To keep, or not to keep?

cranebump

Well, I was going to eventually pick up flight, but notice this when I used a plain ol' jet pack:

image.png.121d6f17d29730c339855e7902b7ac5f.png

Dat's a lotta rocketry.:-)

Tempted to just keep using jetpack as my flight travel, since my aux set is going to be Leadership.

(wonder how the small jetpack looks, or the Brickers?)

• Like 3

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I can also throw in Zero G + Prestige Jet pack for some nice jump. This makes the pack seem like it's a sort of catch-all device. 

Yeah, we'll keep that.:-)

• Thanks 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

5 hours ago, cranebump said:

(wonder how the small jetpack looks, or the Brickers?)

They're dirt cheap.  I bought them all on one character so I could see them up close.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

If it fits your character, and/or you're having fun with it, and/or there's nothing else in the flight or sorcery pool you want (though, you can pick up the pool anyway - heck, pick up both,) nothing wrong with keeping.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

There are few things in the game that respond to/enhance the look of your powers, so definitely keep it.

IIRC, MM Bots will get the boot jets if you Group Fly them, also. It's these little touches that help me love this game!

BTW, I vote for the small longbow jet pack. A huge model character with a cape will almost completely hide it. And of course my bots MMs take the Jump Jets from the P2W vendor, because of MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries fond memories.

Edited by DoctorDitko

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Sticking with it. The character (Whipsmart, 2nd version) is a BR/Regen sentinel. With the extra END buff (in addition to Stamina) can run the 3 leadership buffs without a hitch. He can bring a bit of support to the group.

4 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

There are few things in the game that respond to/enhance the look of your powers, so definitely keep it.

IIRC, MM Bots will get the boot jets if you Group Fly them, also. It's these little touches that help me love this game!

MM Bots indeed get little fiery jets out of their feet, and now that Group Fly's been fixed, it's actually useful for them.  I just got it on a new MM and I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of clicking the "attack" command for my flying legion of death-bots. 

Not to derail the topic!  Keep it, deffo.  About a fourth of my characters have no travel power pools, just use like Ninja Run+Sprint and a purchased jet pack, it's completely doable and not any kind of trouble..

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Rocket boots are the best boots, I remember one GM saying about a year ago. And yes, they are awesome on a fleet of invading Bots on Group Fly.

Anyway, I personally find the Raptor rocket pack a little too big for most of my toons, and so prefer the Gold Bricker's (which you get free after Marshal Brass' arc). On some of my toons, I don a costume that has the longbow jetpack included, but the actual toon doesn't use a flight power; instead, I purchase the longbow jetpack temp power from P2W lady and it fits exactly in the costume part... most of the time... if not, I just opt for the small version so that the temp power is hidden in the costume part.

But if you like the look of the Raptor, you can also get it free as a job perk when you park your toon in the shadow shards. after that, subsequent log offs earn you flyer minutes.

• Like 1