it should give more than a badge and 8 merits.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

Tested with a level 13 that had not run it before and badge granted but no recipe. So fully removed (or bugged).

UPDATE: Tried in on Beta Server and no drop there either.

Edited by Rejolt

Trials no longer reward recipes upon completion. The pool of recipes rewarded after trials are accessed at merit vendors for 20 merits per roll. This change appears to have taken place with issue 13.

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Recipe_Drop_Pools

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Pool_C

https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Pool_D

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Trial_Random_Recipe_Roll

https://cityofheroes.fandom.com/wiki/Issue_13#The_Merit_Rewards_System

If pool C/D recipes are dropping as rewards in other trials, that would be an error that should be fixed.

Edited by S P A C E S
mixed up C and D pools

This is not a "fixed in i13" thing.  CoT used to drop whatever pool it is that includes the Achille's Heel proc (not going to look it up).  When I say "used to" I'm talking about on September 14th when Cavern was last WST and I ran it literally scores of times, each time receiving a recipe.  Was receiving a recipe an error?  I don't know but I didn't see anything about fixing this in patch notes between mid September and now.

The Achilles' Heel chance for resist debuff is from completing any mission. Random recipes as rewards at the end of missions still happen.

If you're getting *no* recipe drops while on the cavern trial that's something different and my comment is irrelevent, sorry.

Edited by S P A C E S

Cavern (at least as of Sept. 2020) was always dropping a door mission rare in sets starting in the 10-20 range. I think it was still doing it in October.

It could be an oversight that it's always given it and "accidentally" been fixed.

55 minutes ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Are you sure you weren't just getting a recipe from parking in ouro all the time and switched to sg portals to gain base tp charges? Also it amazes me that you'd notice this.

All. Characters. Got a recipe. Day jobs or not.

• Like 1

Not sure if it helps or not, but I checked my logs for the times I completed the CoT trial to see if I got recipes each time or not. All but three runs were from July 2019 when I was working on a couple of the WST repeat badges, but the most recent were from Sept 2020. In the 26 runs I found, I received at least one set IO recipe drop at the end of each run. The log excerpts are spoilered below if they are if interest. And while I do now take advantage of the Ouroboros day job benefit of increased recipe drop chance, based on my logs I do not think I had started utilizing that particular day job benefit when I completed the bulk of those runs back in July 2019.

I won't have access to the game until sometime this weekend but  when I can I'll try to run it a few times and see if I get any recipe drops.

Spoiler

2019-07-15 22:53:53 You received Theft of Essence: Acc/End/Heal/Absorb (Recipe).
2019-07-15 22:53:53 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-15 23:08:55 You received Energy Manipulator: Chance to Disorient (Recipe).
2019-07-15 23:08:55 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-15 23:19:05 You received Call to Arms: Dam/End (Recipe).
2019-07-15 23:19:05 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-15 23:27:58 You received Rectified Reticle: Increased Perception (Recipe).
2019-07-15 23:27:58 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-15 23:35:01 You received Energy Manipulator: Chance to Disorient (Recipe).
2019-07-15 23:35:01 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-15 23:42:49 You received Deflated Ego: Chance for Recovery Debuff (Recipe).
2019-07-15 23:42:49 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-15 23:57:46 You received Blessing of the Zephyr: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/End (Recipe).
2019-07-15 23:57:46 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-16 00:04:24 You received Quickfoot: Run Speed (Recipe).
2019-07-16 00:04:25 You received Achilles' Heel: Chance for Resistance Debuff (Recipe).
2019-07-16 00:04:25 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-16 00:11:08 You received Energy Manipulator: Chance to Disorient (Recipe).
2019-07-16 00:11:08 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-16 00:17:27 You received Cloud Senses: Acc/Rech (Recipe).
2019-07-16 00:17:27 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 14:51:53 You received Call to Arms: Dam/End (Recipe).
2019-07-20 14:51:53 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 14:58:11 You received Volley Fire: Acc/Dam (Recipe).
2019-07-20 14:58:12 You received Commanding Presence: Acc/End (Recipe).
2019-07-20 14:58:12 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 15:12:43 You received Regenerative Tissue: Heal/Absorb/Rech (Recipe).
2019-07-20 15:12:43 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 15:19:38 You received Commanding Presence: Acc/End (Recipe).
2019-07-20 15:19:38 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 15:25:53 You received Kismet: End/Rech (Recipe).
2019-07-20 15:25:53 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 15:31:50 You received Kismet: End/Rech (Recipe).
2019-07-20 15:31:50 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 15:37:50 You received Razzle Dazzle: Stun/Range (Recipe).
2019-07-20 15:37:50 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 15:43:56 You received Induced Coma: Sleep/Range (Recipe).
2019-07-20 15:43:56 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 15:56:23 You received Blessing of the Zephyr: Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range/End (Recipe).
2019-07-20 15:56:23 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 16:03:11 You received Explosive Strike: Chance for Smashing Dam (Recipe).
2019-07-20 16:03:11 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 16:09:51 You received Cloud Senses: Acc/Rech (Recipe).
2019-07-20 16:09:51 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 22:18:33 You received Cacophony: Confuse/Range (Recipe).
2019-07-20 22:18:33 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2019-07-20 22:24:43 You received Basilisk's Gaze: End/Rech/Hold (Recipe).
2019-07-20 22:24:43 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2020-06-21 22:28:31 You received Neuronic Shutdown: Hold/Range (Recipe).
2020-06-21 22:28:31 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2020-09-19 22:31:31 You received Deflated Ego: Chance for Recovery Debuff (Recipe).
2020-09-19 22:31:31 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

2020-09-20 22:35:34 You received Triumphant Insult: Chance to Disorient (Recipe).
2020-09-20 22:35:34 You became the gateway's master and rescued Sam Wincott!

