Measure distance ingame question

SuperPlyx

You can also enable continuous loc data display with /showfps 2 or 3, which displays loc data. You'll need to make notes or do some quick math but it's flexible.

Another trick is to bind a key to /loc, so you can tap it at one location and then another, and do the math from the entries in chat.

Edited by Shenanigunner
Added calc sheet
  • Thanks 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

As a tester, I really hope someday we can get a /Slash command that tells us distance to target.

@Number Six is it possible to create a /dist2tgt Slash command?

• Like 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I used the /loc method mentioned above recently testing Tanker AoE arc/radius buff:

screenshot_210910-11-40-30.jpg.1f6269baad32f38d95d05ce821d66814.jpg

In this case, I stood next to the targeted Luddite above and got /loc. Clicked on it.  Then just manually typed the coordinates in chat with small adjustments to move the pin under the Luddite. e.g. /loc gives [x y z] so type [x+2 y z] in local chat and click it again.  etc.  As it is, in the pic above I should probably have moved the pin a little closer to me since I think the attack hits if it intersects whatever the bounding box of the target is, so putting the pin a foot closer to me is likely more accurate for the target shown.  I think I had cases where I centered the pin between the target's feet and hit them at 10ft (when the power has a 9ft range).  So be aware of that.