Pure Ranged Fortunata / Soul Mastery Build

Hi folks,

I'm working on a pure Ranged Fortunata build. Pretty much all blasting, the cooldowns don't seem worth the durations to me on the AoE controls on a Fortunata, but I'd love to hear thoughts about how it looks or what I could do better. It's a bit overcapped on defense, but I was mostly doing that for the team support, if people have good experience with the AoE hold, I was considering that in place of Maneuers. Went with Intuitive Radial Alpha for the Damage / Slow / Range enhancements since Range is so potent on long cones and this build has 2, plus some extra to-hit debuff from the Soul powers.

The extra unspent slot is for another damage proc in Dark Obliteration, can't place it in Mids due to level restriction.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Arachnos Widow
Primary Power Set: Fortunata Training
Secondary Power Set: Fortunata Teamwork
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast

• (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Decimation - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Decimation - Chance of Build Up
  • (50) Explosive Strike - Chance for Smashing Damage

Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 2: Subdue

• (A) Entropic Chaos - Accuracy/Damage
  • (5) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Recharge
  • (7) Entropic Chaos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (11) Entropic Chaos - Chance of Heal Self
  • (48) Trap of the Hunter - Chance of Damage(Lethal)

Level 4: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (9) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 6: Tactical Training: Maneuvers

• (A) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance
  • (11) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (43) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (43) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 8: Psychic Scream

• (A) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage
  • (13) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (13) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (15) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Superior Dominion of Arachnos - Recharge/Chance for -Dmg and Terrorize
  • (45) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 10: Indomitable Will

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (15) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 12: Dominate

• (A) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (17) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (19) Devastation - Chance of Hold
  • (29) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
  • (45) Superior Spider's Bite - RechargeTime/Global Toxic

Level 14: Psionic Tornado

• (A) Bombardment - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge/Endurance
  • (19) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage
  • (25) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (31) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 16: Combat Jumping

Level 18: Aim

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 20: Tactical Training: Leadership

• (A) HamiO:Cytoskeleton Exposure
  • (21) HamiO:Cytoskeleton Exposure
  • (21) HamiO:Cytoskeleton Exposure
  • (23) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 22: Mask Presence

• (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance

Level 24: Foresight

• (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge

Level 26: Maneuvers

• (33) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (34) Red Fortune - Defense
  • (40) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Red Fortune - Endurance

Level 28: Super Jump

• (A) Unbounded Leap - +Stealth

Level 30: Mind Link

• (34) Red Fortune - Defense/Recharge
  • (34) Red Fortune - Endurance/Recharge
  • (36) Red Fortune - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (36) Red Fortune - Defense

Level 32: Psychic Wail

• (A) Armageddon - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (37) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 35: Gloom

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (39) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (48) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
  • (50) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage

Level 38: Soul Tentacles

• (A) Artillery - Accuracy/Damage
  • (39) Artillery - Endurance/Recharge/Range
  • (39) Artillery - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Artillery - Accuracy/Recharge/Range
  • (46) Bombardment - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Bombardment - Chance for Fire Damage

Level 41: Dark Obliteration

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (42) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (48) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown

Level 44: Tactical Training: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 47: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 49: Tactical Training: Vengeance

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden

Level 2: Rest

Edited by Draeth Darkstar

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

On 1/28/2021 at 8:53 AM, Draeth Darkstar said:

if people have good experience with the AoE hold, I was considering that in place of Maneuers.

Total Domination has too long a downtime to be relied on IMHO. Having said that, however, it is an easy source for an additional 7.5% +recharge if you can spare the slots to put 4 x Basilisk's Gaze in there. 

1 hour ago, Icono04 said:

Total Domination has too long a downtime to be relied on IMHO. Having said that, however, it is an easy source for an additional 7.5% +recharge if you can spare the slots to put 4 x Basilisk's Gaze in there. 

I respeced out of Total Domination, despite the opportunity to slot multiple %damage procs or the chance to acquire more Global +Recharge (as suggested above). Despite my deep distaste for enemies that run away, I found that my mission clear times were improved by using Aura of Confusion instead. On my pure ranged Fortunata slots were tight, so it is slotted only with 2 pieces of Malaise's Illusions: Accuracy/Recharge and %damage. If I could spare a 3rd slot I would add the other %damage proc.

