Can we expect having more/new/NPC hairstyles, faces, and costume options anytime soonTM? I could use some ^^

Mariposa

I know creating new pieces would require a lot of work, but how about expand our current options?

We could have NPCs pieces added, from hairstyles (Desdemona, Mother Mayhem, Belladonna Vetrano), their costume pieces too, other costume pieces proliferated to other sections (spiked collar added to detail 2, helmets details too).

Also backpack: existing weapons as back pack, for weapon archetypes or merely cosmetic, like dual katanas, axes, bows, riffles, pistols, battons, staffs...

I also always wanted this hood with hair and their loincloth:

File:TalonsOfVengeance OracleFire.png

I think the Homecoming team is doing amazing, but the customization makes me wanting to play with more costume pieces added, and new options.

I know other proyects of City of Heroes have NPC pieces unlocked and I would love to see some of them added to Homecoming too.

Edited by Mariposa
  • Like 2

It would be cool if they could add all NPCs styles, specially everything included in the last stage of the game (CoV, Going Rogue).

Also, I would love to see new patterns and some more new textures, some new skins and some new faces (characters or brand new). I'm sure there are lots of artist willing to help with this.

Also, we do have a lot of custom, power pools, ancillary pools and patron pools but it feels like it could be expanded a little bit.
In example, there is no psychic mastery at all and it would be cool for scrapper/stalker to have a psychic mastery as they do have soul mastery with snip or cones.

Edited by Picara
  • Like 1

I need a flannel shirt that tucks in.

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

1 hour ago, KC4800 said:

I need a flannel shirt that tucks in.

He's a Lumberjack and he's okay... 😀

The biggest thing I hope they can do in terms of customization is separating "Hat" from "Hair".  Maybe flagging some Hairs as "Incompatible with Hats" because the giant exposed brain? Not so much.  But I ought to be able to do long hair with a fedora, or a low ponytail with a bandana / do-rag, or a pirate hat plus two-toned Illogical.

• Like 3

Costume options I *believe* is going to depend *mostly* on what might be able to be ported.

The rest... probably depends on what tools the team has / can get to work and time they can spend on it.  I know some modders can replace textures, so getting the game to recognize them and display them isn't an issue, but adding them in "officially" to the game may be a bigger project, so...

(All that said, I'm all for more options. Just not holding my breath on anything "really new and original" getting added any time soon.)

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I know creating stuff from scrath might be out of the options, but why not adding already existing pieces like the ones I mentioned?

There's literally so many stuff to grab from the NPCs that it would be more than enough.

Khaolin stuff, the archers group from CoV... theres is so much stuff in there.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mariposa said:

I know creating stuff from scrath might be out of the options, but why not adding already existing pieces like the ones I mentioned?

There's literally so many stuff to grab from the NPCs that it would be more than enough.

Khaolin stuff, the archers group from CoV... theres is so much stuff in there.

Depends on what's going on with the NPCs. Not all the NPC pieces, as I'm given to understand, are the same as our costume pieces (basically folded, mangled and twisted for a specific fit and look on an NPC.) Some are, some just don't translate. (I'll let someone who has more familiarity with them describe it - I think @Flashtoo may have been the person I'm thinking of with a better explanation.)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Depends on what's going on with the NPCs. Not all the NPC pieces, as I'm given to understand, are the same as our costume pieces (basically folded, mangled and twisted for a specific fit and look on an NPC.) Some are, some just don't translate. (I'll let someone who has more familiarity with them describe it - I think @Flashtoo may have been the person I'm thinking of with a better explanation.)

Hi yes, I can give a more detailed explanation. Basically there are three kinds of NPC costume parts:

1. The ones that will fit on character models as they are. Almost any kind of skintight thing is this, such as the metallic ripped-up dental floss costume that CoT Succubi wear, as well as textures that go on parts that are the same shape as what PCs get, such as the boot texture the Carnival Strongmen wear. Some items in this category, like the Carnival Ring Mistress's bandeau tops, would have only limited coloring functionality, because of being more than two colors (including skin color), but could still be used despite that. There are also a few parts like the Carnival Harlequins' tall boots and Lamashtu's skull bikini that have unique geometry but still fit on PC models.

2. The ones that sort of fit on PC models, but need editing at the geometry level. These are parts that are assigned to the 'wrong' body slot for PC use, like the Menders' belts and shoulder details, which the game treats as a single item instead of several independent ones. To make these usable by PCs, someone would have to edit the geometry to cut it apart into several pieces and assign them to the correct body slots. There are also some NPC faces like the ones on the PPD detectives that don't fit on the PC head models because they're a half-face texture that gets mirrored symmetrically, whereas PC face textures are full faces with asymmetrical details like beauty marks and scars. Making these NPC faces available to PCs would require manually mirroring the textures with themselves to create PC versions. Most costume parts that involve 'cape systems' are this and we're unlikely to get them because they're highly resource intensive to render.

3. The ones that don't fit on PC models at all. Desdemona and Penny Yin are good examples of costumes with this property - their legs and feet are custom-shaped, and trying to fit their boots onto PCs creates gaps and horrific clipping. Another example is the puffy-sleeved shirts with bows at the back that the Carnival Attendants and Seneschals wear - these are fused with the chest, unlike the 3D shirts that PCs get, and can't be used with the way PC costumes are set up. 

• Like 2

Character portrait artist for hire, PM for details!

Commissions: Closed, Sorry

19 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

I would kill for a color tintable version of Maelstrom’s hair. Men in general are freaking starved for hairstyles.

1 hour ago, MTeague said:

Are we talking in game or real life?  😀

Probably game.  Men in real life are often starved for hair period.

• Haha 1

Someone posted some costume pieces they made in the costume channel on the Discord and they looked really good, in my opinion. Gun slings around the thighs and shoulders, a hoodie, and ninja-like trousers. They also said they were happy to give them to any servers that wanted them.

It gives me hope new costume pieces isn't impossible! Obviously priorites are probably elsewhere right now, but it's nice to know there's a future.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Veloice said:

Thanks! It was great work from what I could see. I scrolled through the discord channel for a while but couldn't remember their username, so I appreciate giving credit where its due.

Would love to see those costume pieces.

But I know know other CoH projects outside Homecoming.

I really hope there are costume pieces coming at some point. Its needed. I need them lol. Specially weapon backs and holsters, I bet the Paragon team would had released some if the game was not shot down.

• Like 1