Mastermind changes in beta

WindDemon21

Speaking of changes on Beta.....

I have a number of MM’s who used Rune of Protection from the Sorcery pool.  There’s huge changes inbound for RoP in particular, but that entire pool in general.

While I wish they had left RoP alone, I must say that the changes they’ve made to the remainder of the pool appear to be a bit of a buff for MM’s in particular.  Spirit Ward and Enflame are now toggles, and Arcane Bolt know can do significantly more damage.  I was on Test server yesterday and I’m actually -VERY- pleased with how everything else has been adjusted, although I’ll miss the uptime/duration of RoP.  But be sure to check it out if you’ve not been paying attention.

• 2 weeks later
19 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

Any mob that makes you have to recast your pets in battle...

Have you checked to see if MM's are truly for you?

Pets will fall in battle (if you are unlucky then all of them will).  That's the class.  Their job is to attack and protect you.  Your job is to keep them alive and sometimes you fail...a lot.  Better them then you.  If you are a Necro you want your Lich or Grave Knight to fall (die again?) so you can summon another pet.  But being able to re-summon a fully upgraded team should take a little bit of time.

Heck with the changes in the last patch there is barely any incentive to keep your pets alive as all the CD's are non-existent as well as the Endurance cost are so low.  It's not like the early days of the class with having to resummon and train (INDIVIDUALLY) all your pets each time to zone in.  What we have in HC right now is as close to making things Automatic as ever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tacheyon said:

Have you checked to see if MM's are truly for you?

Pets will fall in battle (if you are unlucky then all of them will).  That's the class.  Their job is to attack and protect you.  Your job is to keep them alive and sometimes you fail...a lot.  Better them then you.  If you are a Necro you want your Lich or Grave Knight to fall (die again?) so you can summon another pet.  But being able to re-summon a fully upgraded team should take a little bit of time.

Heck with the changes in the last patch there is barely any incentive to keep your pets alive as all the CD's are non-existent as well as the Endurance cost are so low.  It's not like the early days of the class with having to resummon and train (INDIVIDUALLY) all your pets each time to zone in.  What we have in HC right now is as close to making things Automatic as ever.

Oh yes, I LOVE masterminds, that's WHY I'm giving my point of view to hopefully fix issues that they have, which me and many others agree are the fact that the upgrades should be auto. That is my STANCE, but i'm not delusional to ignore that the devs, for now at least, have planted their foot in not making that happen. I love having your own team and supporting it with your secondary, The changes from the last patch most CERTAINLY help, but you still have to manually upgrade them in battle if you have to recast them, which all pets without upgrades are practically useless, but at least now we can kinda zerg rush the minnions at least. I'm still hoping for at least pbaoe upgrades and instant buffable pet summons so you can just boom cast the upgrade powers as soon as you cast the new pets without having to target them and then be on your way.

• 2 weeks later

Sorry if it’s been asked already.. not trying to read 9 pages right at the moment...

Do the changes to pet recharge mean no more recharge intensive pet IO sets? Because if so this severely hurts half the sets’ ability to slot all of the aura procs, no?

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Sorry if it’s been asked already.. not trying to read 9 pages right at the moment...

Do the changes to pet recharge mean no more recharge intensive pet IO sets? Because if so this severely hurts half the sets’ ability to slot all of the aura procs, no?

Short answer is no, those sets are still slot-able in the MM pets, even though they say they aren't.

Long answer is any Recharge from enhancements won't affect the pet summoning power at all. The pro is you can't be debuffed anymore, as the powers are unaffected by ALL recharge effects. The con is its wasted enhancement values from a set that is 'balanced' around having them in the budget.

13 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

Short answer is no, those sets are still slot-able in the MM pets, even though they say they aren't.

Long answer is any Recharge from enhancements won't affect the pet summoning power at all. The pro is you can't be debuffed anymore, as the powers are unaffected by ALL recharge effects. The con is its wasted enhancement values from a set that is 'balanced' around having them in the budget.

Thanks. That’ll work ok for me since I usually only slot the procs from those sets in MM pets anyway.

I'm just dropping by to resummon the following message:

There is a difference between PETS and HENCHMEN.

Casually using the terms interchangeably IMO can lead to different expectations about how certain things work in the game.

• Thanks 2