It looks as if the OP build is very deliberately chasing particular set bonuses. I encourage you to explore (using Unslotters) how your build plays without some of the set bonuses, because I feel like there may be some opportunities for alternate slotting to improve Offensive output:

Psychic Wail: IMO, this deserves a 6th slot with an additional %damage proc. I know that 5-slotting Armageddon works against the %proc rate, but the radius is large enough that I think it is worthwhile to roll the dice for extra damage.

Psychic Scream: If you find you can live with slightly less Global +Recharge (and Accuracy), it is my experience that ranged cone attacks are very good candidates for franken-slotting. My pure ranged Fortunata runs with

• 2x HO Centriole (Damage / Range)
  • ATO Superior Dominion of Arachnos (Recharge / %-Damage / %Terrorize)
  • %Lethal (Javelin Volley)
  • %Energy (Positron's Blast)
  • %Fire (Bombardment)

On paper, this slotting looks to be only a slight improvement in damage (relying on RNGesus), but I found that the increased size of the cone improves the utility of it as an attack... again, the enemy AI will have them all-over-the-place, so the larger 30° cone (80+ feet versus 60 feet) helps once I'm in missions.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2021 at 9:46 AM, tidge said:

Psychic Wail: IMO, this deserves a 6th slot with an additional %damage proc. I know that 5-slotting Armageddon works against the %proc rate, but the radius is large enough that I think it is worthwhile to roll the dice for extra damage.

Good thought. I'm not sure where I'll pull the slots from, though. Maybe dumping Maneuvers is the way to go for a low slot alternative.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:46 AM, tidge said:

Psychic Scream: If you find you can live with slightly less Global +Recharge (and Accuracy), it is my experience that ranged cone attacks are very good candidates for franken-slotting. My pure ranged Fortunata runs with

• 2x HO Centriole (Damage / Range)
  • ATO Superior Dominion of Arachnos (Recharge / %-Damage / %Terrorize)
  • %Lethal (Javelin Volley)
  • %Energy (Positron's Blast)
  • %Fire (Bombardment)

On paper, this slotting looks to be only a slight improvement in damage (relying on RNGesus), but I found that the increased size of the cone improves the utility of it as an attack... again, the enemy AI will have them all-over-the-place, so the larger 30° cone (80+ feet versus 60 feet) helps once I'm in missions.

I figure my cone aiming is going to be limited by Soul Tentacles' shorter range, so I went more for slotting that one for Range instead. It's still smaller than Psychic Scream, but they're closeish as is.

@Draeth Darkstar

Virtue and Freedom Survivor

1 minute ago, Draeth Darkstar said:

I figure my cone aiming is going to be limited by Soul Tentacles' shorter range, so I went more for slotting that one for Range instead. It's still smaller than Psychic Scream, but they're closeish as is.

My attitude is biased/informed by this: I very rarely use Immobilizes, except on Controllers and Dominators. I don't have any on my VEAT builds, unless they are from secondary effects. I can understand how the Soul Tentacles can work for other players but they aren't for me. I also recognize the vale some of multi-piece set bonuses can bring to slotting Targeted AoE powers, so I'd never advocate a particular power/slotting choice over another.

I have found that the cones (Psychic Scream, Static Discharge) and PBAoE on my ranged Fortunata are already 'tricky' to use effectively unless both I and the enemies are mobile. I certainly do end up with runners, but I feel like at least half the time that's because of some inherent resistance to immobilize and half the time it is because of RNG misses... so longer (cone)  range helps me target those, at least on certain maps/rooms.

For what it is worth, my ranged Fortunata uses three attacks from the Mu Patron pool (Mu Lightning @6, Ball Lightning @6, Static Discharge @5) and each of them has only set bonuses (respectively: Thunderstrike @6, Annihilation @6, Positron @5). I only mention this to demonstrate that I'm not a complete 'franken-monster'. I want those Endurance, Accuracy and Defense bonuses!

IIRC, my ranged Fortunata also franken-slotted Dominate, but I'm not as big an advocate of this as other players. Dominate is a fast, single-target attack so with no recharge slotting at all: I think it the typical %proc chance is around 60%. This probably explains my slotting:

• (common) Damage IO
  • %toxic (Gladiator's Javelin)
  • %psionic (Neuronic Shutdown)
  • %lethal (Gladiator's Net)
  • %negative (Apocalypse)
  • %smashing (Unbreakable Constraint)

My global Accuracy bonuses are pretty high, so I don't sweat adding accuracy to the attacks. I'm pretty sure I picked the %damage procs to make sure they work across all level ranges; this is something my picks for Psychic Scream won't do... but choices. I personally don't think that the bonuses from Devastation are all that great (IIRC the damage buffs are only on base damage, not on enhanced or %proc damage) and the level range doesn't really align with the power's level. You can always get some more recharge (from Basilisk's Gaze) in a low-level Hold power.

