Best Base in Paragon City, v4.0!

Blushield

The Vanguard League, Everlasting's most chillax SG is sponsoring it's annual base building contest. Some Details below:

Entries Close: 30 June 2021

Contest Judging: 17 July 2021    24 July 2021

Prizes: First prize: 10 Billion inf!

20 Billion in total cash and prizes!

To enter: Post in the thread below, including your @Global and SG.  Either post or email your base entry code.

Fine print: One entry per global ID, or SG.

We’re very pleased to announce a special guest judge has been added to our roster! @ironjoe will be serving as our 3rd judge in this contest.

Guidelines:

1) Deadline for Entry to the contest is 30 June 2021. No entries will be considered after that. Please register your SG by including the name of the SG, the base passcode and a contact either here (reply  in this thread) or in an in-game email to @Blushield. Incomplete entries will not be counted.

Prizes will only be sent to the @global that is registered.

2) Prizes will be awarded in on Saturday,  17 July 2021 at 7:30pm US Eastern. Location TBA

3) 2 judges from the Vanguard League will begin scheduling tours about 2 weeks before the awards. Bases will be judged broadly on Theme, Creativity and Technical merit by each judge. The consensus of the committee is final.

4) Previous contest winners and judges choice winners (winners in the October 2020 contest) may not enter this contest (to give others a fair shot at it).

5) SGs are welcome to open their bases to the general public for viewing, but are not required to do so.

PRIZES!

1st PRIZE:  10,000,000,000 inf

2nd Prize: 3,000,000,000 inf

3rd Prize: 2,000,000,000 inf

These are the "Best Overall" Category. It's possible to start out in the categories below and end up here (SGs will only be awarded 1 prize however).

Other prize categories include:

Best Base RP/Public/Club: Bases in this category are generally open to the public/have public facilities. Theme is an important component of judging and we're looking for a consistent, well executed concept that defines the club. If your RP base is closed to the public, that's fine, but you'll be judged in the Functional HQ category.  Note: The ENTIRE base does not need to be public. You can have public facing facilities and private base rooms/offices etc.

Best Base: Small: Looking for tight, well designed bases that would be considered "small", e.g. single person bases, travel hubs,. etc. If you are using half of the largest plot, you're probably not "small".

Best Base: Functional HQ: Does your SG fight crime from your orbital satellite? Will you finally "show them all!" from your underground lair? Looking for theme, but also function, e.g. does the base serve the daily needs of the SG?

Judges Awards: These are at the discretion of each of the judges. There aren't many rules here, just "Hey, I like it".

Edited by Blushield
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@LostinParadise

Convention Center

This base was built  to be used for large recruitment fairs, meetings or gatherings,  like the Club Job Fair recruitment and the SG recruitment held this year.  It is a spacious area with multiple entry points. Attendees can enter by helicopter at the helipad, by boat at the docs or by teleporter.  A singular large convention center stands in the center with indoor and outdoor seating available. This base is located in Kallisti Wharf and is open to both Heroes and Villains!  Base was built by @LostinParadise and has the base code CENTER-18852

If you should have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me via here or in-game e-mail.

Thank you 

screenshot_210420-11-41-34.jpg

screenshot_210420-11-41-42.jpg

• Like 3

On 4/17/2021 at 7:47 AM, Blushield said:

The Vanguard League, Everlasting's most chillax SG is sponsoring it's annual base building contest. Some Details below:

Entries Close: 30 June 2021

Contest Judging: 17 July 2021

Prizes: 20 Billion in cash and prizes.

To enter: Post in the thread below, including your @Global and SG.  Either post or email your base entry code.

Fine print: Prize winners from our Fall 2020 contest are not eligible to win. One entry per global ID,

Project Ascension
@Keshbits (I'm the builder.) 
I emailed you our base-code, as it's an RP-SG and would prefer to keep the access code private, in the event we're running a plot/mission/scene.

Edited by @T3h Ish
Additional Information

Fine print: Prize winners from our Fall 2020 contest are not eligible to win. One entry per global ID,

Does this mean us goobers with two globals can submit twice? Asking for a friend...

Give me money to draw your characters!

Visit one of the public RP spaces I've made on Everlasting!
Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

• 2 weeks later
On 5/4/2021 at 9:50 PM, Starforge said:

I love that base! Such a good set piece for RP.

See? He likes my base. I think you guys can call the competition already!

• Haha 3

Cabin-8752 - Funplex-11364 - Crash-15210 - Law-18824 - Exploreonfoot-20176 - Upside-14574 - Boardwalk-23004 - Gym-25035 - Chicken-25922 - Campus-25500 - Choochoo-28184

Fine print: Prize winners from our Fall 2020 contest are not eligible to win. One entry per global ID, or SG.

