Secondary Discussion!!

Mythcreatio

Hello All!

I've been planning on making a char with Plant/ but I've been stuck on finding a solid secondary to pair with it. I dabble in everything, and would probably run it through some farms with some friends as well most likely.

I've been thinking on /Fire, /Martial, /Rad and /Earth.

Any input you guys could provide on the secondary performance you've experienced would be great! For instance I've been wondering if Explosive Shuriken is viable/works well at all? It sounds like the AoE portion of the attack is splashed and not on impact? If that's correct, is it any good/useful?!? Lol sounds like such a weird weird power, but interesting all the same!

I'd also be curious to hear what the dominator farming experience has been for those out there that have tried it out! I know /Psy is most likely going to be a crowd favorite there I'd imagine lol.

Look forward to your responses, many thanks!

Thank U GIF by MOODMAN

I only have experience with /fire as my only dom at 50 is a dark/fire. Fire is great if you want to stay at range. Blaze and blazing bolt are my main attacks and my single target damage is massive. The aoe is slow and meh so I rely on my epic choice for aoe. With plant you'll have seeds and creepers to help cut down the minions so I could see plant/fire being a well balanced combo.

I have a plant/fire that I've been switching back and forth between /ice and /fire for the APP.

I love him. Can't go wrong with fire. You can get loads of AoE with /fire for your APP because Embrace of Fire boosts Rain of Fire and Fireball. Amazing ST too. Overall probably the most damaging secondary. My current build is both Fire Breath and Combustion, but I'll probably drop Fire Breath and go back to /fire for my APP.

Psi is good. I haven't gotten one past the twenties because I don't like the feel of the secondary. The secondary is really Drain Psyche and Psychic Shockwave. The cone has good range but is still a cone and is slow activating. The single target range attacks are not very good. The single target melee attacks are good, but it's hard to make a complete chain out of them, and they don't compete with the options available in say Savage Melee or Earth Assault.

You might think about Energy, too. I haven't rolled one yet, but it has comparable ST damage to /fire, no cone, but trades that for an interesting mechanic to it's PBAoE. Power build up is nice for making your controls last a little longer too, I suppose. I may eventually pair this with Dark or just roll another plant lol.

For a farmer, I'd lean toward /Fire or /Psi. The key to both of these sets is a strong endurance management tool. Fire has Consume and Psi has Drain Psyche (which also provides Regen). Either of these sets makes it feasible to take an Alpha devoted to damage (instead of end redux) and Destiny Barrier (instead of Ageless). On balance, this is a huge advantage.

Martial and Rad are both "not bad" sets. Not great. Just "not bad." Nothing about either really stands out. Dominators unfortunately have a number of sets like this that don't stand out in anyparticular way. Icy and Thorny fall into the same category of "not bad" genericness. 

Earth is a set that does differentiate itself. Some players love and others are more lukewarm about it. I'm in the lukewarm camp. Where Fire and Psi provide endurance management, Earth goes the other direction and batters your blue bar. I haven't done a spreadsheet look at how much more or less damage it does than other sets. I've just noted that anecdotally I'm not convinced the high endurance powers pay for themselves with what you get once all the chips are down. However, one plus for Earth at least is that it is interesting.

A possible out I would give to Thorny and Martial Assault is how you rate Caltrops.

Caltrops frankly has amazing DPA. It deals 134 damage with just a 1.32 second cast time. Here's the DPA of Caltrops compared to Fireball and Rain of Fire:

image.png.94999f4852b106e785cef5a06eb2507e.png

The kicker is that it takes 45 seconds to deliver that amount of damage.