I have one last piece of advice if you are looking to pick up a single slot. This involves ditching 5-piece bonuses from Red Fortune in Mind Link. My slotting of Mind Link (on my ranged Fortunata) is:

• Adjusted Targeting (attuned): Recharge
  • Luck of the Gambler (attuned): Defense / Global Recharge
  • Shield Wall (50+5): Defense / Recharge
  • Shield Wall: Global Resistance

The first three pieces are, I believe, the most efficient way (fewest slots) to get the most Recharge and most Defense slotted in Mind Link... assuming that you don't have 5 LotG elsewhere in the build. I went with 2xShield Wall here because I wanted to slot the Global Resistance somwhere and I thought I might as well leverage the ability to boost one piece and get a set bonus... but replacing the Shield Wall with an attuned LotG Def/Recharge also works.

PVP piece may look expensive, but if you play x8 content you ought to be getting PVP recipe drops and you can play converter roulette to get the ones you want (or ones you can sell on the AH to buy the ones you want).

I use Total Domination a lot.  I think it is worth taking.  Obviously Aura of Confusion would have little value on a ranged Fortunata but the single target confuse would still be very powerful as a ranged tool to target the most worrisome enemy in each mob before fully engaging the mob.  My experience is that a Fortunata needs to compensate for minimal hit points and a lack of healing/regeneration with an aggressive use of controls and proc-heavy attacks. 

To that end I would recommend using as many procs as possible in Soul Tentacles, Dark Obliteration & Dominate.  Much like you have already done with Psionic Tornado.  You have the To Hit and Accuracy to make that happen.  But endurance will be an issue.  Which is why you have obviously slotted Tornado as you have.

The difference between 1 slot and 5 slots in both Maneuvers is about 1% extra defense for each power.  Not sure that is worth the 8 slots.  But obviously set bonuses are nice.

I would frankenslot Mind Link to include the Shield Wall and Reactive Defenses specials.  It will increase your Mind Link recharge and also give you more resistance.  You should also get the Preventive Medicine proc.

A Force Feedback special in Psionic Tornado is fairly helpful and would take some of the pressure off of chasing recharge bonuses in sets.

Not going to talk you out of going all ranged - but a Fortunata seems most powerful right in the middle of everything.  Passing up Spin, Follow Up and Aura of Confusion seems a steep price to pay.

My build just as a comparison:

http://www.cohplanner.com/mids/download.php?uc=1530&c=736&a=1472&f=HEX&dc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

I don't really think of my Fortunata as having melee or ranged attacks.  I consider the attacks as either Single Target or AOE attacks.  I find Follow Up, Dominate and Lunge are all I need for a great single target attack chain.  TK Blast as a 4th option if needed.  For groups, counting the Judgement attack my build has 6 AOE attacks - all of which work well in close range.  Being able to always have 2-5 proc-heavy AOE attacks up and ready is a huge benefit.  I also alternate between Aura of Confusion and Total Domination and use the single target confuse when dealing with tougher mobs - like Carnies and Longbow.  Those three controls are exceptionally powerful.  But the AOE's alone are usually enough for easier mobs.  All together it is an enormous amount of control and firepower.   Your ranged Fortunata has all the firepower (6 cone/AOE attacks including Judgement and great ST attacks like Subdue and Gloom) but is missing nearly all the control.  So I feel you are losing leverage against those tougher mobs.

For additional survival, I alternate between Rune of Protection and Melee Core Embodiment for extra resistance.  The Melee Core Embodiment breaks stealth so I lean more heavily on Rune of Protection.  I use Spirit Ward as a free slot to place the Absorb proc from Preventive Medicine since it fires off even in a power you don't actually use.  I also like using the Entomb Absorb proc in Total Domination.  I use the Vigor Alpha for the endurance reduction and the accuracy to drive all the proc attacks.  The healing is wasted but such is life.  I went for the Ageless Destiny power since mobs die too fast for me to need a heal and the extra Debuff Resistance defense is very helpful - as well as the extra endurance and recharge.

