Mastermind pets should die on level change

gameboy1234

I'd really like it if my Mastermind pets didn't die every time I changed levels.  It's really annoying, at least, and also kind of a chore for a player to keep having to resummon them.  Couldn't the pets just change levels themselves, and strip off any inappropriate buffs?  It seems like this wouldn't be super hard to do.

That's about it, thanks for listening.

They 100% should, in fact, die any time a Mastermind so much as sneezes. 

😏

Any "it seems like this should be super easy" suggestion I can almost guarantee is the exact opposite, because this wonderful city is held together by bubblegum and spit. 

• Haha 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

They die when your level changes because of an exploit that gave a lvl 1 mastermind access to lvl 49 minions.  Now if your level changes your pets die to prevent this.  Maybe it wasnt the most convenient for the player but this is what the OG devs did to fix the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Aurora_Girl said:

this wonderful city is held together by bubblegum and spit. 

Volunteer bubblegum and spit at that!  😀

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, TheZag said:

They die when your level changes because of an exploit that gave a lvl 1 mastermind access to lvl 49 minions.  Now if your level changes your pets die to prevent this.  Maybe it wasnt the most convenient for the player but this is what the OG devs did to fix the problem.

This.

And with the new changes to the recharge and endurance cost of the pets and upgrades, it may be annoying but that's All it is.

Starro recommends a starfish to go on every minion and mastermind regardless of level.  

• Thumbs Up 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

20 hours ago, Lancek said:

I think they should be the same level as the player, no more -1 or -2.

I'd give this a solid "Can we get this on test to see what happens?"

I mean, it's mostly a pain as a low to mid level MM (especially the 18-24 range) as I'm recalling, especially with those shifts.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.