Pro Tip: Don't Engage in Real World Trading

Cipher

• City Council

Hey all,

Today we issued a ban wave to a number of accounts involved in RWT (Real World Trading - the act of exchanging real money for in-game goods and services).

This is explicitly against the Code of Conduct:

7. Do not engage in real-world trading

1. For example, do not attempt to exchange real money for in-game services

[…]

A violation of this Code of Conduct may result in any of the following actions:

• The removal of your character’s name, costume, or description
  • Deletion of your character, supergroup, or Architect mission
  • Restrictions placed on your ability to communicate (eg: a chat ban)
  • Temporary or permanent suspension from our servers

All accounts caught selling have been permanently banned, with no possibility of appeal. All accounts caught buying have been suspended for 2 weeks and had all influence removed from them. A total of 54 accounts have been actioned as part of this ban wave, with over 20 billion influence deleted.

We are now fully capable of tracking down RWT activity going forwards, so we would advise you do not partake in such activities if you wish to continue playing on Homecoming.

3ax41p.jpg.34cd84336820b174367cba3ebdb703e6.jpg

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 20
  • Thanks 20
  • Haha 1

Cipher

City Council

If you need help, please submit a support request here or use /petition in-game.

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

• Cipher pinned this topic

traders: haha there's no way we'll be caught, ez pz
homecoming team: am i a joke to you?

Sucks that following the rules are too much for some people, so easy to acquire some things but they just get desperate or don't bother to do their research.

• Like 1

"Yeah, I think I'm peeking too, and I'm pika-pika-pikatchu."

Just now, Ibarra said:

traders: haha there's no way we'll be caught, ez pz
homecoming team: am i a joke to you?

What I think is interesting is that they consider Homecoming profitable for their time. As annoying as it is, that's a compliment! 😛

• Like 7
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

I'm like "WTF ya idiots?" !!

This game is brought back to us FREE.  Why the hell pay for it?
I love those whom have that "donator snipe" thing to support the Devs and the others whom brought back to us what we've been waiting for...  

but I hate those who try to profit off of such valorous folks who brought back our long awaited dream to enjoy once again.

Good riddance to profiteers and asshats who want to make profit off of our dreams, the dev's time, and those who support Homecoming!

Get your frikkin own server ya damned filthy ape-assed dirtbags!

19 minutes ago, HardRider said:

*Slash* Evil laugh emote

But seriously. Considering how things are now, why even waste RWM on influence. 

I don't support RMT/RWT in any capacity, but it can be tedious and slow to set up an AE farmer to actually start getting that several million inf/hour, especially if you're bootstrapping it, and playing the conversion lottery also takes time and effort that some people just don't want to invest in.  RMT is a lazy way out for those who don't want to put forth the effort to make money, no matter how easy it actually is with a smidge of effort.

Hell, I use conversion lottery as my cash method, and I use it as an excuse to load Youtube on my other monitor and watch other things while I click that convert button over and over.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I do have one concern about this:

When I first got here friends gave me a good chunk of influence to get going. Ive offered to do the same for others. Heck, I even talked to someone about starting a channel specifically so farmers like myself could help new players get their first inf building account going strong called "Kickstarter" channel, but decided I didnt have time to devote to it right now.  I just want to make sure your detection method is more complex than "party x gave party Y a bunch of money in a trade for nothing" so good will stuff like that doesn't get scooped up.  I assume it includes looking at chat logs, etc.  If not, it should. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like 5

I farm.  Probably too much, too many hours, and too many weeks now.

I've helped non-farmers by PL-ing their soon-to-be-a-farmer toon, to 50, so they can get started doing it for themselves.

I've offered advice on my build and how much it cost me (Tullus, Indomitable; 2 billion+ infl).

I've given away tons of influence to lowbies and new players (as I was given influence as a lowbie), and told them to Pay It Forward.

But I would never imagine selling my farming services for RL money!

Good on the Devs for catching these thieves (because that's what they are) and banning them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Felis Noctu said:

What I think is interesting is that they consider Homecoming profitable for their time. As annoying as it is, that's a compliment! 😛

And a damned good way to get the game shut down...

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

I don't support RMT/RWT in any capacity, but it can be tedious and slow to set up an AE farmer to actually start getting that several million inf/hour, especially if you're bootstrapping it, and playing the conversion lottery also takes time and effort that some people just don't want to invest in.  RMT is a lazy way out for those who don't want to put forth the effort to make money, no matter how easy it actually is with a smidge of effort.

Hell, I use conversion lottery as my cash method, and I use it as an excuse to load Youtube on my other monitor and watch other things while I click that convert button over and over.

The thing is though, Because it's free, there are people out there GIVING away Inf. Hell, I was joking (when am I not?) and was given funds (not a small amount) that I "needed" to get some fun stuff for my alts. Don't go begging, but there are ways to get it like CC, etc.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

37 minutes ago, McCavity said:

I don't want to sound dim, but what is Real World Trading?

Basically selling accounts, in-game items and/or in-game currency for real money or other real world goods.  An example would be giving someone $10 for a billion influence.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.