The great thing about a Fortunata is that you can get great survival out of very few powers and slots - which allows for a lot more emphasis on attacks and controls.  Which is largely what you seem to be aiming for and accomplishing in your build.  It is a good build.  🙂

Just my two cents.

I skipped TT: Leadership and Vengeance on my ranged Fortunata. I might add TT: leadership again though, at the cost of losing Soul Tentacles. For me, I had no problems finding 5 LotG slots, which is why I skipped Vengeance.

I set slotted Mind Link with Reactive Defenses because the bonuses are really nice (and the +res global). I was able to get it in perma still.

I took total domination along with aura of confusion, since I wanted more AoE CC. In total domination, i went 4 Basilisk with +5 boosters in the rech, accuracy boosting enhancements along with a Lockdown +2 Mag proc so I can lock down bosses as well. With Aura of Confusion, I slotted 5 slot (purple set) Coercive Persuasion with Contagious Confusion proc.... the proc let's you confuse bosses in a mob too. I didn't bother 6 slotting Coercive Persuasion, even though I usually do it, because I don't need the +5% ranged defense.

My AoE damage is dependent on cycling Scream - PsiNado. With the Ragnarok proc on Psi Scream, i can juggle mobs by cycling the two skills. It's another bonus AoE CC imo when AoE confusion and total domination is on CD. Damage is very meh though.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:16 PM, DZKFire said:

I skipped TT: Leadership and Vengeance on my ranged Fortunata. I might add TT: leadership again though, at the cost of losing Soul Tentacles. For me, I had no problems finding 5 LotG slots, which is why I skipped Vengeance.

TT:Leadership has a nice interaction with the Gaussians Chance for +BuildUp proc - It has a 6.5% chance to go off every 10 seconds per teammate in range (including yourself and any pets).

On a team of eight, that's a 52% chance for it to go off every ten seconds. Throw in a Mastermind with a full bank of pets and you've got an 84% chance for it to go off. 

TT:Leadership is a good power anyway if you team as it allows sidekicked-up teammates to contribute more, but the interaction with the Gaussian's proc lets you skim the equivalent of an extra SO enhancement in each of your damage powers off a full team, albeit on a random basis.

It's your bonus for doing such a good job leadershipping. 

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

• 2 weeks later

Took me a while to find current ranged fort build, i'm finding hp bonuses make a huge difference when i have no heal. It runs ageless and musculature and while it looks like theres some downtime on hasten the ff+rech in tk blast and psi nado fire off often enough sub 45 and over 45 ageless bumps it to perma too:

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Arachnos Widow
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Sorcery