You say winners from Fall 2020 can't enter this one, but we got 3rd place in May 2020 (Spring) - would we be eligible to enter this year or is that still too soon? (We have grown and upgraded our supergroup a lot since then as well!) 

Edited by CrazyCat

18 hours ago, CrazyCat said:

You say winners from Fall 2020 can't enter this one, but we got 3rd place in May 2020 (Spring) - would we be eligible to enter this year or is that still too soon? (We have grown and upgraded our supergroup a lot since then as well!) 

Yes. That contest was more than a year ago, so you'd be eligible

Global: @Hobo Master

SG name: Salamanca

SG code: SALAMANCA-18770

A small gothic neighborhood out in Croatoa with shopping and living areas, a probably haunted graveyard, and a secret underground magic commune. You know, normal stuff for a city zone. Hopefully a good RP environment for some urban fantasy/gothic characters.

image.thumb.jpeg.596e14937aa8adccddc04f60b693d376.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f3359096687db9ec4b928085025181e5.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Vessa
SG: Jade Isles

An island with a swimmable coral reef, cave, and swimmable underwater cave with a portal to a somewhat abandoned temple.  Currently a private rp space, so emailed the code

Global: @Squidget

SG: The Pagoda

Passcode: GHOST-1471

A luxurious Japanese-styled resort in another dimension, linked to Earth by way of a fog-shrouded path. Attractions and accommodations include the restaurant (used as a "hub" due to only having 10 portals 😞), the karaoke lounge, the cherry blossom pavilion, the chain of floating hot springs, a cavern filled with places to explore, the spacious inn, and the spa.

There are plenty of secret locations to discover, as well. Please let me know if you would like a tour, as there is a lot that can be potentially missed.

(This was submitted during one of the first base contests you guys held, but I've changed/added a lot since then!)

screenshot_210529-11-16-17.jpg

screenshot_210529-11-35-10.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Squidget said:

Global: @Squidget

SG: The Pagoda

Passcode: GHOST-1471

A luxurious Japanese-styled resort in another dimension, linked to Earth by way of a fog-shrouded path. Attractions and accommodations include the restaurant (used as a "hub" due to only having 10 portals 😞), the karaoke lounge, the cherry blossom pavilion, the chain of floating hot springs, a cavern filled with places to explore, the spacious inn, and the spa.

There are plenty of secret locations to discover, as well. Please let me know if you would like a tour, as there is a lot that can be potentially missed.

(This was submitted during one of the first base contests you guys held, but I've changed/added a lot since then!)

RIP me. Enjoy your inf Ghost Mom.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later
13 hours ago, Dacy said:

Here's your checklist to make sure you didn't miss anything big. However, it doesn't examine the bell up close. You need to examine the bell at the top and ask yourself, "How did she do that??"

-Dacy

Well.... Dang that's awesome.

• Like 1

Base/SG name: The Great Temple

Passcode: TEMPLE-20520

Key Detail: There is a portal in the tall tower! Takes you to Aabin... and a portal at the great tree on the 3rd floor, takes you to Naabi, Aabins wife.

Hidden Secret: Temple Mouse has a room at the top of the waterfall behind the bush.

The Great Temple was once a bustling place of worship to the great diety Aabin and his wife Lady Naabi. But somewhere in time the god went silent and the temple became largely abandoned. Now Aabin calls out once more and draws towards him those who listen....

screenshot_210607-04-11-21.jpg

Edited by PancakeGnome
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Community Rep
22 hours ago, Wravis said:

Can Dacy post hype videos for all of us? 😛

Well...at the rate I’m going...no. Putting it that way, it’s not fair. I’ll take it down. 

-Dacy

Global: @Polaris37

Base: Rogue Island Grotto

Basecode: Will be emailed

This is a private residence on an island with a guesthouse and a main house, Guest house, small grotto and a number of really neat amenities.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:19 AM, Wravis said:

Does this mean us goobers with two globals can submit twice? Asking for a friend...

I would think, to be fair, anyone who has won before shouldn't enter the contest if they won, even on a different Global Handle and just to be fair, you should only enter with one Global Handle.  The would be the fair and right thing to do, I figure.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean, if it's that big an issue, and I'll be looked upon with some distaste, I can remove my entry. When I say I "won", I mean I got what's essentially an honorable mention, plus I've made a lot of changes to the base since then, to where it was only about half done last time. That's the only reason I'm entering again.