Focused Feedback: City Zones

• City Council

This is a Focused Feedback Thread

• Please note that Focused Feedback threads are heavily moderated to ensure they remain on topic.
    • Any off-topic posts in these threads will be removed without warning.
    • The thread will be locked when no more feedback is required, but you are more than welcome to continue the discussion in a new thread.
  • The most up-to-date version of the changes will be listed in the first post.
  • The changes in each build will be posted as replies.
    • Changes from the previous beta build are listed in green.
      • Green text will become white text in the next set of patch notes.
    • Any changes or fixes that are only relevant to the beta builds are listed in blue.
      • Blue text will be deleted in the next set of patch notes as it is only relevant to highlight changes between beta builds, not a changes from live.
    • Known issues are listed in purple.

City Zones 

Cimerora

• The zone now includes Castellum Quarter and Phoebas Point.
  • Many, many geometry issues with the zone have been fixed, and the assets tweaked to appear less blocky and remove flickering.
  • Mission doors in the zone (boats, buildings and Castellum Quarter) should now be clickable while open.
  • Sister Solaris has been moved to Phoebas Point.
    • Sister Solaris' story arc now uses Incarnate versions of Minotaur, Cyclops and Romulus.
  • Added Sister Valeria, currently a placeholder contact with no missions.

Abandoned Sewer Network

Added various Elite Bosses related to The Graveyard Shift story arc. Each pair below spawns in the same set locations, looking for the Lost Lab before the events of said arc.

• Pathogen & Malady
  • Salamander & Newt
  • Cortex & Grey Matter
  • Raverobber & Dubstitch

Added thematic mobs to accompany the above EBs:

• Decaying Eidolons with Cortex and Grey Matter
  • Regenerating Cadavers with Newt and Salamander
  • Diseased Abominations with Pathogen and Malady
  • Sneaky Freaks with Raverobber and Dubstitch

Replaced the majority of the Freakshow spawns leading to Dr. V's lost lab with Rikti, searching for Gav'ril.

First Ward & Night Ward

Fixed shadowed and lighted paths that were missing the entity phasing and sky change triggers.

Underground Neutropolis

• The Resistance Hub door will now open for Villains running Praetorian missions on Flashback.
  • Like 1

• Retired Developer

It's time to go spelunking in the abandoned sewers!

• Thumbs Up 1

"Science. Science, my friend, requires radical gambles and adventures in malpractice sometimes. Take solace in the fact that I tested the majority of these things on the dead, the re-dead, and the nearly departed before I went to live trials.

Honestly, most of my "specimens" were several iterations past being considered a human being with their original fingerprints, teeth, or IDs. So it was rather a lot like experimenting on moaning clay putty."

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master! For science and community!

I found this little oddness in the Phoebas Point in Cimerora. I was accustomed to mission maps where one could ascend by entering the door located in the cave, which led to an interior dungeon, which led in turn to the top. This door however is not enterable currently in the beta. On the other hand the way to the top is provided by another door in the back, near which is an exploration badge.

I wonder if it would be possible to make the door in the cave near the boat also lead to the top, or lead somewhere on the top of the Phoebas Point as well.

Edited by Itikar
  • Like 1

For those with VidiotMaps installed,  Homecoming/data/texture_library/MAPS/static/map_city_03_04.texture is the Cimerora Map.  Move that to another directory, (I moved mine to a temp outside of the HC directory) and you get the proper zone map on Beta.  This will also have the non-vidiot map for live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

How many new exploration badges have been added to Cimerora? So far I've only found Sanctuary, Voice of the Oracle, Out of Bounds, Human Nature, and Darkness Unleashed. I'm not sure if I should keep looking or if I got them all. 

Edit: I'm not sure if there's an accolade for getting them all, either. If I knew that, I wouldn't have to ask.

Edited by TheMightyC

16 minutes ago, TheMightyC said:

How many new exploration badges have been added to Cimerora?

There are 6 new badges (for a total of 8 exploration badges), and there is an exploration accolade for getting them all. Hints and a sneak preview of the updated Cimerora vidiotmap are in this thread if you need them.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
clarification
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, Booper said:

First Ward & Night Ward

Fixed shadowed and lighted paths that were missing the entity phasing and sky change triggers.

I'd just discovered on Homecoming that the Western-most part of the Southern Shadowed/Lighted Path in First/Night Ward was missing its phasing and sky change and was going to report it as a bug.  Glad to see it was already found and now fixed.  Screen captures from Brainstorm in the spoiler showing the fix is good.

