Sentinel epic/patron power pools

Severain

Hey Guys, i've currently been playing a Dual Pistols/Willpower Sent... Loving it, i'm all the way up to lvl 33 but for the life of me i can't find any info on any epic/ancillary/patron power pools info anywhere. anybody able to give me that info?

Thanks in advance :)

The pools for Sentinel were clearly designed all at once, to a theme, and with care.

As such they lack some of the ‘yall watch this’ super-powers that somehow slipped into other ancillary pools for other ATs.  We lack a second buildup, a mind-link style ‘defense for everyone’, or a superfast animating DPS/DPA booster like gloom.

The good news is you are more free to pick for flavor/concept/utility without feeling like your giving up Awesome Power.  The bad news?  No Awesome Power.  :)

• Like 1

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

The pools for Sentinel were clearly designed all at once, to a theme, and with care.

As such they lack some of the ‘yall watch this’ super-powers that somehow slipped into other ancillary pools for other ATs.  We lack a second buildup, a mind-link style ‘defense for everyone’, or a superfast animating DPS/DPA booster like gloom.

The good news is you are more free to pick for flavor/concept/utility without feeling like your giving up Awesome Power.  The bad news?  No Awesome Power.  :)

Wha??? Sentinel Psi ancillary has Link Minds! Providing defense, to-hit and psi-resist to the whole team! In fact, my psi/willpower Sentinel relies on it to softcap.

Dark Mastery and Soul Mastery also both have Darkest Night which I consider a pretty awesome power.

Rehabilitating Circuit in Electric Mastery is entirely unique too!

I guess its subjective but I consider these "awesome powers"

• Like 1

7hZ6srn.png

Kyriani-Nic-Jem

From a kind Redditor Risko_Vinsheen:

Ancillary Power Pools

Dark Mastery

Netherworld Tentacles

Smite

Engulfing Darkness

Netherworld Grasp

Darkest Night

Electricity Mastery

Chain Fences

Havoc Punch

Lightning Field

Paralyzing Jolt

Rehabilitating Circuit (New power, a chaining heal. Basically you fire it at an ally and then it chains off of them to hit nearby allies [including yourself] for a bit of healing.)

Fire Mastery

Fire Cages

Cremate

Char

Fire Sword Circle

Warmth

Ice Mastery

Frostbite

Ice Sword

Block of Ice

Frozen Aura

Snow Storm

Ninja Tool Mastery

Tashibishi (A Caltrops clone, basically)

Sting of the Wasp

Paralizing Dart

The Lotus Drops

Kemuridama (PBAoE, Foe Placate -DMG -ToHit)

Psionic Mastery

Mass Hypnosis

Mind Probe

Dominate

Psychic Shockwave

Link Minds

Patron Power Pools

Leviathan Mastery

School of Sharks

Knockout Blow

Arctic Breath

Spirit Shark Jaws

Summon Coralax

Mace Mastery

Web Envelope

Pulverize

Focused Accuracy

Web Cocoon

Summon Tarantula

Soul Mastery

Midnight Grasp

Soul Tentacles

Darkest Night

Soul Storm

Summon Mistress

Mu Mastery

Electrifying Fences

Thunder Strike

Electric Shackles

Static Discharge

Summon Adept

• Thanks 2

Wha??? Sentinel Psi ancillary has Link Minds! Providing defense, to-hit and psi-resist to the whole team! In fact, my psi/willpower Sentinel relies on it to softcap.

Dark Mastery and Soul Mastery also both have Darkest Night which I consider a pretty awesome power.

Rehabilitating Circuit in Electric Mastery is entirely unique too!

I guess its subjective but I consider these "awesome powers"

Hmph.  I did miss Link Minds there.  Revise opinion upwards.  Easier trip to softcap is easier.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

Well, to look at Fire Mastery as an example, since I have a Fire/Fire sentinel:

* Fire Cages (AoE Immobilize) - VERY useful, especially with Rain of Fire. 

