Patch Notes for August 24th, 2021

Faultline

• City Council

General

This is a support patch for the Cimerora Contest for Mission Architect. Please check that thread for more information!

Mission Architect

Map changes:

• Cimerora - Battle Map: split into front, middle and back regions.
  • Cimerora - Castellum Quarter: newly released map.
  • Cimerora - Sybil Temple: split into front, middle and back regions.
  • Cimerora - Vespillos Pass: newly released map.

Added the following critters and enemy groups to Architect:

• Angry Citizens (1-5)
  • Cimerorans (35-54): Immunes Surgeon, Peasant, Sybil, Marcus Valerius, Sister Airlia, Sister Valeria
  • Cimeroran Beasts (35-54): Minotaur (four versions), Cyclops (four versions)
  • Cimeroran Traitors (35-54): Immunes Surgeon
  • Cimeroran Traitors (50-54)
  • Civilian (1-54): Alexis Cole-Duncan, Emperor Marcus Cole
  • Decaying Eidolons (29-54)
  • Diabolique Spirit (50-54): Shadow Lord, Shadow Mistress, Shadow Demon
  • Pandora's Might (40-50)
  • Praetorian Police (1-24): Cole's Clone (two versions)
  • Prisoners (30-38)
  • The Cabal (25-34): Sprite
  • Tyrant Follower (50-54): Olympian Guard, Tyrant (50-54)
  • UPA (30-54)

Added contacts from Dark Astoria: Captain Nolan, Dream Doctor, Ephram Sha, Heather Townshend, Maharaj, Max, Midnight Loremaster, Mu'Vorkan, Praetor Duncan
Added contact from Cimerora: Sister Solaris

Renamed "Carnie" enemy group to "Carnival of Shadows" for consistency with "Carnival of Light", "Canival of Vengeance" and "Carnival of War".

Made some changes to the arc validation to prevent published story arcs from being invalidated by these changes. Arcs that have not been published yet may still become invalid, or have certain parts of it change; please double-check your arcs before publishing.

Powers

The power "Energized Shield" that most Cimeroran critters should have was accidentally removed during a previous patch. It has been restored, with a bit of a naming shuffle:

• "Energized Shield" actually had the effects of the power "Phalanx Fighting" from Shield Defense, so it has been renamed to match that.
  • Cimerorans also had a "Phalanx Fighting" power which was just a basic self defense auto, so it has been renamed to "Roman Armor".
  • There were no changes to the actual powers, just the names. Cimerorans have the exact same powers they had from their release until Issue 24, besides the name changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7
  • Thumbs Up 5

So.  I was doing PI radio missions, when suddenly, after bank, I was forced (I could have autocompleted it, I suppose) to do a mission for "BOSS_NAME" and it was full of cimerorans!  My team struggled through the whole time!  It was tough.   Coincidence?

Server:  Everlasting

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

4 minutes ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Radio/Newspaper missions sometimes suffer an interesting glitch after patches which causes them to randomize the contents.  I once had a Newspaper in Port Oakes where it was full of 1950s Etoile Civilians in a Sewer map after a patch a long while ago.

Trafficking!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Time travel villains: "Sure, we'll get you to safety now that Lord Recluse has taken over...ahem."

• Thanks 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

1 minute ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

AH!
Temporal Trafficking in humans displaced from other eras.
Kind of like the plot to Airframe.

Could make for an interesting storyline in-game.

Maybe even for the Cimerora AE contest . . . 

I've already submitted my entry for that I'm afraid.  Nice idea though!

17 hours ago, Faultline said:

The power "Energized Shield" that most Cimeroran critters have was accidentally removed during a previous patch. It has been restored.

PSA: this means Cimerorans now have their ally-scaling defense bonus restored.

Unlike the player version of Phalanx fighting, it also provides mez protection!

• Developer

Slight update to the patch notes... The Cimeroran Traitors restored power 'Energized Shield' received a small update for better tracking and theming and was renamed 'Roman Armor', which has confused some players checking the Combat Attributes when they did not see Energized Shield.

Also worth noting due to the fast track; The powers on the level 50-54 Cimeroran Traitors bracket are not quite final, and will be getting a few updates when Page 3 goes to testing later. Also, the (currently very WIP) Minotaur Nictus Axe will be going to players at that time as well.

Stay tuned for more good things, there's a lot coming soon!

😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

11 minutes ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

Slight update to the patch notes... The Cimeroran Traitors restored power 'Energized Shield' received a small update for better tracking and theming and was renamed 'Roman Armor', which has confused some players checking the Combat Attributes when they did not see Energized Shield.

Also worth noting due to the fast track; The powers on the level 50-54 Cimeroran Traitors bracket are not quite final, and will be getting a few updates when Page 3 goes to testing later. Also, the (currently very WIP) Minotaur Nictus Axe will be going to players at that time as well.

Stay tuned for more good things, there's a lot coming soon!

😉

I don't believe the last bit about the WIP has been teased on these boards yet, so this is a nice hint to the players of things to come!

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

• Developer
40 minutes ago, Glacier Peak said:

I don't believe the last bit about the WIP has been teased on these boards yet, so this is a nice hint to the players of things to come!

There's a LOT coming; Page 3 is shaping up to be one of our biggest content releases to date. The AE updates were a tiny piece of the pie that we shipped early so we could run the story contest currently happening.

Good (and EVIL) things in store... 😈

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

7 hours ago, Cobalt Arachne said:

There's a LOT coming; Page 3 is shaping up to be one of our biggest content releases to date. The AE updates were a tiny piece of the pie that we shipped early so we could run the story contest currently happening.

Good (and EVIL) things in store... 😈

Would you hurry up and rock my world 😀

Edited by arcane
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Faultline

I commend and thank you for making all of these available so far, but I do have to ask the following, are these enemies planned for release in AE also?

Axis American: The Reichsman (Level 40-54)

Devouring Earth (Praetorian): Avatar of Hamidon (Level 50-54) not the Monster Avatar, the Elite-Boss/Arch-Villain version (the weaker avatar that appears in Number Six's arc)

Lanaru the mad (Level 40-50)

Also,

Are there any plans to release the destroyed Imperial City map, and the map with the seeds of Hamidon hovering above along with the avatar stomping around Imperial?

There's also the current maps of Atlas Park which are not available in AE (Namely the one in the Positron Task Force), is that one slated for release later?

Edited by Panthonca7034
added additional comments

• City Council
22 hours ago, Panthonca7034 said:

@Faultline

I commend and thank you for making all of these available so far, but I do have to ask the following, are these enemies planned for release in AE also?

Axis American: The Reichsman (Level 40-54)

Devouring Earth (Praetorian): Avatar of Hamidon (Level 50-54) not the Monster Avatar, the Elite-Boss/Arch-Villain version (the weaker avatar that appears in Number Six's arc)

Lanaru the mad (Level 40-50)

Also,

Are there any plans to release the destroyed Imperial City map, and the map with the seeds of Hamidon hovering above along with the avatar stomping around Imperial?

There's also the current maps of Atlas Park which are not available in AE (Namely the one in the Positron Task Force), is that one slated for release later?

Re: enemies, there's a thread to collect those:

Re: maps, it really depends on available time vs. how much a map is wanted; most newer maps aren't set up with generic spawn points that AE can understand and all the spawn points need to be re-placed from scratch in order to make them available.

• Like 1