• Like 2

Have noticed this too. Have run several different alts through now and done 30 ish runs so far.

0 recipes drops

All have Ouro day job runnig.

Used to get them all the time as I'd run CoT for the repeat WST badge a while ago.

Edited by LQT

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

4 hours ago, LQT said:

Have noticed this too. Have run several different alts through now and done 30 ish runs so far.

0 recipes drops

All have Ouro day job runnig.

Used to get them all the time as I'd run CoT for the repeat WST badge a while ago.

So no mission is giving a recipe even if you have a day job running? EDIT: You didn't say it like that but I am as I test it later.

Also: Going to try this today - running low level arcs or Who Will Die Part 1 to see if no recipe is dropping there either.

Edited by Rejolt

2 minutes ago, Rejolt said:

So no mission is giving a recipe even if you have a day job running?

Also: Going to try this today - running low level arcs or Who Will Die Part 1 to see if no recipe is dropping there either.

Only this one [CoT]. Have run other missions [level 50 PI radios] on the same toons with Chrono running and did at times get a drop. Have tested it on a test server running a different issue and that did give a recipe upon completion of CoT, so it's something that's happened in the last 13 week or so.

Edited by LQT

If you set a man a flame, you keep him warm for a day. If you set a man aflame, you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

16 minutes ago, LQT said:

Only this one [CoT]. Have run other missions [level 50 PI radios] on the same toons with Chrono running and did at times get a drop. Have tested it on a test server running a different issue and that did give a recipe upon completion of CoT, so it's something that's happened in the last 13 week or so.

There has been a thing where running Who Will Die Part 1 from the contact gives no recipe at the end but if you run it through Ouro it always does. Back in a few minutes.

Edit: Back, and no recipe drop from running WWDP1 via the Crystal/Ouro and it things like RR, A's Heel, Call to Arms, etc. recipes did drop consistently from doing it this way a few months back. Someone on Discord said it was reported in i27's Closed Beta that the Cavern trial recipes to stopped dropping. Seems like it's all the recipes from these TFs/Trials (at least the low-level ones).

Edited by Rejolt

Just now, Rejolt said:

There has been a thing where running Who Will Die Part 1 from the contact gives no recipe at the end but if you run it through Ouro it always does. Back in a few minutes.

Can't help there as haven't run the SSA's yet so no data personally. GL

35 minutes ago, Rejolt said:

Take this anecdotal data for what it is worth, but I have run Who Will DIe Part 1 at least a hundred times and in my experience you are largely correct about running it directly from the contact. I think it does award a recipe rarely, but typically I have not received a recipe at the end when running it directly from the contact. I can, if needed, parse my logs to get some actual numbers.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Take this anecdotal data for what it is worth, but I have run Who Will DIe Part 1 at least a hundred times and in my experience you are largely correct about running it directly from the contact. I think it does award a recipe rarely, but typically I have not received a recipe at the end when running it directly from the contact. I can, if needed, parse my logs to get some actual numbers.

Thank you, as I don't think the Run-From-Ouro thing was 100 percent but it was close. 

Edited by Rejolt

Going to try running an Ouro arc I can clear in 6 minutes on stealthers. Will see if that's having issues too. So far 1 run, no recipe.

Edit:

2nd run, diff toon: Yellow Acc/End 50 Perplex on completion of in mission finale objectives.

3rd run, diff toon. No recipe.

4th run, 4th toon. Invention: Recharge Red. (Recipe).

5/5. Invention: Accuracy (Recipe).

6s. Nothing.

7th: Nothing. [Heh; Congratulations! You earned the Troubleshooter badge.]

8. Invention: Damage (Recipe).

8 is enough runs for a quick check. Arc was Smoke and Mirrors from blueside Ouro. All toons had the Chrono day job active, those were the results. The standard IO recipe drops are either disappointing as a reward option or possibly unrelated.

Edited by LQT

1 minute ago, GM Impervium said:

Just curious: when you save Wincott and get the rewards, are you exiting and returning to the contact, or are you quitting the trial via the option in your team window?

Exit button to caves, calling contact to hand in.

4 hours ago, GM Impervium said:

Just curious: when you save Wincott and get the rewards, are you exiting and returning to the contact, or are you quitting the trial via the option in your team window?

Since the WST week started, I've called in on all attempts. Including the one or two characters (one character on each account may have 6 or so completes as Trial starters) that kept doing it - about 3 dozen total attempts that were just mission xp/inf rewards and the merits for completing. No SOs, IOs or anything else.

On 12/19/2020 at 8:14 PM, Michiyo said:

A Discord user "Devidose" and I have verified this was changed, though I do not think it was intentional.  On my server I reverted a commit that was supposed to drop a SO on arc completion and ran a CoT trial, and got a recipe on trial completion.  I've let the other devs know.

Das me :D

Was helpful the recipe dropped on the first check there, although re-running it would have only taken 3-4 minutes tops without TPs to mission and such. Appreciate the help setting up the attunement, the clear alls are tedious roadblocks at times :p