Villain Profile:
------------
Level 1:    Telekinetic Blast        SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprSpdBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic:50(37), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(40), OvrFrc-Dam/KB:50(43), GldJvl-Dam%:50(45)
Level 1:    Combat Training: Defensive        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), Ksm-ToHit+:30(17)
Level 2:    Subdue                SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(9), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), GldJvl-Dam/End/Rech:50(37), GldJvl-Dam%:50(37), GldJvl-Acc/Dmg:50(50)
Level 4:    Tactical Training: Maneuvers        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-Def:50(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(7), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(7)
Level 6:    Super Speed            BlsoftheZ-Travel:50(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(11)
Level 8:    Hasten                RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(9)
Level 10:    Indomitable Will        GldArm-End/Res:50(A), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(11)
Level 12:    Dominate            SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg:50(13), SprDmnofA-Dmg/Rchg:50(13), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), UnbCns-Dam%:50(39)
Level 14:    Psionic Tornado            PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(A), PstBls-Dam%:50(15), SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%:50(15), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(17), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg:50(19), Bmbdmt-Acc/Rech/End:50(19)
Level 16:    Combat Jumping            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 18:    Aim                RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 20:    Mask Presence            ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(A), ShlWal-Def:50(21), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(21)
Level 22:    Foresight            ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(A), ShlWal-Def:50(23), ShlWal-Def/Rchg:50(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(29)
Level 24:    Mind Link            Rct-ResDam%:50(A), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg:50(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx:50(25), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(27), Rct-Def:50(27), Rct-Def/Rchg:50(29)
Level 26:    Tactical Training: Assault        EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 28:    Maneuvers            LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A), ShlWal-Def:50(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx:50(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:50(31)
Level 30:    Tactical Training: Leadership        GssSynFr--Build%:50(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(48)
Level 32:    Psychic Wail            Arm-Dam%:50(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), Arm-Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg:50(34)
Level 35:    Gloom                Apc-Dam%:50(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(39), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(40), Apc-Dmg:50(46)
Level 38:    Soul Tentacles            PstBls-Dam%:50(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rng:50(48), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(50), PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(50)
Level 41:    Psychic Scream            PstBls-Dam%:50(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng:50(42), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(42), PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(43)
Level 44:    Dark Obliteration        Rgn-Knock%:50(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(45), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Rgn-Dmg:50(46)
Level 47:    Tactical Training: Vengeance        LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49:    Mystic Flight            WntGif-ResSlow:50(A)
Level 1:    Brawl                Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Dash        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Slide        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Quick        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Rush        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Prestige Power Surge        Empty(A)
Level 1:    Sprint                Clr-Stlth:50(A)
Level 1:    Conditioning    
Level 2:    Rest                Empty(A)
Level 4:    Ninja Run    
Level 2:    Swift                Run-I:50(A)
Level 2:    Health                Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), Pnc-Heal/+End:50(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(5)
Level 2:    Hurdle                Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2:    Stamina                PrfShf-End%:50(A), PwrTrns-+Heal:50(3), PrfShf-EndMod:50(34), PwrTrns-EndMod:50(40)
Level 50:    Musculature Core Paragon    
------------
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1471;687;1374;HEX;|
|78DA6594CB4F135118C5EFB453915204A414B00296774B193A881A9F842020AF480|
|2C16533691B682C9D3A85A04B17EE9587E03F6074E346A3FE2DBAF20FE0A1266E14|
|F1CB9C6321E9A4CDAF73EE3DDF3DF7BB9D997D7C37F06EE2E9B0D282A339AB584C8|
|E38566A396F17930FB2697BDD376B2D65535E2557857C23AE985C70AC6C3E9B5F32|
|C66D67752D6FAD5A2529BC90B156D66DE7E1E9314ACA3F67DB3963BE90C9A403EEC|
|F998C551053CDFF9B74C6292E670B189CB79D54C679121A2B6453C6E2D8C84272DE|
|5ECB2567ADE2AAC84D12A75BBECF038AD7B14FE574A54C5D456CB0F311D8F3CCE33|
|2F6CDEB321E0747FD62D35CAFA61A3457AB3D92DB165DBD087048EA6A2BA873360F|
|761458DF409D4ED633A3E098D4F5A2AED7CBBAFA14C6CE8C93936087F4D5877534D|
|F17E4F47F05DB65AC82F92AFA143290E3B24625C72A4DD4F20F825B92BD8AD9AB76|
|A105B6C86DAEFB92DC01BB27B1E6B678ABE9ADFE80B5CE7D265F616E2DFB79DEE30|
|3FFA21F21C95B834CAA86FBDE907A75A8A7EA98FD8E64AFC73C4FFD346A06D99F20|
|FB3329731AD8C3066A21CE094D80171B35F7AC86656E23E6FA1A7F62ACE9903C002|
|FFC20F7E9FD0E4E88B799999B23C85727FB0873ED30F7D1CAB55B99A595E7774FFC|
|2DDC4BCB5BF465E00DF91ADC951EB4A1077ADB6D68976E91D7C91B60E426F85BCAB|
|7D3D36E42EB4E9003608F01F6C7C13FE2E9A2A78B6716FB040E7C044D9EA9F91EDC|
|946CBDF4F4D213A5274A4F949E183D47B24E1F3D7DD7B076FC2A79859986C841704|
|4FA64F07F60B0A79B1236412D11E6B9E8A5E7593E72A95899922853CC32E5729932|
|54A6CCE8A5E75F1E26E4BC7FA21DCFE9A57780D25C4765AD3CD9508EF764471ADD5|
|A3F3A7370A279B429F9D1A32B4F043BD317B1EBFDD3BE5EF80E4F34AFB683249E5F|
|7C9B6DF0B40F713F5D2F60C27F951AE18F|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

• 1 month later
  • 2 months later

I designed this mostly as a joke when someone asked me to make the most Sentinel-like SoA that I could. I took that to mean making it as tough as possible while doing ok all-range damage. This won't be nearly as offensive as your build (you have double-assault and more cone attacks), but serving in a tanky role, I think it could have some uses.

