+6/x16

Aoleleb

I'm fairly certain this is a visual glitch as it doesn't seem to actually change spawns past x8, but my notoriety options got me very excited for a moment. "Setting" it to +6 doesn't actually change the level in my missions, but x16 does show up as though it was adjusted.

image.png.c715c6e7a85bd6761fd9c79916558b34.png
image.png.0942f7c5725f6507e5f24f065a2ae028.png
image.png.4a6418651aa890c49bc05cf745cec4c3.png

Edited by Aoleleb
  • Thumbs Down 1

58 minutes ago, Aoleleb said:

I'm fairly certain this is a visual glitch as it doesn't seem to actually change spawns past x8, but my notoriety options got me very excited for a moment. "Setting" it to +6 doesn't actually change the level in my missions, but x16 does show up as though it was adjusted.

image.png.c715c6e7a85bd6761fd9c79916558b34.png
image.png.0942f7c5725f6507e5f24f065a2ae028.png
image.png.4a6418651aa890c49bc05cf745cec4c3.png

Which shard?

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Just now, Aoleleb said:

Everlasting. I haven't made characters on the other shards to test.

What zone/map are you in?

@Rathstar

Unable to reproduce.  I'm logged on to Everlasting, in Pocket D.  I also logged on to different characters in AP, KR, and Ouroboros.

image.png.5d95ad9f1318bc6f8de1b85e3dd2293a.png

image.png.8e675778eac165ab4511342cf41fad54.png

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1

@Rathstar

Look at his screenshot carefully. It's from a server other than Homecoming.

• Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

2 hours ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Look at his screenshot carefully. It's from a server other than Homecoming.

Oh, I caught that right away, which is why I asked him which shard, to which he replied "Everlasting".  I'd hate to think this person is intentionally trying to deceive us or waste our time.

• Confused 1

@Rathstar

I'm pretty sure that the technical term is "troll."

• Thumbs Down 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

It would not be hard to create a modified version of the quickchat.mnu to display these options. Whomever made the one in the screenshot didn't pay close attention to the quick key designations in the 'Team Size' sub-menu.

Edited to add that I don't intend to imply that the OP is the one who made it. To the OP, if you look in your <CoH Root Folder>\data\texts\English\menus folder and see a quickchat.mnu file there, that may be the cause of what you are seeing.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I really don't understand why so many people think I'd make a bug report as a joke or trolling effort... I noticed that my menu had weird non-functional options and reported it as a bug. Eff me I guess.

Yeah Apparition, I'm using Tequila as my launcher and I did try out a couple extra servers a while back for kicks. I guess one of those must have messed with the quick menu file and I just never noticed, because that file also had those extra options in it. Re-validating didn't work, but deleting the file THEN re-validating did. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2