* Cremate (high damage melee) - Sentinels have high damage ranged attacks, so this seems redundant).

* Char (Hold) - Holds are useful.

* Fire Sword Circle (PBAoE) - If you didn’t have enough AoE in your primary.  Easily skippable for Fire Blast sentinels.

* Warmth (PBAoE heal) - Incredibly useful, though I’d have to see the exact numbers on heal and recharge time.

For comparison, here’s Psionic Mastery:

* Mass Hypnosis (AoE Sleep) - Sleep and Immobilize are both useful to Sentinels, in different ways. Immobilize is better if you’re using lots of AoE attacks, but Sleep can keep attackers docile while you take out their buddies.

* Mind Probe (Melee, -Recharge) - Seems redundant, but could be useful for the right build.

* Dominate (Hold) - It’s a hold.

* Psychic Shockwave (PBAoE Damage +Disorient) - Isn’t this the tier 9 power in Mental Manipulation (the Blaster secondary)?  Another power that forces you into melee range...but not a bad one, especially with a chance to disorient.

* Link Minds (Team +DEF, +Hit, +RES Psy) - This is the power that makes the power pool shine.  A team boost with added Defense (helps with softcap), Accuracy, and Psionic Resistance.

Well, to look at Fire Mastery as an example, since I have a Fire/Fire sentinel:

* Fire Cages (AoE Immobilize) - VERY useful, especially with Rain of Fire. 

* Cremate (high damage melee) - Sentinels have high damage ranged attacks, so this seems redundant).

* Char (Hold) - Holds are useful.

* Fire Sword Circle (PBAoE) - If you didn’t have enough AoE in your primary.  Easily skippable for Fire Blast sentinels.

* Warmth (PBAoE heal) - Incredibly useful, though I’d have to see the exact numbers on heal and recharge time.

For comparison, here’s Psionic Mastery:

* Mass Hypnosis (AoE Sleep) - Sleep and Immobilize are both useful to Sentinels, in different ways. Immobilize is better if you’re using lots of AoE attacks, but Sleep can keep attackers docile while you take out their buddies.

* Mind Probe (Melee, -Recharge) - Seems redundant, but could be useful for the right build.

* Dominate (Hold) - It’s a hold.

* Psychic Shockwave (PBAoE Damage +Disorient) - Isn’t this the tier 9 power in Mental Manipulation (the Blaster secondary)?  Another power that forces you into melee range...but not a bad one, especially with a chance to disorient.

* Link Minds (Team +DEF, +Hit, +RES Psy) - This is the power that makes the power pool shine.  A team boost with added Defense (helps with softcap), Accuracy, and Psionic Resistance.

One thing about the melee attacks is that they work as kinetic combat set mules for sets with typed defenses - getting almost 4% S/L def is pretty great considering how hard it is to get S/L def on a character with only ranged attacks.

I'd also say the PBAoE attacks are super worth it for any sentinel with a cone attack - breath of fire is pretty shitty to be honest.  I dropped it in favor of psychic shockwave and didn't look back - easier to hit multiple targets, higher number of potential targets hit, same-ish recharge.

One thing about the melee attacks is that they work as kinetic combat set mules for sets with typed defenses - getting almost 4% S/L def is pretty great considering how hard it is to get S/L def on a character with only ranged attacks.

I guess it depends on your build and play preferences.  I like set bonuses, but I don’t like them so much that I’ll spend several slots on a power I never end up using.  That’s also why I have a hard time taking Fighting, because I’m “wasting” a power slot to open up Tough and Weave.

I'd also say the PBAoE attacks are super worth it for any sentinel with a cone attack - breath of fire is pretty shitty to be honest.  I dropped it in favor of psychic shockwave and didn't look back - easier to hit multiple targets, higher number of potential targets hit, same-ish recharge.

