Suggestion for P2W Vendor: Permanent Convention/Halloween Costume Toggles

I had one or two of these. Would like to see them back.

That's exactly why I started this thread :)

I had the Freakshow Tank and Rikti Mentalist costumes from the Conventions, and I'd bought the Freakshow Stunner costume from the Market. Made ample use of 'em, and I'd like to do so again.

• Like 1

Yes, I'd love to have my Rikti Perm costume back on.

Glad to see another former owner of the costume :)

With luck, even more Rikti costume variants could be added. I'd particularly love to get my hands on the Gold/Teal armored Mentalist model.

• Like 1

I used to have 3-4 of them. I really liked being able to turn into a freakshow tank... though at times I was asked to turn it off in groups as it was confusing.

• Like 1

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

I used to have 3-4 of them. I really liked being able to turn into a freakshow tank... though at times I was asked to turn it off in groups as it was confusing.

I've had that happen a few times, though the folks on Virtue were usually pretty chill about using them.

I had a PAX code that turned you into one of those neat mech-armored PPD officers.  I had my fire toon wear it all the time.  I miss that costume.

I recall earning the PPD Hardsuit code from a giveaway at some point. Didn't see as much usage as my Freakshow or Rikti costumes, sadly.

• 3 weeks later

not only should all of those costumes, event and special give away wise be added. IMO all temp powers taht exist in the game in any form should be added to P2W. This includes the special mission costumes where we are taking on another character with their powers, and include the power use with those costumes. Shape Shifting power absorbers are a thing in comics and such costumes would help those wanting to RP such bring a concept like it to life.

The various weapon temps, things like the nictus fragment from the early vil mish that gives war shade teleport, why not, we havea  dozen jet pack temps, why not a teleport temp.

Keep in mind I am not suggesting 1 time fee unlocks I am suggesting either  charges or time limited just like the jet packs, and other useful temp power attacks like the envenomed daggers.

We def need some high cost inf sinks to help keep the economy from getting to bloated over time. tons of pricey limited duration temp attacks would be a great way to sink it up.

For example the Wheel of destruction fire powers, Id paya  mil a pop for each hour of use of those up to 8 no second thought on magic themed characters. Heck add a second sands of mu with an hour duration for a mil and let it stack up to 72 hours like the one we get from the mission.

More is always better. and more sinks for inf as well.

Now we just summon all sorts of random lore pets to confuse everyone.

I'd love to be able to switch to a freakshow tank.

• Like 1

I had a PAX code that turned you into one of those neat mech-armored PPD officers.  I had my fire toon wear it all the time.  I miss that costume.

I recall earning the PPD Hardsuit code from a giveaway at some point. Didn't see as much usage as my Freakshow or Rikti costumes, sadly.

I had that one too, but didn't use it as much as the Ring Mistress. 

• Like 1

I had a character that had a lot of identity issues with. I never really liked this concept. But after I got it, it just made sense for him to be a reformed Freakshow Tank. You gotta figure that's a thing that happens.

Then, after I won a Coralax costume, I specifically made an entire character around it. And exclusivity was never the point. The Coralax are my favorite faction in the game. I was very excited to have a Coralax character and it was always cool to see someone else as a Coralax too.

Those costumes were those characters' identities. They cannot exist without them.

• Like 1

I'd like to add my voice to putting these either at the p2w vendor (1st free, others 1,000,000 sounds fair) or having some other method of obtaining them.

A friend of mine really wants the Ring Mistress code back. I won it for him at a PvPEC event in the past as I had no use for it, but it fits his RP theme perfectly.

Can we get these back, please? :-)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later

I definitely want these!

I ran a PPD  hardsuit fire/willpower scrapper.  I'd have my character dressed as a regular paragon police man who'd then 'power up' with the ppd hardsuit and I'd run mishes like that.

So much fun! 

please make it happen!!

(and remove this stipulation for the Role player! all toggle powers whose main purpose is stealth (such as Stealth or Superior Invisibility) are mutually exclusive with any Model Replacement power,)

Edited by jmj211
  • Like 3

I think that would be a fair price.

Great addition jmj211, that was a limitation I don't remember.  To be honest though the stealth toggles aren't a deal breaker for me, I'd rather get the costumes even if the toggle thing is too much work or can't be solved.

I still think it's a bit odd these costumes aren't available somewhere/how.  Maybe they're saving them for a Halloween event?

/Signed as well.  I know this would never happen but I would love to play as a Mu Character Model as well.  I have two Rikti toons and a bijillion Troll, Freak, Mu, Skull and Hellion toons.  Ignore the Hellion and Skull request though.  I can easily pull that one off in game even though some of the Skull AVs look badarse.

Edited by Tater Todd
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:57 PM, Chuckers said:

They were fun to scare the heck out of teammates, too!

"OMG! What's a Freak Boss doing in a here???"

My main villain, Wrongbow (A/TA Blaster, natch), impersonates Longbow in order to infiltrate and disrupt their operations.  She's completely decked out in the Freedom Corps costume set, with the correct red and white color scheme.  More than once on Longbow missions, team mates will say, "crap, I thought you were one of them" or "you startled me" or "I tried to target you".  It always makes me smile when that happens.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

On 8/12/2019 at 10:12 AM, jmj211 said:

(and remove this stipulation for the Role player! all toggle powers whose main purpose is stealth (such as Stealth or Superior Invisibility) are mutually exclusive with any Model Replacement power,)

Allowing the costumes to work with stealth toggles would be fantastic.

It'd also be nice if the Walking toggle could be made to work with the costumes without turning them off when it's toggled.

• Like 2

I have been dying to make a Rikti since Live (I left before they introduced the market, so I guess I missed that chance) so this would be a dream come true. Especially after seeing some of the npc-costume adaptations that are being done elsewhere, I really would love to see this be made available!

• Like 1

I'm all for this, and I don't personally think any should be free.

I would say at a mil per, they would still be affordable enough. Higher would make them a little more unique, like they used to be. All depends on what the current Dev team feels appropriate.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.