What is the effect of a knockback enhancement in set with kb2kd proc?

cohRock

Assume you have an attack with knockback as a side effect.  You slot it with a knockbact-to-knockdown (kb2kd) proc, but also add another enhancment from the same set that includes more knockback.  Does the additional knockback make any difference at all, or is it cancelled completely by the kb2kd?

-- Rock

The KD enhancement converts the power to KD so no matter how much KB you've slotted it'll still just be KD. All you're getting for those extra enhancements are set bonuses and enhancements on non-KB attributes.

• Like 3

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Okay this gets a little iffy for me.  I am running a Super Strength Tank, In Footstomp. (.67 KB = knockdown) I crammed a full set of Superior Avalanche, which includes a "chance for Knockdown" which i assume means another .67.  Long story short, sometimes the enemies squirt everywhere.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Snarky said:

Long story short, sometimes the enemies squirt everywhere.  

Thats not knockback, they are exploding like a ketchup packet when you step on it.

• Haha 5

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

• 1 month later

On occasion, the KB -> KD proc fails to activate, and ordinary knockback happens. Cue hilarity and angry Trick Arrow and Ice Slick users.

I am not an expert, but this is my expert opinion. I call him Ego.

Its really late and I can't sleep - I am not normally this flippant. But the first line of this post is my serious impression of events.

Edited by Cidri

8 minutes ago, Cidri said:

On occasion, the KB -> KD proc fails to activate, and ordinary knockback happens. Cue hilarity and angry Trick Arrow and Ice Slick users.

Why are you putting KB>KDs into Oil Slick and Ice Patch anyway?  They already do plain knockdown unless you're fighting things 15 levels lower (and even then).

Or, i'm an idiot and misread, usually KB>KD failing is because people use the Overwhelming Force variant which has its own KD proc in addition to the KB>KD, causing an overlap that results in actual knockback.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

3 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

usually KB>KD failing is because people use the Overwhelming Force variant which has its own KD proc in addition to the KB>KD, causing an overlap that results in actual knockback.

This seems to be a separate issue from what I mentioned above. I mainly use Overwhelming Force to add KB to powers that don't have it, meaning i use Sudden Acceleration when I want to nerf knockback - and I still see this happen, if only once a week or so.

29 minutes ago, Cidri said:

This seems to be a separate issue from what I mentioned above. I mainly use Overwhelming Force to add KB to powers that don't have it, meaning i use Sudden Acceleration when I want to nerf knockback - and I still see this happen, if only once a week or so.

Are you overlapping KD effects from multiple sources?  I have an Elec/Storm Controller who's usually dropping four or five sources of KD at once (Jolting Chain, Gremlins, Freezing Rain, Gale, Tornado, Lightning Storm, Water Spout) and I occasionally see mobs getting tossed when things trigger in unison.  Granted, the Gremlins are using the OF proc, but even when they're dead I still see it from time to time.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:30 PM, Snarky said:

Okay this gets a little iffy for me.  I am running a Super Strength Tank, In Footstomp. (.67 KB = knockdown) I crammed a full set of Superior Avalanche, which includes a "chance for Knockdown" which i assume means another .67.  Long story short, sometimes the enemies squirt everywhere.  

I have the same issue with a different power.   The Avalanche set, only sometimes.  Squirt is the perfect word, like a stomped on ketchup packet.  It is also in a "Knockdown power, like Footatomp.  Cant find the toon lol.  But the prob is when it procs it kicks the KB from .67 to over 1.  Knockdown powers do not equal knockdown procs,

Edited by Snarky

On 2/2/2021 at 2:19 AM, Outrider_01 said:

Thats not knockback, they are exploding like a ketchup packet when you step on it.

Thats exactly how this would work. There are 2 sources of kb-> kd. sudden acceleration, and oforce. Avalanche adds chance to kd, which is additive to existing kb mag. Its not a converter.

11 hours ago, Snarky said:

I have the same issue with a different power.   The Avalanche set, only sometimes.  Squirt is the perfect word, like a stomped on ketchup packet.  It is also in a "Knockdown power, like Footatomp.  Cant find the toon lol.  But the prob is when it procs it kicks the KB from .67 to over 1.  Knockdown powers do not equal knockdown procs,

i was quoting myself lol.  its the SS tank i parked.   doh.

• Haha 1