City of Data v2.0

Minor bug, I think because something's cached and needs rebuilding: This page listing Superior Avalanche calls the last piece in the set "Attuned Superior Avalanche: Recharge/Chance for Knockback", but that piece's own page, as well as the search bar, etc. all name it as "[...] Chance for Knockdown". Looks like the Boostset Group pages need rebuilding since all of that enhancement name stuff happened.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

• 4 months later
  • 2 weeks later

Stupid question of the night: How do I read the kHitPoints variable for checking on powers - SR's passives, Radiation, et alia... Is it the difference from max, amount remaining? Does it matter if there are buffs to the base numbers via sets/accolades/powers?

Trying to more accurately understand SR and how to play it...

Death is the best debuff.

32 minutes ago, Errants said:

Stupid question of the night: How do I read the kHitPoints variable for checking on powers - SR's passives, Radiation, et alia... Is it the difference from max, amount remaining? Does it matter if there are buffs to the base numbers via sets/accolades/powers?

Trying to more accurately understand SR and how to play it...

You have 3 auto powers that give scaling resistance. Each one works the same. *note, if you're a Stalker, let me know and I will give you other info as they are slightly different.

Each of these powers will start granting you resistance when your health dips below 60% of your Max HP. It will scale linearly to a maximum value of 20% resistance, at 0% health.

With all 3 combined, it will scale to a total of 60% resistance at 0% health.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

10 hours ago, Bopper said:

You have 3 auto powers that give scaling resistance. Each one works the same. *note, if you're a Stalker, let me know and I will give you other info as they are slightly different.

Each of these powers will start granting you resistance when your health dips below 60% of your Max HP. It will scale linearly to a maximum value of 20% resistance, at 0% health.

With all 3 combined, it will scale to a total of 60% resistance at 0% health.

Yup, specifically a stalker... Okay, so it doesn't kick in until I go below 60% max HP... Current (level, any+HP from sets/accolades/buffs), class max, base (no enhancement/powers/accolades) max?

I feel as tho I should start wanting to hit a green when I'm about 1/3-1/4 of my health bar left... to max resistances without getting gibbed by chips.

• 3 weeks later

CoD is updated with today's release!

Please note that only the "Live" section has been update but the "Alpha" section is out of date. Since Alpha wasn't where most of the late testing for I27 was happening, it was left in a no-man's land where it was ahead of what the old parser code but behind the latest Beta / Live layout.

There is a "Beta" data section, accessible by clicking the . Right now it probably looks just like "Live" so it's not very useful.

There were quite a few "structural" changes to AT and power data for this release, so there is definitely a chance things have gone wrong. I did some basic spot checking but I was working pretty fast so I probably missed things. 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

So... where has UberGuy been?

Life has thrown me quite a few curves over the last 9 months or so.

I'm happy to say that most have just been part of getting married and picking up two kids (not counting the two cats). Needless to say, my free time is sometimes consumed by new things - this is not a complaint. The kids are mostly grown and not really living at home any more, but there was a chunk of the last 9 months where they very much were, and that still takes time and attention. And after that we've still been celebrating graduations, helping move them into dorms, and so on. There have also been a couple of crises along the way, but overall the kids have weathered them admirably.

My wife, who is a high school teacher, works far from our home, so she stays by the school during the week and is only home on weekends and during breaks. That means that, since last August, I mostly only get her home on weekends. Now, she has her own stuff to do, so it's not like we're hanging out every hour of every weekend, but when she wants to do stuff together, that's my priority right now.

We also have been planning / executing some significant updates to the house - the kind that involve contractors. This often involves moving exiting stuff around or just throwing old stuff out. (Not nearly as much as my wife would like, but she accepts that I'm only a little bit of a hoarder. That my dad is one like, for real helps set the bar. 😛)

And there have been a number of deaths in my relatively immediate family. Nothing dramatic, per se, just old and / or sick folks passing on, but that doesn't make it easy. And some of my time has been spent being there for other family members, particularly my dad.

