Jump to content

How high does incamate thread stack?


misat

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

More reason to add a conversion for threads to emps!

Personally, I'd love this. But, I don't think it will ever happen, and that's because as solo friendly as this game is, with all the farmers we have and emp merits being tradeable among alts, those with farmers would never have to run an iTrial for salvage again. 

The only way I see it happening were if it had some sort of influence sink to accompany it. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Personally, I'd love this. But, I don't think it will ever happen, and that's because as solo friendly as this game is, with all the farmers we have and emp merits being tradeable among alts, those with farmers would never have to run an iTrial for salvage again. 

The only way I see it happening were if it had some sort of influence sink to accompany it. 

 

To be fair, I don't think I've run a single iTrial yet on HC. Maybe DD once with the SG. It was so easy to farm Heather's arc in DA for everything I needed that there never seemed to be a point.

 

But I get what you're saying. Just kinda blows that the ONLY thing you can do with all those extra threads is buy insps that I don't bother using or craft more incarnate powers that I don't need.

 

I'd be happy with a ridiculous conversion value, too. 1 emp = 20 threads? Ok, make it 200 threads to make an emp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why make the conversion rate so wastefully bad? Placating those people who think we should still be running iTrials until our eyes bleed would probably be necessary, sadly, but I say don't give them any more ground than we have to. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Why make the conversion rate so wastefully bad? Placating those people who think we should still be running iTrials until our eyes bleed would probably be necessary, sadly, but I say don't give them any more ground than we have to. 

 

I hear ya. At the same time, however, ANY conversion rate would be a buff.

 

Just spot checking my mains:

BZB Scrap - 1814 threads

BZB Brute - 676

Main Sent - 805

Shield/Nrg Tank - 443

BZB Tank - 608

Main farmer - 2120

 

And that's after repeated dumps on Luna for insps to drop on the market. At this point, I'd be happy with any conversion rate at all.

Edited by Bill Z Bubba
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 6:24 AM, Ukase said:

Personally, I'd love this. But, I don't think it will ever happen, and that's because as solo friendly as this game is, with all the farmers we have and emp merits being tradeable among alts, those with farmers would never have to run an iTrial for salvage again. 

The only way I see it happening were if it had some sort of influence sink to accompany it. 

First off, there are still badges to obtain from the incarnate trials. But frankly i barely do the trials to get my powers anyway. It is much faster to use the 2207 and just collect stuff that way. Between that and constantly keeping a fresh low vet level farmer i normally have enough emp merits that it really doesnt matter anyway. 

 

All the converstion really does is make sure that you get to play the character you want to play for fun vs. the one you feel obligated to work on. And i always side with the options that increase my fun factor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2021 at 10:40 AM, Coyotedancer said:

Why make the conversion rate so wastefully bad? Placating those people who think we should still be running iTrials until our eyes bleed would probably be necessary, sadly, but I say don't give them any more ground than we have to. 

We already know for a fact that empyreans are worth more than 20 threads. You can get a rare incarnate component for 8 emp merits, or for 4 uncommons, 100 more threads, and a sizable inf fee. In other words, they would be undercutting their own existing system if the conversion rate was any less than.. (60*4+100)/8 plus more to account for the inf fee. Any ratio more favorable than 50 to 1 would be broken.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

We already know for a fact that empyreans are worth more than 20 threads. You can get a rare incarnate component for 8 emp merits, or for 4 uncommons, 100 more threads, and a sizable inf fee. In other words, they would be undercutting their own existing system if the conversion rate was any less than.. (60*4+100)/8 plus more to account for the inf fee. Any ratio more favorable than 50 to 1 would be broken.

 

50 to 1? Sure. That makes sense.

 

200 to 1... not so much. 

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Coyotedancer said:

 

50 to 1? Sure. That makes sense.

 

200 to 1... not so much. 

I’d rather it be a bit punishing though because a buff primarily beneficial to vet levels 100+ is a buff primarily beneficial to farmers, and, as a daily farmer with several 100+’s... I can assure you we’re doing just fine in the grand scheme of things. Maybe when they nerf Burn’s proc rate I’ll get a little frustrated or something, but right now we’re already living on easy street.

Edited by arcane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I’d rather it be a bit punishing though because a buff primarily beneficial to vet levels 100+ is a buff primarily beneficial to farmers, and, as a daily farmer with several 100+’s... I can assure you we’re doing just fine in the grand scheme of things.

 

I farm, too, Arcane.... And I still think 200-to-1 would be beyond ridiculous. 

 

Personally, this wouldn't be particularly useful for my own farmers,.. They're both on a secondary account, I have no plans to make any non-farmers on that account and since emps can't be transferred between accounts any threads I bothered to convert from Sunni or Harry would just sit there every bit as unused as the threads they have now.

 

No. I want to use this with Kai and Semnai and Tavaris and the rest of the frequently-played, non-farming 50s on my main account. They all have piles of threads picked up after their own iToys were complete. None of them have the number of threads my farmers do, but it would still be nice to be able to turn what they do have into emps for other alts. (And yes, I'd also *LOVE* to be able to transfer spare iBits from one character to another. Getting their T4s resulted in a huge pile of useless components for a few of them. It would be useful to be able to send, say, a couple of uncommons over to another alt who's had no luck getting anything but commons-)

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, arcane said:

I’d rather it be a bit punishing though because a buff primarily beneficial to vet levels 100+ is a buff primarily beneficial to farmers, and, as a daily farmer with several 100+’s... I can assure you we’re doing just fine in the grand scheme of things. Maybe when they nerf Burn’s proc rate I’ll get a little frustrated or something, but right now we’re already living on easy street.

Is it a nerf, so much as fixing a bug that has persisted for some time?

 

I would think a nerf assumes that a power was operating as intended, but exceeded expectations in real world use cases and needed to be pared back down to bring it in line with other similar powers.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Is it a nerf, so much as fixing a bug that has persisted for some time?

 

I would think a nerf assumes that a power was operating as intended, but exceeded expectations in real world use cases and needed to be pared back down to bring it in line with other similar powers.

You’re correct it’s a bug. However, I’m using the more informal definition of nerf - that is, the removal of any shiny toy, no matter how obviously justified - because that’s the definition most forum posters seem to react to.

Edited by arcane
  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Glacier Peak said:

Is it a nerf, so much as fixing a bug that has persisted for some time?

 

I would think a nerf assumes that a power was operating as intended, but exceeded expectations in real world use cases and needed to be pared back down to bring it in line with other similar powers.

Is this the pseudo pet proc rate thing that also applies to enflame from the sorcery pool and irradiated ground from rad melee? What is the deal with it? Like, why does it have a better proc rate? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...