What are you badger builds?

KaizenSoze

I am curious what builds people use for their badging chars.

Which ones have you successfully gotten close to all the badges? Say over 1250.

My is a Fortunata, has all the badges expect for the Nemesis zone event.

There are some many potential builds. Nice, to see what people enjoyed enough to grind out the badges.

A good "Task Force" build, not a "Farm" build would be my only suggestion.  99% badges on this game just require the time and effort to collect.

The Ski Chalet badges do go easier with certain "movement Power" builds IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH THOSE POWERS  Otherwise the learning curve on, say jumping, can be as tough as just learning the slopes.  I use fly on the slopes and have 4/6 nailed with a couple hours effort.  The time commitment and luck to get the last two are currently daunting me.

If you were soloing a lot of the tougher badges you might need some special stuff.  But just get with the teams and run the character.  You will be collecting badges like mad.  

More important than what build you make is what plan you have.  You have limited amount of time.  Keep track of what you have done and plan out your next 10 or 20 badges.  Especially for Task Forces and Mission Arcs.  That way if you see a team running that content you know that is your train.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just picked my main toon to be my "badger".  I don't think it's build so much as desire to play that character.  It's going to take a  lot of time, so make it one of your most favorite-to-play characters, I'd say.

Not that I am anywhere near all the badges.  Don't know if I ever will be.  But I'm about halfway there.

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

You have limited amount of time. 

Is this a comment on mortality? 🤪  Otherwise, I kind of just view badging as something to do when I'm not doing anything else.  I don't plan rigorously, but I'll try to be aware of badge opportunities too.  I downloaded a badge popmenu so I can quickly consult what I have or don't have and it certainly makes locating explorations or plaques dead easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mine is the same as on Live, elec/elec blaster. 1313 badges, and aside from the Nemesis event badge, content not to have the badges I'm missing.

Edited by Placta

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

28 minutes ago, merrypessimist said:

Wouldn't a badger build have to be savage/something with a variant on "Wulfereen" for a name? 😁

I do not have a badger but I had a character named Unarmed Wombat.

Oh, not that kind of badger?  My badging character is my main, who happens to be a broadsword/regen scrapper.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

While live was my Necro/Dark MM, on HC I went to my new main Ice/Psi dom as my badge hunter. About 10 badges now to have them all.

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

which ever build can run jump fly or port to the various badges and smack the hunt all badges down

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?

I do most of my badging on my main main, a Claws/Willpower Scrapper.  This is not because the build is particularly ideal for it or anything, but just because, well, it's my "namesake" character in the first place.  Of course, I have a few different "Lazarillo" characters and a couple others I also badge with, albeit less fervently, most notably a Time/Rad Defender who had been my "main" back in the late days of the game's original run, up until it was shut down in 2012 (and one of the first, if not the first I remade for HC).

Beyond that, I do a little bit of badging on my Fortunata, and my Pain/Sonic Defender, and I've even been thinking about making another (likely a Brute of some variety), but for now, when I'm in a badge-y mood I mostly just focus on filling the gaps on those.

My first, my main of mains a Claws/SR scrapper from i3 to i23 then, story of my life, the computer died.  Recreated here on HC and then the latest computer died.  Is there a badge for having computer failures 🤪.  Bug Hunter was one of the few she didn't have on Live...yeah computers hate me.

• Like 1

One of my friends when he first started created a Katana/Regen scrapper.  He spent, well, several hours in Outbreak before finally giving another friend a call for help.  He couldn't figure out how to get out of the tutorial and into the game proper.  His scrapper was the only one among us for a long time (until Ouroborous) to have the Contaminated badge.  He'd defeated god only knows how many Contaminated until he made that phone call. 😄

• Haha 1