The good news is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel as far as time to work on CoD (and maybe play CoH again) goes. My wife is leaving teaching after this spring, and will (like me) work out of our home full time. (I work in IT and am a remote corporate employee, but she'll be self-employed.) Both kids will be away at college, and probably not home much except for holidays and whatnot. And while I can't know that folks won't stop passing away, but if they don't, I'll run out of relatives soon.  (That sounded darker than I mean it to...)

As usual, every time I come back to this to work on a big release I find stuff that makes doing it hard, question why the hell that's the case and try to improve it. So that was part of why getting back in the saddle for this update only took a couple of calendar days. Hopefully that'll mean I am even more productive when I get more "real" bandwidth to do this. I'm wasn't planning to go anywhere and stop working on it so long, but sometimes the plans come for you anyway.

Edited by UberGuy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 6

7 hours ago, UberGuy said:

So... where has UberGuy been?

Life has thrown me quite a few curves over the last 9 months or so.

Speaking as someone who has also recently returned to CoH after going AWOL for a few years to pick up the [Married] and [Daughter] and [Son] achievement badges...
...Welcome Back.

For me, CoH is one of those odd edge cases where there is sufficient rose-tinted nostalgia to make me want to play it again AND where logging in and actually running a character through a few random missions/TFs/story arcs is genuinely enjoyable (rather than such a grind that it feels like a second day job, like some other old MMORPGS I could mention...)

That said, please don't burn yourself out.
I know personally how tough it can be to get free time whenever you have lots of other new RL commitments; and taking a breather to detox/recharge is very important for mental health. It's not great if you constantly feel like you're trudging uphill in the snow with a tractor strapped to your back; regardless of how many people are relying on you to keep going.
So if updating CoD feels like "work" rather than "play" then by all means take a step back and let it sit slightly out-of-date for a bit.
CoDv2 is a great + very useful resource; but the playerbase will survive if its updates don't quite manage to match the breakneck pace of the Homecoming dev team! 😉

Edited by Maelwys
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vanden said:

Hm, I'm looking at CoD now and it seems like only Beta is up to date; Live is missing the new APPs and the renames of the existing APPs.

They're in there (e.g., here is the Blaster Dark Mastery), but the listing of what powers an AT has don't seem to have refreshed.

If you go to the listing of all powersets in the "Epic" powerset category, a cursory scan through shows all the new ones are in there now. You'll need to set the AT manually on the power pages, but it's all available.

Also, I just wanted to add my usual combination of profuse thanks, and reporting any and all weirdness I can find. All of which so far is just in the Δs and such not appearing in the description/name/etc. of Δ K'ong. Obviously I didn't expect it in the search, like with "Freakshow_Supr_St|_|n3r", but it should probably display on the page.

Seriously, though. I'm likely to spend a decent bit of time diving into all the new stuff. Been very much looking forward to this. Thanks, Uber!

5 hours ago, BillyMailman said:

Also, I just wanted to add my usual combination of profuse thanks, and reporting any and all weirdness I can find. All of which so far is just in the Δs and such not appearing in the description/name/etc. of Δ K'ong. Obviously I didn't expect it in the search, like with "Freakshow_Supr_St|_|n3r", but it should probably display on the page.

Seriously, though. I'm likely to spend a decent bit of time diving into all the new stuff. Been very much looking forward to this. Thanks, Uber!

Interesting. That sounds like I'm not handling unicode characters somewhere in my data processing chain, which is both surprising and not. Once I figure out where it's happening it probably won't be hard to fix. Finding it might be "fun" though. 😅

5 hours ago, BillyMailman said:

They're in there (e.g., here is the Blaster Dark Mastery), but the listing of what powers an AT has don't seem to have refreshed.

🤨That is surprising. Those have always had well-defined means of relationship to the ATs that can use them. If these were created with some new way of building that relationship, the code that stitches them together probably doesn't account for it. I'll have to go data diving to figure that out.