Build:

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.6
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Sentinel of Arachnos: Level 50 Mutation Arachnos Widow
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Telekinetic Blast -- SprSpdBit-Rchg/Global Toxic(A), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg(3), SprSpdBit-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprSpdBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Combat Training: Defensive -- Rct-ResDam%(A)
Level 2: Subdue -- SprDmnofA-Rchg/DmgFear%(A), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg(11), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11), SprDmnofA-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), SprDmnofA-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), TraoftheH-Dam%(15)
Level 4: Tactical Training: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(15), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(17), ShlWal-Def(17), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(19)
Level 6: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Spirit Ward -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 10: Indomitable Will -- GldArm-End/Res(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(19)
Level 12: Dominate -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(21), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(21), NrnSht-Dam%(23), GldNet-Dam%(23), UnbCns-Dam%(25)
Level 14: Psionic Tornado -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Rgn-Dmg(48), Rgn-Knock%(49), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 16: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Mask Presence -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(25), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(27), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(27), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(29)
Level 22: Foresight -- ShlWal-Def(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(29), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 24: Mind Link -- ShlWal-Def/Rchg(A), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(33)
Level 26: Rune of Protection -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34)
Level 28: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(37)
Level 30: Weave -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(37), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(39)
Level 32: Psychic Wail -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dam%(40), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(42)
Level 35: Gloom -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg(42), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 38: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Dark Obliteration -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(46), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(46)
Level 44: Aura of Confusion -- CrcPrs-Conf(A), CrcPrs-Conf/Rchg(46), CrcPrs-Acc/Conf/Rchg(47), CrcPrs-Acc/Rchg(47), CrcPrs-Conf/EndRdx(47), CrcPrs-Conf%(48)
Level 47: Combat Training: Offensive -- Acc-I(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(49)
Level 1: Conditioning | Hidden 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7), Mrc-Rcvry+(9)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(9)
Level 50: Born In Battle 
Level 50: High Pain Threshold 
Level 50: Invader 
Level 50: Marshal 
------------
------------

I took Fighting Pool and Sorcery to have a patch to as much resistance as possible. I build for 30% resistance in S/L/E/N/F/C, while having Rune of Protection there to occassionally give me 70% to those resistances (before scaling resistance kicks in). Is it overkill? Absolutely. Will it be fun? Probably not. But hey, it was a neat concept to me and it was interesting to see its potential.

Pros:

Almost 1600 HPs 

Defense: 68% Melee, 61% Range/AoE, 45% Psi

Resistance: 29% S/L, 35% E/N, 32% F/C, 70% Psi 

WIth RoP active, 68%+ to all (if your health goes below 60% you will basically be 85% res to S/L/E/N/F/C

+2.32 end/sec (so not too end hungry)

Cons:

Damage, especially in AoE. Psionic Tornado and Dark Obliteration won't do much since they're not proc'd out.

Support (no Assaults, no Leadership)

With RoP active (does +38.54% resistance)

image.thumb.png.d29509a5ab6febc505f36eb09b7ab18d.png

image.thumb.png.ce1bf841bd0597de4a1dbce2c5c39c87.png

image.thumb.png.051b579e0cf636dea750d7900a34dc61.png

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Bopper - using five sets of Shield Wall is a bold move!  🙂

Inspired by your recent Fortuna build posts and the recent changes to Rune of Protection and the Power Transfer Proc - I've been reworking my build to boost up defense and passive healing while still trying to maintain good offense and control.  Between Foresight, RoP and Melee Core Embodiment I have a good amount of resistance potential as well.  It's been a hoot to play.  Here is the build as it currently stands:

https://www.midsreborn.com/builds/download.php?uc=1430&c=712&a=1424&f=HEX&dc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

Edited by scottocamp

12 hours ago, scottocamp said:

Bopper - using five sets of Shield Wall is a bold move! 

Haha, I was certainly chasing the EN resistance (22.5%), but the HP buffs were nice too (11.25%). 

As for your build, I did contemplate the use of the heal procs for some extra layers of survivability but wound up preferring the damage more. Since Arachnos have a low base HP the proc only does about 53 heal. It's still good, but it just didn't feel like enough for me to chase it. You'll have to let us know how the extra heals work out for your build.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn