Allow Universal Travel to be slotted in Sprint

kelika2

58 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Small buff to jumping.  I am digging the new Infiltration power taking universals allowing for +jump and +runspd

Sprint shouldn't even take Jump sets, honestly. The only jump effect it has is a 0.4 foot buff to your jump height. It's silly to ever enhance that. You could E.D. cap it and still not reach 1 foot in extra jump height.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

7 hours ago, Bopper said:

Sprint shouldn't even take Jump sets, honestly. The only jump effect it has is a 0.4 foot buff to your jump height. It's silly to ever enhance that. You could E.D. cap it and still not reach 1 foot in extra jump height.

Well, obviously you would go Agility: Core Paragon for your alpha for that 22% that ignores ED.

Who run Bartertown?

58 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Well, obviously you would go Agility: Core Paragon for your alpha for that 22% that ignores ED.

Good point. You could 6 slot sprint, give it six +5 Level 50 Jump IOs, get the T4 Agility/Spiritual Radial, and that would get you to 151.35% enhancement. That would turn the base 0.4 ft jump height to 0.4 x 2.5135 = 1.0054 ft, which is a 0.6054 ft increase from base

• Haha 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

IIRC, I think you originally could slot universal travel sets in Sprint way back in the Issue 9 beta, but it was quickly removed because Cryptic realized that people would slot stealth procs and not be able to turn it off.

Sprint you can always turn off. 

Swift was the problematic one.  A few folks screwed themselves on ALL rescue/kidnap missions that way.

But yea, the removed several slotting options with that change. 

hasn't been a big deal to me, but I wouldn't be opposed to re-enabling some of it.

I suspect limiting Sprint slotting was done specifically to limit how many universal travel sets can be slotted in a typical build. The BotZ globals are one thing, but BotZ actually used to have significant +DEF(Ranged/E/N) for two slots. I can't remember if the Sprint slotting change was before or after that was toned down. 

Letting people slot stuff in Sprint but not the prestige sprints also opens a can of worms, since some people elect to use one of the prestige sprints instead of Sprint. If you let them go in any of the sprints you've got, what, six? more places you can slot a travel set global.

Edited by UberGuy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bopper said:

I slot Unbounded Leap - Stealth in Sprint

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

3 minutes ago, Uun said:

Same here: it's usually cheaper than Celerity +Stealth, but does exactly the same thing.  The proc doesn't actually affect either run speed nor jump height, so they're interchangeable.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

47 minutes ago, Uun said:

I do too, and I two-slot my Sprints with Unbounded Leap for the 6% movement bonus on my Granite Tank. But ultimately, it's silly to think Sprints can slot Jump sets when there really isn't anything in it worth enhancing. Shoot, they could just make it a flat 1 foot jump height buff and make it unenhanceable. Remove the Jump IO options and call it a day. However that would upset a lot of people's builds because many use the sprints for the jump IO options (you and me included).

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

Good point. You could 6 slot sprint, give it six +5 Level 50 Jump IOs, get the T4 Agility/Spiritual Radial, and that would get you to 151.35% enhancement. That would turn the base 0.4 ft jump height to 0.4 x 2.5135 = 1.0054 ft, which is a 0.6054 ft increase from base

CURBS!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tidge said:

CURBS!!!!

I'm off topic, but I gotta say, the TP update has made it even nicer for a Stoney. Combined with Combat Teleport and Foldspace (get over here!), curbs have been long forgotten.

1 hour ago, Bopper said:

I think that might get you over a curb?  (Dang it! tidge got there first)

Edited by lemming
Ninjad!