The Trouble with Indom

cfarevival

I have been playing since 2019.  I chose the Indomitable server at total random, but once I got in there, I never left.  Nowadays, it seems, aside from a few players (Monk and team, Killshot, and those on my SG) there are very few people.

In fact, it seems like Hami Raids, MSR, and iTrials are about all that goes on there.  Not that I am complaining, those things are great, but there is so much more to be done.

What can be done about it?  I would love to see Indom carrying the numbers Excelsior carries, but that might be a pipe dream.  Is there a way to attact more people to the server?

Just throwing this out there as a discussion.  Thanks!

Server:  Indomitable

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), HERTlC (Mind/Energy Dominator), Meissner Effect (Electric/Ice Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), StarSpangledBrawler (Street Justice/Super Reflexes Brute), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper)

You pretty much named all the level 50 league content and those things happen pretty much daily.  In the Looking for Group channel you see call outs for the WST fairly regularly, more so towards the beginning of the week. 

Fact of the matter is, not a lot of the rest of the content in the game requires a large team anymore if you aren't running +4/x8. 

I notice other TFs forming daily, not as regularly as Excelsior but they are out there.  They even form 3-5 hours that the level 50 content is being done nightly.

I find that I tend to join other's far more often than I 'start' a group. But most of the time if I am looking for something specific to do, I can find others to join in. Just have to put it out there. 

Been badge hunting recently, and I've gotten help with every GM I've taken on the last few weeks.  

Oh, I understand that there are people there.  And generally, I have experienced the same thing as you.  But something else I have experienced is what appears to be a mass exodus from Indom to the other servers.  I have asked the question:  where is so-and-so, and MOST of the time the response is that they left for Everlasting.  Seems strange to me.  I am pretty loyal, so I am sticking with Indom, but just trying to figure out why many are leaving.

Server:  Indomitable

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), HERTlC (Mind/Energy Dominator), Meissner Effect (Electric/Ice Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), StarSpangledBrawler (Street Justice/Super Reflexes Brute), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper)

• 2 weeks later

This has me a bit worried too. Indomitable is my home to all my characters. I would hate to try and move them. So many names are gone. I like the ones I have. Plus my bases I made. I hope they keep indomitable open. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 12:31 AM, Spectre7878 said:

This has me a bit worried too. Indomitable is my home to all my characters. I would hate to try and move them. So many names are gone. I like the ones I have. Plus my bases I made. I hope they keep indomitable open. 

I am the same. Early 2020 I contemplated moving some of my characters. I have 42 lvl 50s, so I thought just a few of them might be a good start. Most of them came back. Yes the population is a little light, and we could stand for a little boost. One of the issues, from my perspective, is that there are tons of new players that are completely new to COX. There are a handful of veteran players who were strong in 2019 but faded out late late year. 

I like Indom. I like that it has a smaller population because I know / recognize many of the regular players. I think if we could get over 200 - 250 people on the weekends reliably, that would be ok. This past Sunday night for all the raids, we had 180 ish on. Another 50 - 75 regular players would be a good injection.

• Thumbs Up 2