Can the current Devs add new costume pieces?

LKN-351

I'm thinking maybe so.... but I could be wrong

Cause if so, I've got old files I made back in 2013 for some client only version of the game that came around for a while. I hope if we added new pieces they wouldn't have to replace old pieces like I had to do back then.

I found the pics I took of my old mods but I didn't want to take the effort yet to find the files unless there's some interest in what I have already. I made a couple originals but a lot of what I did is of costumes that I've always liked from enemy groups.

• Like 1

So I decided to go ahead and post the pics since I took the time to find them lol

I'm pretty sure my files to put them into the game are either in my bookmarks or on my PC

1535103277_COHParagonprotector.jpg.dbcc026fb6843ab53f0d6d61dbd1247b.jpg1799085416_COHCreytank.jpg.a082774448f477fb86629ee1b82ea996.jpg1469432800_COHAdjutant.jpg.17b56fb68ba323fb28f7d0dc74c8146d.jpg
The Adjutant and Crey Tank needed lightened up a lot and the blueish tint removed from them. I also made the Crey Tank more reflective.

1664109763_COHPPhelm.jpg.ec36b53aad8365b94f2ee51f1a1a8b4e.jpg51447380_COHneckcover.jpg.e8ce71abbc3331aba6f72c91ea4161c7.jpg

667651866_COHCreytankhelm.jpg.b9cdb1d131805ccdefbfac1f665c756a.jpg371654780_COHCreytankhelm2.jpg.f5797b6b649544f304f6ad5f8d231204.jpg

On these four the one on the left side of the pic is how it was when I ported it into the CC. The helmet that I replaced with the Crey helm had different geos than the NPC version so I had to get a bit creative with the mouth plate and changed the neck but I liked how the eye ports had that kinda 'furrowed brow' look to them.The Paragon Protector helm was kinda plain so I added some texture to the metal parts and a neck pattern, unfortunately it distorted a bit.

1578853220_COHArachnos.jpg.762822b88176fcb069d31a497db91810.jpg
This one was a pain, when I first ported it into the CC it only accepted skin colouring. I ended up fixing that but the only way to colour the red part was to change the skin colour and the black part is under face patterns. Wasn't my favourite solution but it was the only one that ended with the colours functioning properly.
Also, it's a higher resolution than the NPC part.

1216978590_COHCreyscorphelm2.jpg.8a6ba3df3fd8c2ae42e4e4fec5336cfd.jpg450012617_COHcreyscorphelm1.jpg.6ca93792e10f8fb188e013f98d78b10e.jpg729777741_COHCreyscorphelm3.jpg.a32b837e943bde052ba4f67be494bbc6.jpg
I don't recall if the Chitin Helm that I replaced had the option to use patterns originally or not. The distortion problems I was running into where very noticeable on this helmet between the visor and the metal.

982153240_COHmask1.jpg.56a8cd5190f45c9160d096c3b51190f5.jpg1166253507_COHmask2.jpg.f1758145082d89839f0c1623f2b5040d.jpg1334298815_COHmask3.jpg.51280ad5f8b018eca5262da3b14a981d.jpg2006166310_COHmask4.jpg.0711f0282875d3f30b3fd455ab9406af.jpg

All parts function just like any other part that was previously in the game aside from the Arachnos face, I even managed to get the Crey Tank eyes to stay red.

I was using Piggviewer 1.61 to extract the files and then to reformat the .DDS into .texture files. I tried using Tony's piggviewer and for some forgotten reason I couldn't get it to convert them back to .textures and it didn't always extract them. I tried using Game Extractor as well but I kept getting errors about not having the right plugins.

Originally I was using Photoshop 7 to edit and Graphics Converter 3 to convert to .DDS. Then someone pointed me towards the PS plugins so I only used GC3 if it was a DXT1 .DDS.

I think that's right, it has been some time since I've messed with this.... 2013 to be exact lol

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Someone did a revamp of some older Costume Textures on the Secret Server. They where eventually added into the game. I don't believe they can create new Costume pieces specifically but they can fix existing costume pieces and added new updated textures. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

I'm still waiting on below-the-belt snake bodies...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Yes. They can, and have. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

16 minutes ago, LKN-351 said:

Ok so do I just leave this post here and hope one sees it or what?

That depends on what the point of the post is...if you're asking if they *can* add pieces, I answered that. 

Are you're asking if *you can help* add pieces?

That's maybe a "suggestions" forum post. 

Are you asking if certain pieces can be added?

Same deal, ask in the suggestions forum. 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter

I thought about posting up in the costume request thread, but that's more for things that the Devs would have to create and add into the game and that's not the case here since I already did everything but add them to the game. I don't want to add them just for me if there's a chance they can be added for everyone.

One thing to keep in mind is that the dev team is a small group of volunteers. With limited time and resources they can only do so much at a time. Getting the latest update “Page 3” ready is the focus right now.

• Like 4

Dazl - Excelsior Grav/Kinetic Controller (SG - Cosmic Council) | Dazl - Everlasting & Torchbearer Grav/Energy Dominator

Shadowspawn - Excelsior Dark/Dark Stalker | Pyro Kinetic -Everlasting Fire/Kinetic Corrupter | Nova Pyre - Everlasting Fire/Fire/Fire Blaster (OMG)

• 2 weeks later

That's not out of the question, but there where some things that I posted pics of but cant find the specific modified files that go to the game.

Like the helmets and the Arachnos head. Have no idea where the files went, I've yet to be able to get in touch with the guy that was assisting me that may have some of them backed up.

Edited by LKN-351

Woof. I don't hold a candle to the people volunteering in that thread lol I just just fiddled around with the cantankerous programs that where available at the time and had some good resources in the titan forums to get what I wanted done. While I could do some more things, I'm not willing to take the time to do some more things.

I appreciate the link though cause I wouldn't have found that on my own.

From what I have seen in conversations, there are a few standards they have or try to maintain to;

• Not unique / a signature piece of an NPC's look. This means no Scirocco's scimitar, no Ghost Widow hair, no BAB gloves, etc.
  • It can be ported to all three body sizes without model adjustments
  • Are color tintable
  • No egregious clipping, depending on where its located and what slot.
Edited by Shadeknight
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

1 hour ago, Shadeknight said:

From what I have seen in conversations, there are a few standards they have or try to maintain to;

• Not unique / a signature piece of an NPC's look. This means no Scirocco's scimitar, no Ghost Widow hair, no BAB gloves, etc.

But we're getting Aeon's Gloves this time aren't we?

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

• It can be ported to all three body sizes without model adjustments
  • Are color tintable
  • No egregious clipping, depending on where its located and what slot.

Well all the parts I did tick all those so thats good. Honestly the majority of what I did just took pre-existing parts and reskinned them with pre-existing image resources. I did make some patterns from scratch but it was just face/chest patterns.