Rogue cannot be invited.

Snarky

LFG: Going for spider badge come to Ouro pst

Me, Ouro portal, load to Ouro.

Private tell: LF Spider badge.

Long minute passes.

Team Leader: "Come to Ouro"

Me: "in Ouro"

I check all my setting.  Yep, still Rogue.  Not queued for anything.  Last thing I did was a ITF, successfully completed.

Ouro is deserted. Team leader flies up.

Team Leader: "Still wont let me invite you"

Me: "Sigh. No worries GL"

Not the first, only, or last time this crap happens.  Is there anything I can do to make it better?  Or is it just some crazy ass bug like Crab backpack showing up on all my characters or my team teleport button being greyed out until I pull power down and manually check I bought it....???

20 minutes ago, Marshal_General said:

I have found that it helps to zone into a hero side zone if you are joining a hero side team even in Oro or PD and vise versa for Vigilante.

i came in from FBZ, technically a blue side zone...

5 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

When I have had this happen as the team lead it was because one of the other members of the team was not in the zone. Once everyone was in zone I could invite.

Wait, something wasn't @Snarky's fault?

That's it, we're doomed.  The end of the world is upon us.

• Haha 6

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

7 minutes ago, SuperPlyx said:

When I have had this happen as the team lead it was because one of the other members of the team was not in the zone. Once everyone was in zone I could invite.

This would be my best guess. The fact that the leader didn't know this - well, it may have saved you from another "Snarky Adventure with a pug". 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

We have had this happen when everyone was in Pocket D. The rogue even went into KR and back and still couldn't be invited. Sometimes it just flakes out.

This.

Often being the one playing the Rogue, I've had this happen a fair few times. Zoning doesn't always fix the problem, unfortunately. (When people ask me *why* I have two identical versions of my main... one a Rogue and the other a Hero... I tell them that getting around this problem is the reason. It happened to Rogue!Kai that often. 😫 )  

• Sad 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 hour ago, Marshal_General said:

We have had this happen when everyone was in Pocket D. The rogue even went into KR and back and still couldn't be invited. Sometimes it just flakes out.

9 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

This.

So everything is @Snarky's fault?

That is a relief.  I just spent the morning doing laundry naked and I was concerned that the apocalypse would be upon us before it dried.  It wouldn't be proper to die without my clothes properly folded and stored.

• Haha 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

55 minutes ago, Luminara said:

So everything is @Snarky's fault?

That is a relief.  I just spent the morning doing laundry naked and I was concerned that the apocalypse would be upon us before it dried.  It wouldn't be proper to die without my clothes properly folded and stored.

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

You know I was just thinking that it had been a while since my Rogue had any trouble on a blue team.  Why I'd even gone to Ouro on several occasions without being summarily booted from the team I was on.

But Karma was listening and a few days ago I was in a decent team, I forget what we were doing exactly but the next mission was a "Board Transit" and the team lead decided to go to Ouro for it.  I don't know if that's what caused the problem but for some reason she couldn't set the mission.  We'd been running in blue zones just fine up till then.  She finally asked if anyone was redside and I fessed up.  

"Can you switch to blue?"

I did the only (dis)honorable thing: Thanked the team for the missions and left.  It was late anyway, but I still wouldn't have considered side switching just for that.  For badges maybe... but not for one team.  I have standards! 😈

• Like 1

The nice thing about the Gull is that you can switch directly to Vigilante. If that salvages your conscience. (And helps fix the problem, I hope!)

Anyway, it's fun to run the gamut of alignments with Null, just to grab all those badges. And a week later you get a nifty power for whatever alignment you stopped on, which I love.

• Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I'm being a little facetious here.  If it had been earlier in the evening and I was really enjoying the team, and they were actually willing to wait for me to switch, I might have done it.

And yeah, I'd have gone Vig certainly.

Speaking of Gull, I need to switch another vig to rogue just to see that great line about, and I can't remember it exactly, but it's something like "Congrats! You're a Rogue now.  The devs don't hate you anymore.  They just ignore you."

ETA: Or was that said only when going Villain to Rogue? Hmmm...

Edited by ZemX
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ZemX said:

You know I was just thinking that it had been a while since my Rogue had any trouble on a blue team.  Why I'd even gone to Ouro on several occasions without being summarily booted from the team I was on.

But Karma was listening and a few days ago I was in a decent team, I forget what we were doing exactly but the next mission was a "Board Transit" and the team lead decided to go to Ouro for it.  I don't know if that's what caused the problem but for some reason she couldn't set the mission.  We'd been running in blue zones just fine up till then.  She finally asked if anyone was redside and I fessed up.  

"Can you switch to blue?"

I did the only (dis)honorable thing: Thanked the team for the missions and left.  It was late anyway, but I still wouldn't have considered side switching just for that.  For badges maybe... but not for one team.  I have standards! 😈

Yeah, going to Ouroboros for board transit missions will break for co-op teams.  Your best bet is to use Team Transporter for board transit missions instead.  It works just fine for co-op teams now as long as everyone is in the same zone when used, and it's a good reason for everyone to buy it when they can afford it even if they don't want to use it just to get to missions quickly.

I hear you.  I very, very rarely team for story arcs as I prefer to solo them, but when I do, I'm not about to change my character's alignment for the team.  The only exception would be running a blue side story arc via Ouroboros Flashback.  Have to try to keep the red side numbers up in the server status, after all. :classic_tongue:

7 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Yeah, going to Ouroboros for board transit missions will break for co-op teams. 

I thought about asking the team to step out of Ouro and go to a real tram station but... again, it was late.  I might have tried that line earlier in the day. 

It's funny how lazy stuff like the Ouro portal has made us.  I've seen people port to Ouro when running to a tram would have taken less than 30 seconds.  And it's unusual for it to take much longer.  One can also go to Ouro and back to Talos and be dropped right next to the tram station.

2 minutes ago, ZemX said:

I thought about asking the team to step out of Ouro and go to a real tram station but... again, it was late.  I might have tried that line earlier in the day. 

It's funny how lazy stuff like the Ouro portal has made us.  I've seen people port to Ouro when running to a tram would have taken less than 30 seconds.  And it's unusual for it to take much longer.  One can also go to Ouro and back to Talos and be dropped right next to the tram station.

Yeah.  Going to an actual tram or using Team Transporter?  Perish the thought!  We’ll just make the Rogue change alignment.

Blue side privilege at work.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

Yeah.  Going to an actual tram or using Team Transporter?  Perish the thought!  We’ll just make the Rogue change alignment.

Blue side privilege at work.

To be fair, I can LRTP to Pocket D, hit up Gull, and then Ouro back in probably less than a minute, so it's not quite so outrageous a suggestion really.  I'm not sure if anyone would have objected to trying Talos either.  It seemed like a pretty easy going group.

Now that I'm aware it's a sticking point, I might even bring it up with teams I join if I know there's a transit mission coming up.

I just did Positron's Betrayer on my main as a rogue and had no problem Ouro Transporting to the final mission of Rule of 3. I wonder what the breaking point is? Maybe there were other Rogues on the team? Maybe team lead was a Rogue? I can't really say. Anecdotal and incomplete evidence submitted for revue though.

16 hours ago, Xenosone said:

Only problem i have with my bestside character is unless im on a tf/sf ill get dropped if i goto base

I used to have this issue.  I have not had it in a very very long time.  I just assumed they had fixed it.  As long as I started team Blue I can use base for anything I need.

48 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I've had this happen a few times... logging out and back in always fixed it.

there is a good way to miss every ITF rolling lol.  this is very common problem when trying to join ITF  standing right by the team leader and no hope of making the team as it fills.  "sorry" comes the tell after 3-5 attempts to send me an invite fail.  off they roll.