Characters in Lore, but not in game.

CursedSorcerer

3 minutes ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Here's a question for you; which characters (mentioned in the Lore of CoH) would you personally like to see in-game?

My Personal list

1. Banished Pantheon Gods
  • Lughebu
  • Rambetu
  • M'Teru
  • Tomdala
  • Ullutay

Hamidon (Praetorian)

You do get to speak to Hamidon? in the Number Six arc!

• Like 2

Two come to mind

The LKT-1700 Jetpack, available from the P2W vendors (and on live was a straight cash shop purchase), mentions a heroine named Rose Star in the power description.  This is the only time her name is mentioned.  Her existence is limited to a jetpack and a small blurb on the wiki, apparantly she's a member of W.I.S.D.O.M. alongside Foreshadow and Mirror Spirit.

Over at Vanguard, a heroine by the name of Incandescense is the head of the Helm division which, according to Gaussian, handles public relations.  She is mentioned in the RWZ arcs a few times but is never seen in person, being described as "usually off-site."  The wiki lists her as a Fire/Energy Blaster and even gave her a signature attack but we otherwise know nothing else about her.  It would be cool to meet her and see her unique attack in action, she can't remain on the sidelines forever.

Edited by ZorkNemesis
  • Like 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Horus* , the Peacebringer third member of the War Witch, Apex, Horus team from the comics.  Dr. Null, Positron's nemesis in origin and the Freedom Phalanx novel.  (Possibly Revenant too). Hmm, Vambrace as well now that I think of it,

* In a flashback because he's dead.

Edited by Darmian
  • Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

18 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Two come to mind

The LKT-1700 Jetpack, available from the P2W vendors (and on live was a straight cash shop purchase), mentions a heroine named Rose Star in the power description.  This is the only time her name is mentioned.  Her existence is limited to a jetpack and a small blurb on the wiki.

I thought that name sounded familiar.  Was to have been rolled out with the Asian supergroup.  Something in the back of my mind says that Rose Star was in beta, but was pulled for some reason.  Spark Blade as well.  I do seem to recall that they did launch the full team in the Asian server rollout, though with the failure of that project, they ported Foreshadow and Mirror Spirit to the western game and didn't follow through with the others.

Rose Star is briefly in the trailer for the Asian server which came out in January 2006.  Watch for her at 01:35.  Spark Blade, of course, is very prominent in the trailer.

trailer:

Edited by Techwright
corrected trailer link
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Darmian said:

Horus , the Peacebringer third member of the War Witch, Apex, Horus team from the comics.  Dr. Null, Positron's nemesis in origin and the Freedom Phalanx novel.  (Possibly Revenant too). Hmm, Vambrace as well now that I think of it,

The Vambrace duo were from an earlier iteration of the Phalanx, yes?  Like 1950s to 1970s?  Who's up for a little more time traveling?  Actually, were we to ever do that, I'd be interested to see story arcs related to the family of Stateman: his wife (Recluse's sister) and his daughter (Ms Liberty's mom)

• Like 1

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 minute ago, Techwright said:

The Vambrace duo were from an earlier iteration of the Phalanx, yes?  Like 1950s to 1970s?  Who's up for a little more time traveling?  Actually, were we to ever do that, I'd be interested to see story arcs related to the family of Stateman: his wife (Recluse's sister) and his daughter (Ms Liberty's mom)

Well, it was talked about but apparently making the maps/dressing the maps etc was too much like work, so we never got "Brass Monday".  Pity!

Edited by Darmian

2 minutes ago, Techwright said:

And Elementar!  Vanished in 1978 fighting the Broodcloud!  And now they're back! Warped 40 plus years forward in the blink of an eye! A huge event! Broodcloud over Brickstown!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Techwright said:

I thought that name sounded familiar.  Was to have been rolled out with the Asian supergroup.  Something in the back of my mind says that Rose Star was in beta, but was pulled for some reason.  Spark Blade as well.  I do seem to recall that they did launch the full team in the Asian server rollout, though with the failure of that project, they ported Foreshadow and Mirror Spirit to the western game and didn't follow through with the others.

Rose Star is briefly in the trailer for the Asian server which came out in January 2006.  Watch for her at 01:35.  Spark Blade, of course, is very prominent in the trailer.

trailer:

Thats pretty cool. 

12 hours ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Over at Vanguard, a heroine by the name of Incandescense is the head of the Helm division which, according to Gaussian, handles public relations.  She is mentioned in the RWZ arcs a few times but is never seen in person, being described as "usually off-site."  The wiki lists her as a Fire/Energy Blaster and even gave her a signature attack but we otherwise know nothing else about her.  It would be cool to meet her and see her unique attack in action, she can't remain on the sidelines forever.

Interestingly, Incandescent first appeared in the COH Collectible Card Game: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/COHCCG/Incandescent

CCG_SO_004_Incandescent.pngCCG_SO_155_Lambent_Flame.png

As did the rest of the Vanguard characters: Borea, Levantera, Serpent Drummer, GaussianDark Watcher and Lady Grey.

Edit: She's also quoted in two Paragon Times articles: Senate Questions Vanguard and Vanguard Reports Success, Rikti War In Review

Edited by Aberrant

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

It would make a few of my mages grin if Ermeeth were to just wander back in some day, look around at the Circle's current state of body-snatching ghostliness and say "What the devil have you lot done now? I swear. 'Turn my back for a few thousand years and you end up in THIS MESS..."  

I can totally see him going all Exasperated Parent on them... 😝

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice