Dual Pistols Heal/Buff Power Set

Apparition

Archery has Trick Arrow, why not give Dual Pistols a Dual Pistols heal/buff support set?  Load your pistols with serum injections that heal or buff your team mates.  Someone low on HPs?  Shoot him or her with a healing injection.  Someone low on endurance?  Shoot him or her with a +recovery injection.  Mostly I want a support set that lets me shoot my teammates.

Edited by Apparition
  • Haha 1

Cool idea, conceptually speaking, and I do approve.

I think it has a low chance of being implemented, mainly because healing powers are considered to be essentially unnecessary in this game (not by me- I still appreciate them- but it's a commonly held position among the player base).

8 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Cool idea, conceptually speaking, and I do approve.

I think it has a low chance of being implemented, mainly because healing powers are considered to be essentially unnecessary in this game (not by me- I still appreciate them- but it's a commonly held position among the player base).

Oh, I realize that it has about a 0.001% chance of implementation.  Just that the chance is a flat 0% if I don't ask. :classic_biggrin:  As far as healing... it's not great, but it has its uses, and for some reason I see guns being used for healing and buffs instead of primarily debuffs like Trick Arrow.  Besides, heals and buffs allow for you to shoot your teammates. :classic_tongue:

Needs some self buffs in there, so you shoot yourself.

Or PBAOE buffs.  Shoot yourself and it explodes on to the rest of the team.

Also a summons in there.  So I shoot a bullet and a stone dragon appears breathing fire at enemies.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was thinking it would be easier to do a Manipulation (Blaster Secondary) set.  A semi-clone of Field Operative from devices would work for the heal, Something like Shinobi could work to replace the damage buff. Get a mix of effects like Trick Arrow, Devices, and Ninjitsu in there. Have a "Shot Through The Heart" power that is similar to Experimental Injection from the Experimentation pool, but with range.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Personally I just wish it was possible to have Trick Arrow powers shoot out of dual pistols/assault rifle/beam rifle. I do suppose at this point you'd have to make a completely different set though.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

On 8/18/2021 at 10:27 AM, Apparition said:

Archery has Trick Arrow, why not give Dual Pistols a Dual Pistols heal/buff support set?  Load your pistols with serum injections that heal or buff your team mates.  Someone low on HPs?  Shoot him or her with a healing injection.  Someone low on endurance?  Shoot him or her with a +recovery injection.  Mostly I want a support set that lets me shoot my teammates.

Hee, this amuses me. When I briefly played SWTOR, I played a bounty hunter healer type character, and from what I remember, we shot people similarly to what you're describing to heal them and such. I'd be down for healing/buffing/debuffing with dual pistols in CoH.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

• 2 weeks later
On 8/18/2021 at 12:27 PM, Apparition said:

Mostly I want a support set that lets me shoot my teammates.

As I was playing the other night, I wondered about adding an ammunition to Swap Ammo. Healing Cloud, or something like that. I suppose you could have a targeted AoE heal with regular damage on the target, but an ally AoE heal around them. Not sure how you would buff that unless you allowed slots for Swap Ammo itself. It's not quite what you want, but maybe an easier lift programming wise?