Spoiler

20211119a.i27p3.Brainstorm.1.1.First_Ward.screenshot_211119-11-43-52.thumb.jpg.bd3480f71d7ca0d3ce34577e87022a19.jpg

20211119a.i27p3.Brainstorm.1.2.Night_Ward.screenshot_211119-11-44-58.thumb.jpg.d8a27805ebfd3254a92d8d691060e45e.jpg

On 11/2/2021 at 10:49 PM, Booper said:

Abandoned Sewer Network

Added various Elite Bosses related to The Graveyard Shift story arc. Each pair below spawns in the same set locations, looking for the Lost Lab before the events of said arc.

• Pathogen & Malady
  • Salamander & Newt
  • Cortex & Grey Matter
  • Raverobber & Dubstitch

Added thematic mobs to accompany the above EBs:

• Decaying Eidolons with Cortex and Grey Matter
  • Regenerating Cadavers with Newt and Salamander
  • Diseased Abominations with Pathogen and Malady
  • Sneaky Freaks with Raverobber and Dubstitch

Replaced the majority of the Freakshow spawns leading to Dr. V's lost lab with Rikti, searching for Gav'ril.

Alas, don't know where Dr. V's lost lab is located.  But I did know from CB where the new EB's are located in the Abandoned Sewers Network, so I went down there on Brainstorm to check them out and defeat them.

First went after Cortex and Grey Matter.  I think there's a costume glitch with the Decaying Eidolons.  As I was positioning to take some screenshots, somehow one or both of the EBs saw me (despite me later checking they had only EB-level perception of 54ft and with Devices Field Operative and a Celerity Stealth Proc in my running Prestige Power Surge, I had 65ft of stealth.  One said something about detecting someone and they aggroed.

Decided to just run away and come back, so I left the room they're in and the door closed behind me.  When I went back in a few minutes, all the Vahzilok including the EBs had disappeared.  Exited the room again and logged out.  I think it took over an hour or two before I could come back and find them there.

Here's the Decaying Eidolons wearing weird white top and boots straight out of some strange 1970's Disco Horror (and I like Disco 🙂 ).

20211119a.i27p3.Brainstorm.2.Decayed_Eidolon.screenshot_211119-10-46-37.png.ff6caba24bb807465fce4be110396dc0.png

After defeating all the 8 EBs, I checked my progress on the Epidemiologist Badge below.  Too bad there's not another Badge that tracks defeating Dubstitch & Raverobber and maybe other musically-themed major leaders.  Say call it the "Music Critic" Badge. 🙂

20211119a.i27p3.Brainstorm.3.Epidemiologist_Badge.screenshot_211119-11-29-43.png.6a2472c28dabe86babd3ddae94d2b2b9.png

I also used the P2W Power Analyser on all 8 EBs.  Dropbox link to a folder of the above 4 pics as well as 3 pics each per EB showing all of the EB's Combat Attributes.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/85q8qcwsyw03pi8/AACW2ugyFsJQf7mC2MdKRUeha?dl=0

Edited by Jacke
  • Thumbs Up 1

• City Council
On 11/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, Itikar said:

I found this little oddness in the Phoebas Point in Cimerora. I was accustomed to mission maps where one could ascend by entering the door located in the cave, which led to an interior dungeon, which led in turn to the top. This door however is not enterable currently in the beta. On the other hand the way to the top is provided by another door in the back, near which is an exploration badge.

I wonder if it would be possible to make the door in the cave near the boat also lead to the top, or lead somewhere on the top of the Phoebas Point as well.

No, because that door is a mission door.

• City Council
On 11/14/2021 at 3:42 PM, TheMightyC said:

How many new exploration badges have been added to Cimerora? So far I've only found Sanctuary, Voice of the Oracle, Out of Bounds, Human Nature, and Darkness Unleashed. I'm not sure if I should keep looking or if I got them all. 

Edit: I'm not sure if there's an accolade for getting them all, either. If I knew that, I wouldn't have to ask.

There is an accolade, and its hint text lists the names of all exploration badges.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Generator said:

Is Cimerora now accessible via the Long Range Teleporter when these badges are acquired?

No, please see this post (from a dev) for more info.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Generator said:

Are the EBs in the Abandoned Sewers level-less, or are they high-30s like the rest of the stuff down there?

They (along with the small entourage they surround themselves with) are level-less.