I do see the new Epic sets on the AT pages. I don't see the updated names. That seems to be legitimate - the old names are in the data. I am not sure what's up/missing/wrong there.

image.thumb.png.e00520fbd898871a5094e1ed300c8e51.png

image.thumb.png.c4d654961ce181341c0c93ad1d7c17f5.png

Edit: Actually we can see the right names in those screenshots. I may have been confusing my browser (and myself) using the back and forward buttons across server boundaries, silently switching between views of Homecoming and Alpha.

Edited by UberGuy

This is probably some oddity of browser-side and/or server-side caching. I haven't deployed any site updates since about 20 minutes after I posted about the I27 changes. (I had missed some data fields in powers and redeployed to add them, but they were just new JSON fields on powers - not powersets or their names - and that's the only place they appear.) That was like 18 hours ago, and the cache settings on CoD stuff are supposed to be 10 minutes. And I supposedly invalidated the server side cache as part of the deploy. So... 🤷‍♂️?

Since the "Alpha" environment is apparently deprecated, the already out of date info for it on CoD will, most likely, never be updated again. As such, I plan to remove it from the site this weekend. The "Beta" and "Live" links will remain accessible in the header's revision text popup.

• Thumbs Up 1

FYI, something's definitely off with the sleep grenade thing from Arsenal Control; there's a stacking type not showing up. I'm also confused by the Requires bit on the bonus sleep from Domination/Overpower, but that one seems more likely to actually just be how it works. Notably, that's 100% how Smoke Canister's confuse is supposed to work, and it's showing up the same there, so yeah. Same stacking thing is showing up over there, too.

Edited by BillyMailman

Second, separate bug: On both Chrome and Firefox, opening the Liquid Nitrogen pet power's page and sliding the Level thing, the two -350% maximum RunningSpeed bits adjust - the damage doesn't, showing the full level 50 damage for all levels. It's working for other powers, so not a globally busted thing, and switching to player ATs doesn't get the damage changing, either.

On 2/4/2024 at 7:28 AM, Errants said:

Yup, specifically a stalker... Okay, so it doesn't kick in until I go below 60% max HP... Current (level, any+HP from sets/accolades/buffs), class max, base (no enhancement/powers/accolades) max?

I feel as tho I should start wanting to hit a green when I'm about 1/3-1/4 of my health bar left... to max resistances without getting gibbed by chips.

For Stalkers, you only have two auto powers that grant scaling resistance, as opposed to three. But, they scale to a max of 25% each, instead of 20%. So at 0% HP, you'll have 50% resistance.

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

For Stalkers, you only have two auto powers that grant scaling resistance, as opposed to three. But, they scale to a max of 25% each, instead of 20%. So at 0% HP, you'll have 50% resistance.

Be nice if they scaled to 30%, to mimic the other SR sets...

Also, it'd be nice if they capped out before 0%... Maybe max effect at 10%?

Also, does it go offa base HP for level/class, or actual max  HP, taking into account +HP buffs.

I could see trying to jigger in more +HP to get closer to cap to take advantage of the greater regen/resistance window.

1 hour ago, Errants said:

Also, does it go offa base HP for level/class, or actual max  HP, taking into account +HP buffs.

It goes off max HP. So buff that max HP to your heart's content.

I am abysmally (word?) late to the party, but was extremely happy to find not only that COD has been rebuilt entirely by so many thoughtful and knowledgeable players, but also that it's like totally updated for recent changes.  I was struggling with a final power pick/one slot wonder and chose Surveillance from Arsenal Mastery for my blaster over the weekend.  I had no idea it was as good as it was, especially if I just drop a single Hami-O Lyso in there. 

Thanks for the team that built/populated all this useful information!

Edited by Crysis

On 2/23/2024 at 9:01 PM, BillyMailman said:

Second, separate bug: On both Chrome and Firefox, opening the Liquid Nitrogen pet power's page and sliding the Level thing, the two -350% maximum RunningSpeed bits adjust - the damage doesn't, showing the full level 50 damage for all levels. It's working for other powers, so not a globally busted thing, and switching to player ATs doesn't get the damage changing, either.

🤔 Yeah, that's not right. It clearly gets that the effect is based on an damage table, but it's not adjusting it. That probably means not just this power is affected. I'll dig into that ASAP.

• Thanks 1