If you halve that 45 seconds and allow it to play out for ~22 seconds instead of 45 (ie because stuff died) you end up with a DPA a little below each of these blasts.

image.png.65b9c3cdf0810e40b75350a78fe0c591.png

The longer the fight goes, the better Caltrops gets. If the fight actually lasts 45 seconds, Caltrops produces better DPA than even most single target blasts. Here's the fairly generic Ice blasts for comparison:

image.png.9237e8e589d08c43708b4c8ca19f4ad3.png

Also, you can lay down multiple Caltrops at once. The power recharges in just 45 seconds. You can easily get this to around 20 seconds. A second cast of Caltrops on top of a previous cast drains around 6 health/second. This is almost exactly identical to how much damage Hot Feet applies. If you somehow can get into a situation where mobs are piling into one spot you can even layer on a third cast, for Hot Feet damage x1.5.

(Oh yeah, any readers playing Fire Control, you should never skip Hot Feet. See above.)

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 1

A surprise for me when I did the math is the DPA for some Dominator AoEs is actually higher than some of their single target blasts. You'll note in the example above that Caltrops, Fire Rain and Fireball all do better DPA than Ice Bolt or Ice Blast. So, if you have the endurance to use those and they are up (their base recharge doesn't make a constant chain possible) it's good to throw them in.

I've got a Plant/Martial. To answer your question, Explosive Shuriken is essentially a ST power - the splash damage is barely noticeable. Caltrops does provide good damage (and can be slotted with procs). You also get AoE from Trick Shot, Spinning Kick and Dragon's Tail. Best power in the set is Masterful Throw. Envenomed Blades is meh.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Here is the thing, it is all about what you want to play with. You are dead set on doing Plant as a primary and that is a strong primary. It has a quick repeatable cast on seeds of confusion as your workhorse AOE control. Both Fire and Psi would probably pair well with it. But frankly they pair well with almost anything. Fire you can crank hot feet and chill in melee spamming flashfire and ciders to keep control and still have strong single target attacks. And Psi is much the same way. Both have nice end control but frankly if the goal is to farm by level 50 then you are going perma dom and you are getting a fresh end bar every minute or so anyway. So frankly my standard approach is to normally 3 slot stamina with 2 mods and 1 PerShift proc, and 3 slot health with Panc, miracle, and Numinia. If i get my perma dom up and still feel that i need the help then i do cardiac and just half the cost of all my end costs again in my incarnates.  So really IMO no dom is to tough on end really for that to be to big of a concern.

I have a plant/earth that farms +__4/8 just fine. No end issues or anything. I know people talk about fire and firey embrace with rain of fire, but frankly for doms i mostly go with either the Ice or Mace mastery sets as a patron/epic. Both offer defense which i like more then the resistances in the other sets. Mace offers it right up front which is nice for power choices, and ice you have to take sleet but that gives like and AOE of -20 or so on damage resistances. So more then worth taking to get the defense armor. Plus then if you have space ice storm is a nice AOE for damage also. At least i would say as good as FE cranked rain of fire. 

Quite frankly the real pain in any domiantor set comes down to killing harder targets like the +4 bosses. I mean all doms can perma hold them, its killing them that gets to be the pain in the ass. And earth has i think the biggest selection of heavy hitting ST attacks for that, but also has the fissure attack for AOE, plus then add in sleet and ice storm and you are really getting everything you need. 

Another option is to maybe go a different route. I have a fire/dark dom that i totally love. He has all the control i need to dominate mobs at +4/8 (in missions i dont really farm with him but he might be able to) And i get the AOE of hot feet plus the damage from Imps, and though dark might not hit as heavey it has a couple melee attacks that are nice and the AOE debuffs tohit chances so basically makes just standing in melee range totally safe. That toon i have soloed most AVs you can get to solo. 

Doms are not for everyone but every dom is a bit different. So make one, and play with it. If  you like it then your likely going to want to make another, make that one different. Most people i know that like doms end up with 5-6 of them at least. So i wouldnt get to worried about what one is first. 

• Like 1

Since someone is likely to ask about Envenomed Blades and there isn't a lot of info about it out there, here's what I've been able to find out. Envenomed Blades adds a global proc to your character for 40 seconds that adds Toxic damage to your attacks similar to how incarnate procs work. It uses the following formula to calculate damage:

In PVE:

Envenomed Blades Damage= ((((.8 * minmax(power.base>rechargetime, 0, 25)) + 1.8) * .2) * @StdResult) / power.base>areafactor

Basically what that's saying is the damage is based on a portion of the power's base recharge time (up to 25 seconds), reduced by the "area factor" of the power (so larger AoEs are penalized).

In PVP:

Envenomed Blades Damage= (((Base Activate Time * 0.70) + (minmax(Base Recharge Time, 0, 20) * 0.04)) + 0.40) * Result

The PVP formula basically says this:

• Element 1: Calculate the Activation Time of the power that called this proc times 0.7
  • Element 2: Calculate the Base Recharge Time of the power that called this proc (capped at 20 seconds) times 0.04. Add 0.4 to the result
  • Add Element  and Element 2 together
  • Multiply that by the damage dealt by the power that called this proc

To be honest, I find all of this a bit overwrought. It would seem more straightforward to me for EV to just add a percent of damage to your attack, but that is not what happens.

You should also note that Envenomed Blades is specifically coded not to work in toggle powers. So, EV doesn't add damage to Hot Feet.

I pasted the JSON code from the temp files below if you want a closer look at what it's doing.

Spoiler

{
      "name": "Temporary_Powers.Temporary_Powers.Envenomed_Blades",
      "display_name": "Envenomed Blades",
      "icon": "http://localhost:8000/assets/powers/c0/martialassault_envenomedbladesgrant.png",
      "display_help": "This power adds Toxic damage to all of your attacks",
      "display_short_help": "+Toxic damage",
      "display_info": {
        "Effect Area": "Single Target",
        "Available Level": "1",
        "Power Type": "Global Enhancement",
        "Target Type": "Self"
      },
      "enhancements_allowed": [
        "Enhance Damage"
      ],
      "available_at_level": 1,
      "auto_issue": false,
      "power_type": "Global Enhancement",
      "accuracy": 1.0,
      "effect_area": {
        "area": "SingleTarget"
      },
      "target_type_tags": [
        "Self",
        "Alive",
        "Dead"
      ],
      "display_target_type": "Self",
      "target_auto_hit_tags": [
        [
          "Self",
          "Alive",
          "Dead"
        ]
      ],
      "display_target_auto_hit": [
        "Self"
      ],
      "requires_line_of_sight": true,
      "modes_disallowed": [
        "Disable_All"
      ],
      "activate": {
        "cast_time": 0.0,
        "animation_time": 1.17,
        "animation_time_before_hit": 0.5,
        "recharge_time": 0.0,
        "auto_cast_interval": 2.0,
        "endurance_cost": 0.0
      },
      "usage": {
        "remove_on_limit": true,
        "extend_on_additional_grant": false,
        "lifetime": 40.0
      },
      "effect_groups": [
        {
          "pve_or_pvp": "PVE",
          "visible_in_info_window": true,
          "chance_percent": 100.0,
          "requires": [
            "((!target.isFriend?() && !(power.base>CategoryName == Judgement)) && (power.base>activateperiod == 0)) && (target>enttype == critter)"
          ],
          "effects": [
            {
              "attributes": [
                "Toxic_Dmg"
              ],
              "applies_to": "AbsoluteValue",
              "application_type": "Immediate",
              "target_type": "Affected",
              "magnitude_expression": "((((.8 * minmax(power.base>rechargetime, 0, 25)) + 1.8) * .2) * @StdResult) / power.base>areafactor",
              "duration": "Instant",
              "flags": [
                "CancelOnMiss",
                "IgnoreStrength",
                "ResistMagnitude",
                "CombatModMagnitude"
              ],
              "stacking": {
                "behavior": "Stack",
                "by_caster": true
              },
              "scaled": [
                {
                  "archetype": "Dominator",
                  "damage": 8.76,
                  "average": 8.76,
                  "display_info": [
                    "8.76 toxic damage on target",
                    "Ignores buffs and enhancements"
                  ],
                  "base_value": -58.3907,
                  "scale": 0.15
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        },
        {
          "pve_or_pvp": "PVP",
            "((!target.isFriend?() && !(power.base>CategoryName == Judgement)) && (power.base>activateperiod == 0)) && (target>enttype == player)"
          ],
            {
                "Toxic_Dmg"
              ],
              "magnitude_expression": "(((power.base>activatetime * 0.70) + (minmax(power.base>rechargetime, 0, 20) * 0.04)) + 0.40) * @StdResult",
                "CancelOnMiss",
                "IgnoreStrength",
                "ResistMagnitude",
                "CombatModMagnitude"
              ],
              },
                {
                  ],
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        },
        {
            "(!target.isFriend?() && !(power.base>CategoryName == Judgement)) && !(power.base>activateperiod == 0)"
          ],
            {
                "Toxic_Dmg"
              ],
              "magnitude_expression": "((.11 * minmax(power.base>activateperiod, 0, 2)) * @StdResult) / power.base>areafactor",
                "CancelOnMiss",
                "IgnoreStrength",
                "ResistMagnitude",
                "CombatModMagnitude"
              ],
              },
                {
                  ],
                }
              ]
            }
          ]
        }
      ]
    },

Edited by oedipus_tex

I guess while we're at it, we might as well mention Spinning Kick as well. 

In general with Dominators, you can assume their melee attacks deal better damage than their ranged attacks. Only with Spinning Kick you cannot do this.

Here is where you get to see crotchety Tex: Spinning Kick belongs to an array of powers I find extremely irritating which consist of tiny cones. In this case, the power is a 9ft llong cone with a 90 degree radius. In theory you can fit multiple enemies in there. In practice lining the shot up reliably is a PITA. You can manipulate enemies into the correct position by backing up, but it's all a bit gimmicky to me. YMMV.

It gets worse though. Since Spinning Kick requires no target, you don't even have a guarantee it will hit one enemy. Maybe I'm just bad at aiming. But I'd say in a hectic fight I whiff againt my main target about 20% of the time. The cone is not forgiving, a little to the left or a little to the right and you hit nothing.

I think the developers were thinking Martial Assault would be an AoE heavy Assault set. Trick Shot, Caltrops, and Spinning Kick all support that theory. However in practice Spinning Kick is a very low DPA  melee attack that forces you to be at close range and still only deals as much damage as Exploding Shuriken. There may be a very skilled player out there who can make SK connect reliably and be worth it. I guess that means there's a "reflex" element to Martial that varies in value based on player agility, Street Fighter style. Again YMMV. 

Edited by oedipus_tex
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

I guess while we're at it, we might as well mention Spinning Kick as well. 

In general with Dominators, you can assume their melee attacks deal better damage than their ranged attacks. Only with Spinning Kick you cannot do this.

Here is where you get to see crotchety Tex: Spinning Kick belongs to an array of powers I find extremely irritating which consist of tiny cones. In this case, the power is a 9ft llong cone with a 90 degree radius. In theory you can fit multiple enemies in there. In practice lining the shot up reliably is a PITA. You can manipulate enemies into the correct position by backing up, but it's all a bit gimmicky to me. YMMV.

It gets worse though. Since Spinning Kick requires no target, you don't even have a guarantee it will hit one enemy. Maybe I'm just bad at aiming. But I'd say in a hectic fight I whiff againt my main target about 20% of the time. The cone is not forgiving, a little to the left or a little to the right and you hit nothing.

I think the developers were thinking Martial Assault would be an AoE heavy Assault set. Trick Shot, Caltrops, and Spinning Kick all support that theory. However in practice Spinning Kick is a very low DPA  melee attack that forces you to be at close range and still only deals as much damage as Exploding Shuriken. There may be a very skilled player out there who can make SK connect reliably and be worth it. I guess that means there's a "reflex" element to Martial that varies in value based on player agility, Street Fighter style. Again YMMV. 

When you consider that Spinning Kick has the same end cost as Thunder Kick, only 10% less damage and only 1 sec longer recharge, you're almost getting the AoE for free. I find the cone pretty easy to line up and have no problem getting 3+ foes in it. I usually target the foe I want in the center and hit "F". The melee cones I have issues with are much tighter, like Proton Sweep (7 ft radius and 74 deg arc).

I've been playing a Martial Arts scrapper since 2004. I've been suggesting for years that they replace Storm Kick with Spinning Kick to give the set a cone.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

23 minutes ago, Uun said:

When you consider that Spinning Kick has the same end cost as Thunder Kick, only 10% less damage and only 1 sec longer recharge, you're almost getting the AoE for free. I find the cone pretty easy to line up and have no problem getting 3+ foes in it. I usually target the foe I want in the center and hit "F". The melee cones I have issues with are much tighter, like Proton Sweep (7 ft radius and 74 deg arc).

I've been playing a Martial Arts scrapper since 2004. I've been suggesting for years that they replace Storm Kick with Spinning Kick to give the set a cone.

Thunder Kick is one of the fastest animations available to Dominators at 1.056 secs, while Spinning Kick lasts 1.32 seconds. The resulting DPA is for Thunder Kick is ~86 and for Spinning Kick is ~62. So Thunder Kick deals about 38% more damage for the animation time spent and also Recharges 1 second faster. 

62 DPA honestly isn't terrible... but its also barely any better than Explosive Shuriken at ~62. The kicker (LOL) here is Explosive Shuriken locks into a target. There's a possibility with Spinning Kick you don't line up the shot and hit zero targets. If you're good at lining up the shot it's not terrible. Personally I wish the power just dealt better single target DPA.

Edited by oedipus_tex

Explosive Shuriken is grossly underpowered considering it's really a single target attack (only the DoT is AoE), it has a 12 second recharge and it's a T9. 

Edited by Uun
corrected recharge
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Uun said:

Explosive Shuriken is grossly underpowered considering it's really a single target attack (only the DoT is AoE), it has a 15 second recharge and it's a T9. 

I would agree on this. ES is a disappointing power. (Small correction, the Recharge is 12.)

Overall one glaring flaw in Martial Assault is it has these relatively small AoEs like in ES and SK. Granted the AoE damage in ES is minimal but we can still see the intent there. Archetypes like Scrappers can pull enemies into position of these attacks. But a Dominator's opening move is likely to be some kind of Stun, Hold, or patch. Only Plant Control or (sometimes) Mind Control is really in a position to be manipulating stuff into position because of Confusion, or perhaps you could use Wormhole.

At least Fold Space exists now.

Edited by oedipus_tex

One way to get around the aiming difficulties of Spinning Kick would be to take Cross Punch also. Then you use Cross Punch to turn your character to the enemy, put a FF +Recharge in both CP and SK, and run a perma-Dom pretty early. Or, alternately, use the +Recharge buffs to get around wanting to run 4 different pools with a Defense power for LotGs, which opens up Fold

Space... and which works well because that will group up the mobs nicely for the CP/SK (and Dragon's Tail) combo.

One advantage to /rad is that it is defense debuff heavy.  Being plant If you really want to maximize your confused enemies beating each other up, flooring their defense really helps with that.  Otherwise I've noticed confused enemies miss each other a LOT.

Other than that though, I agree /fire or /earth are generally better among the choices listed.

Here's my 2 inf:

So far, I've only tried /Ice, /Fire, /Energy, and /Martial. Now it's rather hard to compare them directly because how strong they are depends on their build; their build depends on their play style; and their play style depends on their primaries (and a little on concept and theme).

