And old memory made me chuckle...

This was waaay back when the servers were 'live'. I remember a wave of Chinese bot farmer accounts appearing both EU and NA trying to peddle their inf selling services...

...only to get laughed out of the place when people pointed out making inf via either farming or simple market play far outstripped the time = money cost the Chinese bot farmer accounts could do. I distinctly remember one of them spamming chat where it was like 100 million inf for $50 and the chat responding "I can literally make that in about 30 to 60 minutes...that's not even cost effective on an hourly wage front.."

Then the prices started dropping, it became $30 for 100 million, then $20....then they just seemed to give up and leave...

To this day I think this is the only game I've seen break Chinese bot farmers by players just being more efficient and better game knowledge along with ease of access to IOs.

• Thumbs Up 5

So way back when on Live, I can not remember exactly what Issue the game, I think 10.

I introduced the game to my brother. He quickly took to it and soon had a nice collection of toons. I noticed he had a couple that were all decked out in purps and was curious how he had pulled this off. He had bought Inf from a farmer on Ebay. 

I was farming just about a month or so ago and a random guy who had joined asked if I wanted to sell some Inf for real life money. I told them that I wasn't interested.

And I team with couple people pretty regularly that don't do anything to make Inf but play the game. They are always in-game broke but they do not seem inclined to do anything to make Inf. 

No point really, just some remembrances and observations

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

I remember when I picked up Hover to fly over the Hollows.

Tradition demanded that you not pick up hover until after 8 or so wipes to the Pumice / Igneous trying to get back to the mission though. Often chain-reaction wipes of two or three groups each trying to get back and running headfirst into the other guys trainwreck. 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Less than a week?

A bit longer than that, but yeah, I remember them, it was how I learned to use the Ignore button.

I wouldn't have cared about the farming if it weren't for the constant spam!

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

1 hour ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

There was a brief moment in Homecoming's history, close to the start, where "Gold Traders" tried to break in to this market.

I think it was, what?  Less than a week?

Does anyone else remember this, or am I hallucinating?

A few months after launch, yeah.  The bans for it happened in September 2019: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/10442-pro-tip-dont-engage-in-real-world-trading/

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

13 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

And I almost finished crossing Wendel's Gulch too! 😁

....and I would have if it hadn't been for those crazy kids and that dumb dog!

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Yeah feel like it took me a half hour at least.  I had been on a team as a sidekick for one of those really distant door missions.  The team was about 12th or 13th.  I was 6th.  The team finished the mission, exited and promptly, as teams sometimes do, disbanded.  Two choices take the suicide train to the AP hospital or use my newest power and Hover.

Straight up I went then followed the Red River back to the AP gate and straight down.  Was only mildly *cough* concerned there'd be some flying threat being still rather new to the game 😛.