Elm st viability?

Gobbledygook

So, I'm looking at making a new Scrapper alt, and was curious as to whether or not it would be possible to make the st damage improve?

I had one back when HC first became public, but while the AoE was great, the st was just to weak for me. I like soloing AV's and other such things.

I've never used any of the snipes in the patron pools before, so I was curious if boosting damage via Incarnates, and replacing a regular attack with Zapp might make Elec melee more than a one trick pony.

Thoughts and advice appreciated, calling me crazy is ok as well. I have the paperwork to back up your claim.

2 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

So, I'm looking at making a new Scrapper alt, and was curious as to whether or not it would be possible to make the st damage improve?

I had one back when HC first became public, but while the AoE was great, the st was just to weak for me. I like soloing AV's and other such things.

I've never used any of the snipes in the patron pools before, so I was curious if boosting damage via Incarnates, and replacing a regular attack with Zapp might make Elec melee more than a one trick pony.

Thoughts and advice appreciated, calling me crazy is ok as well. I have the paperwork to back up your claim.

Yeah. You take a Stalker and the ST will improve. Same defense as a Scrapper, same damage as well. No agro auras though.

Or you take a Brute or Tanker and pair it with Fire Armor and you can also pup the ST damage with Burn and Fiery Embrace.

But outside of those two options Electric Melee is neither very good for AoE nor ST. It does look great though and in a team you should not notice with everyone helping pitching it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scrapper S/T on ELM is fine with Zapp, yes. Stalker S/T on ELM is amazing with Zapp and Assassin’s Strike.

I have an Elec/Ice/Mu Stalker and an Elec/Shield/Mu Scrapper. I recommend Stalker 🙂 Tho probably Elec/Shield/Mu Stalker to be optimal.

Edited by arcane

On 10/13/2021 at 2:58 AM, Gobbledygook said:

Do it. The others are correct that going stalker will be the biggest bump to ST damage, but if you want to stay scrapper, zapp is the way to go.

• Like 1

I can actually talk about this a lot. You're gonna have a very frustrating time doing ST DPS with ELM on a scrapper. It's not as rough a time as Staff though, and it takes some pretty smart work to make it decent on a stalker. I actually have done ELM/SD scrapper and ELM/SD stalker. Both high end.

These are averages, not best runs.

Scrapper     ElM/SD     4:14 
Stalker      ElM/SD     2:29 

Obviously, the best ST option for scrapper would be ELM/BIO/Snipe, but I wanted to make a direct comparison with those two.

Regardless, you can do some respectable ST DPS with a ELM scrapper. You aren't gonna be bragging about it, but you're also gonna be Lightning Rodding big mobs while everyone else enjoys your spectacle. ELM is a blast. Pun intended and not intended. You pair it with SD and you get two big tele-booms.

ELM is a freaking lot of fun.

If you're really curious how that stacks up (those times above) I would pop in to the Pylon thread. @Kachooman has compiled a spreadsheet with times including their AT/Combo.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Like 1

Thank's for the info folks, I'm not really into soloing the Pylons, though I do understand they are a pretty good yard stick to measure against.

I loved Elec on my Elec/Sd scrapper, just wasn't satisfied with the ST. Unfortunately, I stripped him and scrapped him. (See what I did there?)

Though I just remembered that we have a test server, so I can get on there to check this out for myself, then decide if I actually want to build another Scrapper, or try my hand at a Stalker.

2 hours ago, Gobbledygook said:

Thank's for the info folks, I'm not really into soloing the Pylons, though I do understand they are a pretty good yard stick to measure against.

I loved Elec on my Elec/Sd scrapper, just wasn't satisfied with the ST. Unfortunately, I stripped him and scrapped him. (See what I did there?)

Though I just remembered that we have a test server, so I can get on there to check this out for myself, then decide if I actually want to build another Scrapper, or try my hand at a Stalker.

Anyone who tries to argue that being able to solo a pylon doesn't translate to the rest of the combat in this game is wrong. Their opinion doesn't matter against fact. Getting good at knocking out a pylon absolutely increases your effieciency for the combat in general.

But to me, you're absolutely right. They are yardsticks used to measure. That's all they are to me personally.  If someone else has done the work and gotten the data, enjoy that. But there is a reason I have so much of my own. No one else has done it for the sets I'm interested in. There aren't many sets I can think of that CAN'T drop a pylon, but I'm sure they exist. That is not a burden I'm willing to bare. I'm just going to assume a Mind/Emp controller might not be able to do it without Lore pets. Can it? Maybe. Am I going to go out of my way to find out? Nope.

Done ELM on a Scrapper.  Is it top tier ST DPS?  No.  Is it able to get high enough to solo AVs before using Incarnate Abilities, in the Maria Jenkin arc?  It is!

So then it just becomes a matter of being fun to use 🙂  That said, I use it now on my ELM/BIO/Mu Stalker.