Of the 4,

/Ice is the only one with T4 incarnates, and it really shines in endgame and in teams. Solo, not so much... She can hold and slow down big mobs, but she hits like a wet noodle, only colder.

I tried to play the /Energy like a blapper (scrapinator, brutinator???) and was rather disappointed. Again, maybe due to my build.
Fire/Fire was my first ever dominator, and I'm quite certain I didn't build him right.

All of them are rather late bloomers. the three other than ice could only handle +2x4 above level 40 (ice was much later). Now this could be attributed to my newbness or how sucky I am at builds. But on that they are almost on the same footing, so it all relatively evens out. I'd have to say /Martial is the most fun. I ended up taking minimal primaries so I can take all the kicks and shuriken throws (plus some def/res/heal/utility on the side). 

Is /Martial the strongest damage-wise? I'm not sure. I don't have the digits to back it up. But it's certainly the most fluid and the most enjoyable of my 4 doms. Again, it may be largely due to how they were built, and I suspect how fleshed out their concepts are. (my Dark/Martial is a Ninja with minimal mystical powers, a big black dog, and a lot of skill with kicks and throwing stars).

I recently rolled another one: Ice/Martial (like a Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero). I look forward to trying him out soon. Bottom line? If it's fun to play, it doesn't matter if it's not that strong.

Edited by Six-Six

I was leveling a grav/ice for a bit but I stopped because I had massive endurance issues. I'm not sure if it was due to chilling embrace, or because some of my ice powers lacked damage so I had to spam more attacks. He was geared out on enhancements too. I was barely able to handle +1/x3 or +2/x2, no bosses.

Didn't have permadom yet but I already had singularity

Icey can be brutal on the blue bar because of the PBAoE aura but also because of the huge endurance cost of Ice Sword Circle. 20 endurance, as much as Tornado. Since Ice Sword Circle unlocks at level 4 versus most other PBAoEs showing up later, it can obliterate your bar before you have the ability to make its end cost reasonable. And even in the late game is still an expensive power.

My recent dom I've built on beta and now is building on live is Mind/Martial. My play-style is mainly like a mid-ranged. So I didn't take any of the kicks in Martial since there's just not enough points and to me they're not strong enough to justify them. It's 100% fun to me yet the strength is mainly on TK and Caltrops combo. I got to build pretty cold build having like .78 end use at 50 then I went Vigor radial made me much cooler. Where I could play with TK up and it wouldn't really bite into my end. Then putting the Frozen Blast set on Caltrops been my thing for a year now. Honestly I think that's the #1 skill that makes use of the proc since I've used it on "rain" type skills and wouldn't get a single proc. Yet on Caltrops it is thing a beauty to have 2-3 patches down and having mobs just melt because they're either immo, feared, confused, and or held on top of them. Exploding Shuriken is underpowered since it should be a t9 "Fireball" of sorts. Or give the "AOE" aspect a KD since that dot is more so for visual cool points. Envenomed Blades is interesting to have since its is kinda easy to perma it, the "damage" is so so but the ToHit is nice. Also I'm thinking of switching my points invested in Shuriken throw for Levitate and skipping mesmerize.

When it comes down to secondaries I am comfortable with I would say Savage is the overall "best" if you have a primary with PBAOEs. From my own experience, it's Dark, Fire, Plant(its works with everything), Ice and Elec. Martial is good if you wanna play a bit on "hard mode". Fire is always good in this game. I personally don't like Psi and honestly started to get annoyed at how much you need to invest in the Earth side for it to be good which and leave a primary weak. I honestly need to hop on the beta and make a plant/thorn to see if my theories for it are right.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, oedipus_tex said:

Spinning Kick is a very low DPA  melee attack

I really didn't understand the reductions to Martial Assault that happened last year.  I was interested in the set up to that point.  It certainly didn't seem overpowered to me, and the reductions were overdone.  I haven't been able to bring myself to play it since.  It no longer has anything compelling about it.

• Like 1