Why not both? :)

I’m pursuing the exact opposite with my Sentinel - raising my defenses against ranged and AoE where I can, and doing my best to stay out of melee by using Hover.  I’m even going as far as considering the two Sentinel-specific IO sets (expensive!), and breaking them up by putting 3 each in 4 different powers to get a total +30% range boost, since each set gives +7.5% range as the 3-slot set bonus*.  Scrapper defenses plus blaster range is pretty nice, and that’s the main reason I’m considering Fire Mastery (to get the AoE Immobilize that keeps foes at range).

* I’ll probably break up one of the two sets to go into two different powers, and keep the other intact in a single power.  That’s +22.5% range, or 73.5 on a range 60 blast without any other range enhancements.

I'm gonna stick with "underwhelmed".  Link Minds is ok, if you can soft cap (some Sents have basically 0 Def).  But it requires 2 other powers, including Psychic Shockwave, which is ok.  The Heals are 8% - that's a waste of a click in combat.

I'm sticking to the "Sentinels get less than any other AT from Epic" assessment.  Couple useful things for certain builds, but my Fire/Rad doesn't have any, and I don't see that changing.

I feel it's worth pointing out the melee attacks are a lot harder hitting in DP-AT than the ranged attacks so they make for pretty useful blapping if you want to go that way. Still evaluating the use of the CCs but I have a hard time seeing CC as a bad pick for a Sent. Dominate in Psy hits as hard as most of your Primary Powerset moves, comes with extra range, and throws in a Mag 3 hold.

All of the single target attacks spread the basic (not bar-based) Opportunity debuff and all damaging attacks spread your opportunity bar.

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later

I took, and get quite a bit of mileage out of, the Ninja Caltrops clone (Tashibishi or some such).  I made a target self macro that drops them at my feet.  This creates a zone around me that melee mobs are unwilling to enter, and lets me work in peace.  It isn't an awesome wowzer DPS!!KAPOW!!OVER9000 power but it is very useful nevertheless.  None of the melee attacks or other powers in the Ninja set tempted me in the least. 

You should be aware that some of the powers listed in Pine's, like Mu and Mace Mastery, require a tour of duty redside to unlock the villain patrons.  Doing one storyline gets them all, and everybody recommends Black Scorpion.  But this would be concept breaking for most of my characters, so they aren't really an option for everyone, or for anyone not already a villain out of the box.   

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

8 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I took, and get quite a bit of mileage out of, the Ninja Caltrops clone (Tashibishi or some such).  I made a target self macro that drops them at my feet.  This creates a zone around me that melee mobs are unwilling to enter, and lets me work in peace.  It isn't an awesome wowzer DPS!!KAPOW!!OVER9000 power but it is very useful nevertheless.  

Caltrops is just wonderful.  Always has been.  It is one of those powers that is so damn good that it works with the default slot or several. 

I use it with the default slot on my DP/Nin with the exact same mindset.  Yeah, that ITF where those jerks want to brawl with you using Broadsword powers?  Caltrops forces them away and makes the AI try to use their ranged attack (which has 0 debuffs attached).  It's just great for pesky melee enemies.  It's even more hilarious with Blinding Powder because they turn and try to shoot their friends too.  Ever see a Malta Sapper fire on his friends (play a Controller and make that happen!). 

But for the DPS!!KAPOW!!OVER9000 -- this has been a not well kept secret for a long time, but this power takes damage procs.  Put a Positron, PvP, and Impeded Swiftness damage procs in it.  Watch numbers fly!

• 3 weeks later

I now have a Ninja Blade/Ninja Reflexes stalker.  Intriguingly, while the sentinel power is named Tashibishi, the ninja power is named Caltrops. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

1 hour ago, Heraclea said:

Intriguingly, while the sentinel power is named Tashibishi, the ninja power is named Caltrops. 

Yup. There used to be old advertisements for "Tashibishi: Ninja Caltrops" in things like Black Belt Magazine and other places.  

I've never heard of that term in my life.  As I understand it, there are several words that mean "caltrop" but the terms are more descriptive than that.  Makibishi would be more appropriate as the action of the character matches the intent of the term.  

BUUUT what do I know?